Fergie Retires

SSD

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone following Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement LIVE on the BBC Sport site  :blink:

As in "He's heading up the stairs, candlestick in hand,  next stop the land of Nod"?

Why is everyone so scared of the Man Utd job?

Why is it a poisoned chalice? Such a ridiculous statement.. How many European finals have Man Utd won in the past 25 years? Oh yeh that's right, a whopping 2..

So they've had some domestic success..

So have many clubs.. Inter Milan won 5 straight, didn't stop Benitez going in there.. Porto have been dominant for 20 years, didn't stop a 30 year old taking up the job.. Bayern have been monsters in Germany, didn't stop Guardiola joining.. Barca have been one of the greatest sides ever, didn't stop an untried Vilanova taking over..

Seriously, Man Utd have never won more than 3 domestic titles on the trot.. It's not that big of a deal.. Why can't someone come in and stay for 10 years, winning 4 league titles and 2 Euro Cups? Why would they still be in the shadow of Fergie who only ever won twice in 25 years?

Feckin hell, move on.. Not that big of a deal.

And David Moyes is set to be appointed..

BWAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHHHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Hilarious.. Man Utd to be out of Europe in the group stages, no wins away at Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea for the next 10 years and ugly longball football....... This has made my feckin day!

Why is everyone so scared of the Man Utd job?

Why is it a poisoned chalice? Such a ridiculous statement.. How many European finals have Man Utd won in the past 25 years? Oh yeh that's right, a whopping 2..

So they've had some domestic success..

So have many clubs.. Inter Milan won 5 straight, didn't stop Benitez going in there.. Porto have been dominant for 20 years, didn't stop a 30 year old taking up the job.. Bayern have been monsters in Germany, didn't stop Guardiola joining.. Barca have been one of the greatest sides ever, didn't stop an untried Vilanova taking over..

Seriously, Man Utd have never won more than 3 domestic titles on the trot.. It's not that big of a deal.. Why can't someone come in and stay for 10 years, winning 4 league titles and 2 Euro Cups? Why would they still be in the shadow of Fergie who only ever won twice in 25 years?

Feckin hell, move on.. Not that big of a deal.

I think the difference is; is when Benitez went to Inter he'd already won the european cup, the super cup and a few domestic cups such as the f.a. cup, community shield with liverpool. Go further back and he's won La Liga and the UEFA cup with Valencia, he knew how to win things.

Guardiola, well his record speaks for itself, winning the champions league twice, La Liga 3 times, Super Cup twice and less prestigious awards such as the Club World Cup, Copa Del Rey and the Supercopa de Espana three times. Although with you being Bris you probably know this as you do the same stuff over Barcelona and Pep as I do over Rosie Jones.

Although United may not have dominated like Barcelona have done in their respective league they have had to compete against Chelsea and City spending millions and millions in an attempt to catch up and try and overtake them. Moyes' only accomplishment to date is runner up in the f.a. cup.

He's done a brilliant job.

He's a genius.

I've followed his career since he was at st mirren believe it or not. He just has an incredible talent for reinventing his team and getting the best out of everyone. He is a huge act to follow.

I posted ealier in the season that i thought he looked ill.

I do wonder whether there isn't some slightly serious health reason behind this sudden news.

How many trophies had guardolia won before taking over Barcelona?

Brian clough before he came to derby?

Bill shankly?

How many trophies had guardolia won before taking over Barcelona?

Brian clough before he came to derby?

Bill shankly?

All of them managers never managed in the top flight before they took over, Moyes has 500+ games at Everton and has done alright, nothing more, nothing less.

I think Moyes will flop in Europe too. It's a different game.

What has drawn them to Moyes?

Ok so Everton haven't got the cash to break the Champions League spot but they don't do much of anything. He keeps them ticking over. That's not an achievement is it? It's not failure tbf. A club like Everton should be where they are. With those players and that budget you'd expect to find them exactly where they are.

But a club of that strength should also be knocking in the Europa League a bit harder. After all the heavyweights a club like Everton should be the next best thing to challenge for cups.

And the record against top teams. A club of that standing should be a head to head threat vs the heavyweights.

They just plod along. I would have thought a giant like Man United who can have near enough any manager in the world would be looking for more standout achievements than that. I would have thought they'd also want a guy who has a European credentials.

Archived