Was that the worst 3-0 win you've ever seen?

Duracell

I was having a conversation with my dad on the way out of the match, and we had both agreed it was not the most enjoyable victory we've seen.

But then, thinking about it, I can't remember a win by that margin being so un-enjoyable.

I suppose it's a number of things that made this the case. The fact we weren't brilliant, but were given a helping hand by one of the worst teams Pride Park has seen. The cold weather. The dour atmosphere.  The terrible referee. Even the toilets smelt of disappointment as well as beery-wee.

Tonight's win was worrying. I'll continue to renew my season ticket, but even the 3-0 wins are such bland occasions right now. How has this happened after the buzz earlier this season?

But anyway, back to the point - has anyone seen a worse win by such a big scoreline?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you've got Premiershipitis Bunny. This is what most football is like. Fairly ordinary. The SKY bullshit has convinced every one that each game should be like watching Barca v Real Madrid. Or at least Man Ure v Man City.

I definitely haven't got that!! I normally enjoy this division, and I'm glad we're not fighting tooth-and-nail in a league where 8th-ish is probably the most we can ever hope for (and according to Sky we should be grateful for it).

Very few matches in the Jewell era have had me as disillusioned as the past few games. When we win, the points don't really do anything for our meaningless season and when we lose, there's not even a serious danger of being dragged into the relegation scrap.

It feels really empty to be a Derby fan right now. It's very hard to get passionate about it all.

Doesn't help that my Dad is considering not renewing for the first time since Dinosaurs graced the earth - if he doesn't go, I can't either :(

Some people just have to have something to moan about.

I knew I would get this, but I've been very vocal in support of the board and manager since they joined. Been accused of being a happy-clapper or whatever and seeing things with rose-tinted spectacles, but I'm just beginning to lose faith in it all.

The atmosphere tonight was dreadful. No one else was enjoying that 3-0 victory like they should have done so clearly not everyone went home happy.

I've never been a great moaner, but I reserve the right to be a bit cheesed off over watching a game of football like that in weather like this.

Stick to something genuinely exciting and unpredictable, Duracell.

Oh wait - you like Formula 1.  ;)

I don't like every Grand Prix I watch, and I don't have to, just like I don't have to like every football match!

I can't believe I'm sounding a bit like those people that say "I have a right to boo" etc, but I'm not one of them. I'm just a young fan who's burnt out with all and infact this is one of the only threads of serious discontent I have ever put on any forum several thousand posts in.

Go easy on me please, I'm just feeling my way in to this whole "negativity" thing. Not really sure what I'm doing with it yet.

I'd rather watch an uninspiring 3-0 victory than a ultra exciting defeat. The team is there ultimately to pick up the points, not entertain the crowd like Brazil.

It seems that Clough can do nothing right, we win and the moans on here still happen!

I'm not really having a go at anyone in particular, I'm not asking for heads to roll, but just commenting on my feelings after the match and wondering if people agreed.

To be fair, anti-Clough posters often get criticised for not posting after wins, surely it's better to be consistent!? But anyway, yeah, not sure on Clough, but I am sure I won't be telling the grandkids about this one.

Some people just have to have something to moan about.

I'd rather watch an uninspiring 3-0 victory than a ultra exciting defeat. The team is there ultimately to pick up the points, not entertain the crowd like Brazil.

It seems that Clough can do nothing right, we win and the moans on here still happen!

So anybody who says it like it is, is now being a moaner? So if I agree with the original poster it means I'm moaning? Not just simply giving my analysis?

That was possibly the worst 3-0 victory I have ever seen...it was terrible.

And now I have a label...woo, go me.

Never mind the Touring Cars start again on the 31st March, 10 minutes of excitment there then.. Oh hang on we won 3-0 tonight and it should have been 5 or 6. Well I enjoyed it anyway

Glad you did! No problem with people enjoying a 3-0 win, I normally would no matter how crap, but for tonight for me personally it just felt different. I assumed it was due to the match itself.

The reaction of other fans was partially to blame for me, I guess. I love sharing the joy of winning with other fans but no one really seemed happy when we scored or seemed particularly bothered in cheering on the team. The blokes behind me wouldn't stop moaning the whole game, even at 3-0 up.

Duracell - don't worry about voicing your comments. It wasn't a great game of football. But we did win 3-0 easing up. And we do have another game on Monday which will be difficult. And the goals were each in their own way, good ones. But Bristol were/are, not a very good team albeit with some good individual players.

I agree with you. This is a fun division to be in; I don't like, intuitively, a league in which 8th is the best you can do. Tonight Leicester lost again and Birmingham won away at Palace. At the moment the league is relatively even. My own view is that another 4/5 years of premiership relegation money will alter this league too, but let's try and enjoy the competition while we can, and also get out of it, upwards.

But along the way there will be nights like tonight, when the football doesn't quite overcome other elements. In 50 years of watching the Rams it has always been this way at the fag end of a mid table season - and there have been more of them than seasons at top or bottom of whatever division we have been in. Football is full of average games and average seasons -it's what makes the good seasons so special.

There were things to admire tonight. Hendrick was very good and so was Bryson; I like much of what I see in Martin (very Ron Willems like, I think); Freeman could be a very good right back, with more experience, and Forsyth does have a sweet left foot; I like Bucko's uncomplicated approach in games like todays, and his partnership with Keogh. There were good things to see throughout the game and the side's performance.

And then there's Sammon. For me what we paid for him is immaterial - nothing to do with him. But on tonight's performance he will do for me. Energy and commitment he has consistently shown. But tonight his control was far better, far more consistent. He laid the ball off well, brought other players into the game much more consistently. He deserved a goal and should have had one, but that's the way it goes sometimes. His luck will, in my view, change. I hope he's playing for Derby when it does.

Let's set aside the Rio's of this world. Most footballers are reasonable human beings, with feelings. Most human beings want to be liked and praised and in my view, perform better when encouraged. Sammon cannot fail to be aware of the level of comment made about him, much of it negative. I don't see how the sheer level of criticism can possibly help him to perform better. But tonight his overall performance was, despite the miss, much improved, consistently good and contributed significantly to the result. And this after, unlike most others on the pitch, he had played 90 minutes in a hard international game only 48 hours before, with all the attendant travelling and effort involved in that. Well done feller!

Duracell - don't worry about voicing your comments. It wasn't a great game of football. But we did win 3-0 easing up. And we do have another game on Monday which will be difficult. And the goals were each in their own way, good ones. But Bristol were/are, not a very good team albeit with some good individual players.

I agree with you. This is a fun division to be in; I don't like, intuitively, a league in which 8th is the best you can do. Tonight Leicester lost again and Birmingham won away at Palace. At the moment the league is relatively even. My own view is that another 4/5 years of premiership relegation money will alter this league too, but let's try and enjoy the competition while we can, and also get out of it, upwards.

But along the way there will be nights like tonight, when the football doesn't quite overcome other elements. In 50 years of watching the Rams it has always been this way at the fag end of a mid table season - and there have been more of them than seasons at top or bottom of whatever division we have been in. Football is full of average games and average seasons -it's what makes the good seasons so special.

There were things to admire tonight. Hendrick was very good and so was Bryson; I like much of what I see in Martin (very Ron Willems like, I think); Freeman could be a very good right back, with more experience, and Forsyth does have a sweet left foot; I like Bucko's uncomplicated approach in games like todays, and his partnership with Keogh. There were good things to see throughout the game and the side's performance.

And then there's Sammon. For me what we paid for him is immaterial - nothing to do with him. But on tonight's performance he will do for me. Energy and commitment he has consistently shown. But tonight his control was far better, far more consistent. He laid the ball off well, brought other players into the game much more consistently. He deserved a goal and should have had one, but that's the way it goes sometimes. His luck will, in my view, change. I hope he's playing for Derby when it does.

Let's set aside the Rio's of this world. Most footballers are reasonable human beings, with feelings. Most human beings want to be liked and praised and in my view, perform better when encouraged. Sammon cannot fail to be aware of the level of comment made about him, much of it negative. I don't see how the sheer level of criticism can possibly help him to perform better. But tonight his overall performance was, despite the miss, much improved, consistently good and contributed significantly to the result. And this after, unlike most others on the pitch, he had played 90 minutes in a hard international game only 48 hours before, with all the attendant travelling and effort involved in that. Well done feller!

In your maturity you've posted the kind of post I'd be posting tomorrow, I think I just let my post-match feelings and frustrations out too much in one go! I understand that the average games are part-and-parcel of it all - but I want those games to be 0-0, not 3-0! I feel bad for not being satisfied, like one of those armchair fans.

I agree about some of the positives, and obviously there were some - I mean, we scored three goals! I just miss the killer instinct we had in December or November, and I miss having something to play for. I think I miss the relegation-scrap days right now!*

*please forgive me for saying that.

Archived