Fergie Retires

SSD

It's unreal, like somebody else said, I can't remember Fergie never being in the game. He pretty much is Manchester United. Crazy times.

I remember when Tommy Docherty was manager there.

Where's that chimp?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

I hope the new boss messes United up a bit. Would love to see change in the League allowing a new teams into the top tier at ManYoos expense.

Also, puts Nigel up another peg in the longest serving manager list. Nice. Stay away from Cloughie, United.

There could be a power vacuum. And after that, a financial one too. This is a massive appointment for United - and an almost impossible task. I don't think failure for Fergie's successor would make them a bad manager.

Brave man, whoever goes for it.

David Moyes would be such a bad appointment.

From doing quite a good job at Everton to managing the biggest club in the world. It's Manchester United, they can basically pick who they want.

Hope they do appoint him, will be funny. 

From doing quite a good job at Everton to managing the biggest club in the world. It's Manchester United, they can basically pick who they want.

During his time at Everton, Moyes never won away at Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal, that is pretty poor, even Phil Brown and Steve Kean have won away at one of them grounds. Hasn't won a trophy either.

Love how the Masfield Town manager has odds.

Morre chance of Professor Brian Cox getting the gig.

Now there's a thought...

Professor Brian Cox for Derby - Jake Buxton will nut sub-atomic particles into oblivion, he's that hard.

During his time at Everton, Moyes never won away at Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal, that is pretty poor, even Phil Brown and Steve Kean have won away at one of them grounds. Hasn't won a trophy either.

Means nothing.

During his time at Man Utd, Fergie had his arse handed to him on a plate by Derby on more than one occasion.

Means nothing.

During his time at Man Utd, Fergie had his arse handed to him on a plate by Derby on more than one occasion.

I know, but at least Fergie has pedigree when he was appointed, Moyes doesn't it is a big risk and he will need to improve his tactical knowledge to be a success there, draws at Arsenal, Chelsea won't be good enough now and he will also be compared to Fergie whatever happens as he was the chosen one and the media pressure will be 100 times as tough now.

Thought it was just me thinking this.

He's done alright in the PL. is that what you need on your CV? 'Done alright in the Premiership'.

Bet Pulis is gutted this season has been a bit ****

Thought it was just me thinking this.

He's done alright in the PL. is that what you need on your CV? 'Done alright in the Premiership'.

Bet Pulis is gutted this season has been a bit ****

I don't think Moyes is the man for the job, but it's not necessarily a case of saying "this guy has won x amount, therefore he is good enough". It's a bit like judging a striker by his goals alone.

Anyone can and anyone will win something with the current crop of United players, that's easy. Moyes, Megson, Hughes, they can win a League Cup, no problem. It's what they do when it goes sour and whether they can keep it up beyond one season. Fergie only ever let United have a few off seasons.

That's not to do with tactics, or what he had or had not won before he came to United - he had the complete respect and control over his players. Moyes has managed some pretty colourful characters in his time, but it's a different kettle of fish when you're talking Ronaldo, Nani, Beckham.

What United need to look for is an intellect, and a powerful man who demands respect and knows how to keep players disciplined.

Is that Moyes? Probably not. But he's not a bad shout.

Maybe Ferguson had more respect for Moyes and the Everton team than he might've had for Jim Smith and Derby County, Phil Brown and Hull City etc...?

Are you suggesting that Fergie was unprofessional?

Archived