WOW! I can't believe we've signed......

Boycie

Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came - so that was no surprise to me. I was only surprised that we didn't sign Alex Stepney after he slung his hook at Old Trafford and headed stateside.

My memory is that Daly was already here when Docherty came Eddie?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came - so that was no surprise to me. I was only surprised that we didn't sign Alex Stepney after he slung his hook at Old Trafford and headed stateside.

My memory is that Daly was already here when Docherty came Eddie?

And nothing he ever does will change your opinion of him, will it?

As for an 'average manager from non-league', perhaps it's the language barrier and I'm misunderstanding you. When he left Burton for Derby they were 13 - that's THIRTEEN - points clear at the top of the Conference. He was an exceptional non-league manager - and it's safe to say that without him, Burton might not yet be a league club. The wheels came off when he left, despite Roy McFarland's best efforts. Doesn't that make Clough a better manager than McFarland for a start?

I bet you probably thought that Norwich were idiots to appoint Martin O'Neill from Wycombe Wanderers, don't you? And that nobody should have touched Neil Warnock. After all, he spent 6 largely unsuccessful years at Burton Albion and never got them near the football league.

Exceptional..

lol..

You forgot to mention at the 10th attempt

Hopefully..

I'd love to see Derby back in the PL before I die

Same, still never been in Europe or reached a major cup final in my lifetime. makes me depressed seeing people grow up with Derby winning titles and are now a mediocre 2nd tier team.

Resigned the the fact that our best season in my lifetime was 8th in the Prem.

As for wow signing can't remember any, was too young the get the news of the Eranio signing on the day and I didn't know much about his heritage back then. I guess the only wow signing was Ravanelli.

Is he still suing us over unpaid wages 

I don't think i said wow, i think it was something like fookin brilliant.

thats what I'm talking about!

Look, Leicester fans wanted a new striker and when they revealed him the fans got Wood.

How come that just over a month before he was appointed Derby manager, Crewe had been chasing him and had him as number one choice over experienced Football Managers such as Aidy Boothroyd, Steve Cotterill and John Ward?

From what I can recall Clough had rejected numerous approaches from League One/Two clubs due to his loyalty for Burton Albion and not wanting to uproot his family for the Derby area.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/crewe-alex-fc/crewe-alex-fc-news/2008/11/26/crewe-alex-nigel-clough-heads-manager-shortlist-96135-22338809/

Some people can just never see that they are wrong...

Was just about to put that I seem to remember there were always clubs after him, because I can just remember his dad always on the radio saying he hasnt served his apprenticeship yet he needs to learn..

Maybe you might not of seen that in mexico bris just because it wasnt on some stats  :lol:  :lol:  :p

Shilton, mark wright, Paul McGrath, asanvoic after he impressed in euros, kinky, carbone, the 2 chech players although they never got to put shirt on, bazooka ( can't spell his proper name), taribo west, recently......probably Johnson the second time.

too right...watching euro 96 and thinking have we really signed this asanovic guy. great days...about to head off to uni...phoneix festival...and derby into the prem. if only we had won the euros, we been croatia lol

Archived