Was that the worst 3-0 win you've ever seen?

Duracell

Tonight's win was worrying. I'll continue to renew my season ticket, but even the 3-0 wins are such bland occasions right now. How has this happened after the buzz earlier this season?

But anyway, back to the point - has anyone seen a worse win by such a big scoreline?

Don't worry about the odd poor 3-0 win mate, even if it's dour. That one has kept us up. I've just come back from 3 weeks in Oz/New Zealand so I'm still in a good mood.

Here's an adapted version of the Men at Work tune

"While I was in a land Down Under

We won 2, plus the Birmingham blunder

Did that make the Non Cloughs chunder

Or are happy, well I wonder...."

This songwriting's a piece of pixx isn't it?

Cold here :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy with a win. Any remote chance of relegation should disappear completely if we beat the dirties on Monday which will make it a Happy EAster.

Winning 3-0 despite not playing well? Well Fester have beaten us 4-0 and 4-1 despite being outplayed by us at times in both games.

Brizzle were there to be beaten , which we did comfortably. I will setlle for that just now

And I actually enjoyed some of the football we played. Bryson put in his best performance for ages, Hendrick was excellent, and Sammon led the line really well (and was also far more of an attacking threat than Martin or Ward).

With half an hour to go and the game 2-0 I think everyone - both sets of players and the crowd - sensed that was game over and it all just petered out.

As for people saying we played awfully, I won't have it. First half an hour we should really have been three up considering how we dominated them.

Only thing that spoilt the night for me was our crap support.

I dispare. We did win didn't we? Radio Derby weren't having me on? We could have 5% possession, 3 shots on target, playing an 8-1-1 formation and i'd be happy with a win. I reckon some on here would find fault with their beer not having a decent head or their pie having too much meat in even if we won 6-0!!! FFS WE WON!

It was uninspiring last night but we won 3-0 and a month ago it was looking like we may be dragged into the relegation battle so at least the win pulled us three points further away from that for which I am grateful, however I did realise last night that in 12 months time I would be sat there watching the exact same team producing the same lack lustre performance and to be honest that I find quite a depressing thought !! DCFC needs a good shake up to bring some passion back, the atmosphere has completely gone now and it is going to take something quite more than 3-0 wins to bring it back and that to is a worrying statement, what has happened to our club ?? I am a clough fan and I see what the board are trying to do in rebuild the club and make us a viable concern, we have some good individual players but something is just not right !! Roll on another season of this !!!!

The last two matches we haven't played 90 mins of good passing football but we have had two good results. I do think a lot of people only want to remember the negatives from the games rather than the positives. Does anyone think them lot down the A52 have played outstanding in every game since jimmy crancky has returned or have they done enough to win the games? I bet they're not moaning though.

I think we have changed our tactics slightly to get the result first. It was a good performance too. We won for gods sake!!!

it wasn't all beer and skittles when Brian was in charge either, I went to some games , hoping we'd go a goal down,

in the knowledge that we'd need to score at least  two to make a game of it , there was many a time when

we'd score , then just contain the opposition and accept a 1-0 win , that got a bit boring to a degree too,

so i do see where Bunny is coming from. Only difference is we had the ability then to beat anyone back then..

I am a moaner who is not happy with board or manager, however a 3-0 win is welcome anytime so a big thanks to the players and management for the last two results.

I believe the OP's frustrations stem from the fact that these games are now dead rubbers so even a win does'nt carry the same satisfaction. The lack of atmosphere is a concern because the 23,000 currently going should be the diehards who will put up with just about anything so how come they are so quiet ?

I believe that the reality is that if the owners do not do something to promote more excitement or expectation amongst the supporters then the numbers attending will continue to fall no matter how partisan they are

It's boring cos we've got nothing to play for, might as well end the season now. 

It's frustrating cos this has been happening for about 4 consecutive years, Derby County approach the end of the season with no hope of anything. The life is being sucked out of the club. 

It's boring cos we've got nothing to play for, might as well end the season now. 

It's frustrating cos this has been happening for about 4 consecutive years, Derby County approach the end of the season with no hope of anything. The life is being sucked out of the club. 

Perhaps you would have been happier if we had lost against Fester and Brizzle? Then we would have had plenty to play for.

Perhaps you would have been happier if we had lost against Fester and Brizzle? Then we would have had plenty to play for.

I think a lot of fans welcomed the relegation fight, at least there was more of a buzz and will to win.

Obviously I dont want us to go down, but I'd rather see us stay up on the last day of the season with a 98th minute winner than watch this predictable, mid table, never going anywhere state the club has been in for far too long now.

Football is about hope and excitement, nothing about the club is hopefuly or exciting at the moment. 

I think a lot of fans welcomed the relegation fight, at least there was more of a buzz and will to win.

Obviously I dont want us to go down, but I'd rather see us stay up on the last day of the season with a 98th minute winner than watch this predictable, mid table, never going anywhere state the club has been in for far too long now.

Football is about hope and excitement, nothing about the club is hopefuly or exciting at the moment. 

I know what you mean re table position but a lot of clubs would give their right arm for our youth set-up. With many of these progressing to the first team we will be well placed to deal with the new rules and wage structures. It requires patience and can be hard but we will get there. I don't want us to sneak up though - I'd much rather we had a dominant season in the Championship so we are truly ready for the Prem.

And this is the way it will continue to be under Clough and Co.

You say anything remotely negative and you'll be labelled a forest fan (or something along the line) or be plastered with aload of pie charts to show the slight improvements.

The football is boring, the signings are boring, the manager is boring, the fans are boring- You sit in a stadium when we win and it's like a fookin morgue.

The cub even have to exaggerate the attendances because they are that dire, 23 thousand yesterday? My anus.

I for one did not want a relegation fight on our hands. The atmosphere has dropped because the season is over. You know when there is something to play for cause it's the talk before during and after the game. Rather than talk about who's carp or how silent the crowd were or clough in/out.

Not from me Eddie!

I just wish every now and then he did something to surprise us. 

There are many who will use every single down-side as the opportunity to stick the knife in. We - and they - know who they are. I honestly thought that there would be little dissent following a comfortable 3-0 victory, and in fairness there wasn't for a couple of hours.

Then one brave soul chirped up - and the floodgates opened. The atmosphere, the attendance, Sammon, Buxton, Friday, not being in a promotion battle, not being in a relegation battle, Ward's post-penalty miss sulk - all are Clough and/or GSE's fault one way or the other.

Archived