Fergie Retires

SSD

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it will be Moyes. He has proven willing to stay a lengthy period at a club.

Mourinho is a two-seasons man.

Maybe the timing is a massive coincidence but  I can't help but think that Saunders sudden availability prompted Fergie and United to roll forward his retirement two years.

It's not every day someone with the hidden qualities that Deano possesses becomes available.

A sad day for football but surely a glorious one for the Welsh Wizard?

Saunders is obviously preparing his acceptance speech as we type.

"Who's boots are them shoes? Where were you goin when I saw you coming back"

and

"Of course we can still the win the league but our chances have to gwin"

Didn't Moyes say he was heading to Germany next, earlier in the season?

Perhaps he's got the inside track on next year's Champions League draw

Moyes went down to 4/7 in the betting yesterday before this had even been announced...coincidence?

Next announcement - Glazers win Ladbrokes in betting coup...

WOW, that's quick!

I suspect the replacement has been lined up for days, or even weeks, with Fergie's approval. The club will want these first few days to let the world absorb the news and reflect on what's happened - if the replacement really is ready, they never were going to announce him on the same day.

Can we please, PLEASE not have a single Horward Webb "joke" on this thread?

Why, has he retired too?

Not sure about Moyes, good manager but he's never won a trophy at Everton (i think), and I think he's at a good level where he is. I worry if he goes to a club too big for him he'll end up a bit like AVB at Chelsea. Being manager of United brings certain perssures, he can stay manager of Everton and be content with finishing 5th, 6th or 7th, or maybe even sneaking 4th.

Moyes is down to 1/4 at the moment.

Love to see Klopp there, never spent lots of money at Dortmund, and he'd inherit a good team in United. With the additions of 1 or 2 decent midfielders and 1 or 2 decent defenders, United would be unbelievable and walk this league.

Archived