WOW! I can't believe we've signed......

Boycie

He was probably the biggest for any of us of a certain age, because it came totally out of the blue and was totally unprecedented. Small town club buys legend, legend goes on to win Footballer of the Year at small town club, legend returns to small town club to win second League Championship.

I want a Dave Mackay statue - preferably the one throttling Billy Bremner, but of course he was a Spurs player when THAT picture was taken.

The weird thing is, I'm 21.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came".

Eddie : Think Gerry Daly was with us before the Doc arrived - in fact , IIRC, he left Manure to get away from the guy!

i thought that, too, what a great judge of character Gerry was..

I was astonished when we signed Colin Todd. I was living in London at the time and read it in the Evening Standard, looking over someone's shoulder, standing on a tube station platform.

Headline news in London eh?

"Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came".

Eddie : Think Gerry Daly was with us before the Doc arrived - in fact , IIRC, he left Manure to get away from the guy!

You're right - Docherty arrived at the end of the summer, and Gerry Daly arrived in the previous season. I'm ashamed I had to look that up. Colin Murphy signing?

I was away somewhere the weekend we signed Bywater, had no access to the internet for the most part.

When I did get a quick glimpse the day after the game I was ever so slightly confused!

Actually come to think of it I had no idea we'd actually signed Sammon until he'd played a couple of games for us, or sold Steve Davies.

Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came - so that was no surprise to me. I was only surprised that we didn't sign Alex Stepney after he slung his hook at Old Trafford and headed stateside.

Daly was signed by Murphy.....he'd fallen out with the doc at old trafford

remember the chant?

" we'd rather have Daly than the Doc"

Daly was signed by Murphy.....he'd fallen out with the doc at old trafford

remember the chant?

" we'd rather have Daly than the Doc"

Yep. I had a bit of a brainstorm. Saying that, he stayed at Derby right through Docherty's reign.

My favourite Docherty chant was to the tune of a knees-up.

He did....and he was a great player.

Faded badly after Addison arrived for some reason.

I blame the perm.

Gerry Daly and Gordon Hill were always going to end up at Derby after the Doc came - so that was no surprise to me. I was only surprised that we didn't sign Alex Stepney after he slung his hook at Old Trafford and headed stateside.

Gerry Daly left man united to get away from Docherty I thought he was here before the doc not because of the doc, he hated him, he lives in Oakwood in Derby and I went round his house last year to ask him to sign something for me, a very quiet unassuming man indeed (daly of course not the doc)

Gerry Daly left man united to get away from Docherty I thought he was here before the doc not because of the doc, he hated him, he lives in Oakwood in Derby and I went round his house last year to ask him to sign something for me, a very quiet unassuming man indeed (daly of course not the doc)

sorry should have got to the end of the topic before adding my two penneth !!

Shilton, mark wright, Paul McGrath, asanvoic after he impressed in euros, kinky, carbone, the 2 chech players although they never got to put shirt on, bazooka ( can't spell his proper name), taribo west, recently......probably Johnson the second time.

Archived