WOW! I can't believe we've signed......

Boycie

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shilton, mark wright, Paul McGrath, asanvoic after he impressed in euros, kinky, carbone, the 2 chech players although they never got to put shirt on, bazooka ( can't spell his proper name), taribo west, recently......probably Johnson the second time.

2 Czech players? Who were they?

Wow - Good - Taribo West.. Couldn't believe we pulled off a name like that from a massive club

Wow - Bad - Claude $3mill

Wow - Shocking - Nigel Clough.. Hiring an average manager from non-league when no other club in the football league would touch him shocked me the most..

Kubic and his mate I think.

Ivo Knoflicek and Lubos Kubik

My dad is mates with Steve Round's dad and he said that Knoflicek was like lightning and a very tidy looking striker... Shame that Maxwell wouldn't pay the £600k compensation for them both.

Think Knoflicek went to Hamburg and Kubik to Fiorentina...

Kevin Hector was unknown surely?

Hardly.

He'd scored 45 goals for Bradford Park Avenue the season before.

sorry should have got to the end of the topic before adding my two penneth !!

No worries. The fact that about 4 people have pointed it out just underlines my approaching senility. 

Wow - Shocking - Nigel Clough.. Hiring an average manager from non-league when no other club in the football league would touch him shocked me the most..

And nothing he ever does will change your opinion of him, will it?

As for an 'average manager from non-league', perhaps it's the language barrier and I'm misunderstanding you. When he left Burton for Derby they were 13 - that's THIRTEEN - points clear at the top of the Conference. He was an exceptional non-league manager - and it's safe to say that without him, Burton might not yet be a league club. The wheels came off when he left, despite Roy McFarland's best efforts. Doesn't that make Clough a better manager than McFarland for a start?

I bet you probably thought that Norwich were idiots to appoint Martin O'Neill from Wycombe Wanderers, don't you? And that nobody should have touched Neil Warnock. After all, he spent 6 largely unsuccessful years at Burton Albion and never got them near the football league.

Just in case theres people on here who dont know what Bris Vegas is about -

when Nigel Clough left, Burton were top of the Conference, setting a league record for the most consecutive wins

(and got into the football League for the 1st time in their history)

Wow - Good - Taribo West.. Couldn't believe we pulled off a name like that from a massive club

Wow - Bad - Claude $3mill

How come that just over a month before he was appointed Derby manager, Crewe had been chasing him and had him as number one choice over experienced Football Managers such as Aidy Boothroyd, Steve Cotterill and John Ward?

From what I can recall Clough had rejected numerous approaches from League One/Two clubs due to his loyalty for Burton Albion and not wanting to uproot his family for the Derby area.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/crewe-alex-fc/crewe-alex-fc-news/2008/11/26/crewe-alex-nigel-clough-heads-manager-shortlist-96135-22338809/

And nothing he ever does will change your opinion of him, will it?

Some people can just never see that they are wrong...

Just in case theres people on here who dont know what Bris Vegas is about -

when Nigel Clough left, Burton were top of the Conference, setting a league record for the most consecutive wins

(and got into the football League for the 1st time in their history)

One thing I can almost guarantee is that you will not get a reply on this from Bris.

When he is shown up, he usually runs like a scalded cat.

How come that just over a month before he was appointed Derby manager, Crewe had been chasing him and had him as number one choice over experienced Football Managers such as Aidy Boothroyd, Steve Cotterill and John Ward?

From what I can recall Clough had rejected numerous approaches from League One/Two clubs due to his loyalty for Burton Albion and not wanting to uproot his family for the Derby area.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/crewe-alex-fc/crewe-alex-fc-news/2008/11/26/crewe-alex-nigel-clough-heads-manager-shortlist-96135-22338809/

Some people can just never see that they are wrong...

Oh, they can see it - they just can't bring themselves to admit it.

Archived