Drink

Asanovic

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno. Lived here 2 years and honestly,I've yet to set foot in an Ilson boozer. The women who knock about durjng the day are scary enough, never mind venturing out at night..

Been in more Derby centre pubs, they're just better somehow.

Excuse me. I sip it through a straw.

The way I wind people up on here, I might end up eating through one.

you're defiantly a hot topic in the mod room Eddie, ;)

Well, that's nice.

Do you think my posts ought to come with a disclaimer?

I often jack it in for a month or two at a time and find it reasonably easy. Just try abstaining for two or four weeks and see how you feel. Put the money you save into a little pot and at the end of four weeks send it all to me.

I do this but then a bank holiday weekend comes up and the sun is out the next thing i find myself sat outside a pub swilling ale down me neck. Problem is my body isn't use to it and i end up in a right state.

I used to be a sod when it came to going out. Pre-drinks at my mates, chaser with my pint, rows of shots and then vomit and shaking in bed the next morning wishing I hadn't bothered. Now I'll have a beer when I fancy one. Got past the compulsion to keep up with friends out on the lash and now I have a much happier relationship with alcohol.

I'm 20 (coming up to 21) and I very rarely drink, despite just finishing uni! To be honest, if I'm at the pub with friends, I'd rather just have a lemonade. Tastes much nicer in my opinion and doesn't damage my wallet quite as much!

The only time I'll drink is if I'm going on a night out, in which case I'll get absolutely rat-arsed. Only happens once every three weeks or so. All about moderation :p

There will probably be a time though when I get fed up of nights out in Scream and Blue Note and that's probably when I'll pack it in.

Thinking about knocking it on the head.

It doesn't affect me in the working week generally, but seem to get in a pickle at weekends (mostly unplanned) and free booze work do's, as I'm sure most lads in their mid 20's do. Started doing a few tw*ttish things like missing expensive trains, unnecessarily arguing with people and making commitments when I'm p*ssed that I can't keep. All standard fare for the average drinker, but I'm basically fed up of being stupid when drunk! I used to enjoy the craic of a hangover, going for some breakfast with your mates and shaking it off, but I'm not fussed anymore.

Absolute killer from a weight point of view and the hangovers are getting worse - find myself in a complete depression pit come Sunday night, as well as feeling sick as a dog.

AND - probably most importantly - it's so bloody expensive. Live in Central London and even though I drink in pubs rather than clubs I find myself throwing cash at booze all night. Then I come home for the match, exclaim at how cheap it is, and drink more to compensate.

Already tried moderation and I'm just useless at it. Once I get the taste for it I'll knock it back.

Do quite alot outside of work so I'm not dependent on drinking at weekends, but obviously if you're used to being a pub environment often it's tough when all your mates are drinking.

Has anyone else jacked it in?

You're getting older chap.!!  Welcome. ;)

I'm 20 (coming up to 21) and I very rarely drink, despite just finishing uni! To be honest, if I'm at the pub with friends, I'd rather just have a lemonade. Tastes much nicer in my opinion and doesn't damage my wallet quite as much!

The only time I'll drink is if I'm going on a night out, in which case I'll get absolutely rat-arsed. Only happens once every three weeks or so. All about moderation :p

There will probably be a time though when I get fed up of nights out in Scream and Blue Note and that's probably when I'll pack it in.

you avin a laugh yeah? Half a lemonade is as dear as half a lager.

Archived