WOW! I can't believe we've signed......

Boycie

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I've said "WOW!! I can't believe we've signed..." an awful lot in the last 10 years. Sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised afterwards, but usually I've been sort-of 'meh'.

I think the last time a signing really got my pulses racing was Crag Burley, because I really, REALLY rated the guy. Then he joined Derby. Oh, and Ravanelli.

In this order (I think) came the signings that had me breaking down the doors at Derby to kiss the feet of the board and management...

Kevin Hector

Dave Mackay

Archie Gemmill (when I heard about this, I thought we'd signed Tommy Gemmell from Celtic - but after seeing Archie play, I realised that we had someone far better)

Terry Hennessey

Colin Todd

David Nish

Francis Lee

Charlie George

Leighton James

John Gregory

Peter Shilton

Mark Wright

Dean Saunders

Paul Goddard

Igor Stimac

Aljosa Asanovic

Stefano Eranio

Craig Burley

Fabrizio Ravanelli

and that's about it.

Are we talking pre or post signing here? Cos I was really excited when we re-signed Chris Riggott... Which obviously didn't work out but when we signed I was dancing round the room... He was a quality player back in the day and I knew if we could get him fit he'd be immense...

Nish

Daly

Wright

Er

Maybe my memory is going

Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came - so that was no surprise to me. I was only surprised that we didn't sign Alex Stepney after he slung his hook at Old Trafford and headed stateside.

Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came - so that was no surprise to me. I was only surprised that we didn't sign Alex Stepney after he slung his hook at Old Trafford and headed stateside.

yeah , cheers Gordon , depriving me of my chance of an F.A. cup final..

when I was on holiday and a mate rang to say Seth Johnson had taken a £30k + pay cut to come back and be a cult hero was the last time I said 'WOW'.

Also, sadly, when we signed Jewell as manager......

I seem to remember Dave Mackay being a big one for me.

He was probably the biggest for any of us of a certain age, because it came totally out of the blue and was totally unprecedented. Small town club buys legend, legend goes on to win Footballer of the Year at small town club, legend returns to small town club to win second League Championship.

I want a Dave Mackay statue - preferably the one throttling Billy Bremner, but of course he was a Spurs player when THAT picture was taken.

"http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/06/article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286" alt="article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468">

Archived