Niall Horans Derby Demand

eranio20

What a missed marketing chance by Derby!!! when the Flagman tweeted a picture of himself and Niall, flagmans phone nearly exploded with the number of retweets and new followers. They had no idea who flagman is but he had his photo taken with him so he had to be cool..

Derby should put the name Niall and 1D on the back of a Derby shirt and sell them to 1 Directions hoard of fans. The £millions it would bring would buy more than one new player!! 

Who cares if they then come to the Pride Park at least the Derby shirt is on show around the world!!

Come on Derby marketing team get your act together and don't miss an opportunity... again

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel I should put my 2p worth in this thread...

Forget his work, he is a Derby fan. Was before and is now.

I still keep him up to date with the scores on a match day etc and meet for a beer when he is down at Pride Park...

One thing I will say is that fame has not got to his head. When I first met him it was more of a I'm speaking to the guy who carries the flag home and away than it was about him being a popstar...

Talking to his friends he bigs me up each and every time saying goes home and away etc - to me just a normal Derby fan and all the conversations we have had have been about football and Derby rather than his work...

Feel slightly sorry for him as when we had a few photos with flag he were showing me his old seat in the SE Corner, obviously he cannot sit there anymore and I think for any Derby fan that would be a shame, not being able to be in the stands with the atmosphere etc.... And of course he gets mobbed everywhere but I think coming to Derby he see's it as a way out of the fame lark and gets to watch his team.

So in a nutshell top Derby lad, just like us all!

Nick

It's good to hear,

He seems a passionate Derby fan, and like most of us, perhaps more than most of us wants the club to do well! To think he used to travel from Ireland most weekends to watch us play, is a very commendable thing! I respect any fan that makes that sort of commitment and it is obvious that he misses the game, when a lot of us just moan about it!

I'd love to sit down and talk about Derby with him over a pint, I would a lot of people on here - it's a shame that he is in a situation where he can't really do that, because sounds like he is the sort of fan that would do that to!

What a missed marketing chance by Derby!!! when the Flagman tweeted a picture of himself and Niall, flagmans phone nearly exploded with the number of retweets and new followers. They had no idea who flagman is but he had his photo taken with him so he had to be cool..

Derby should put the name Niall and 1D on the back of a Derby shirt and sell them to 1 Directions hoard of fans. The £millions it would bring would buy more than one new player!! 

Who cares if they then come to the Pride Park at least the Derby shirt is on show around the world!!

Come on Derby marketing team get your act together and don't miss an opportunity... again

You've got to wonder what Nialls management team and one directions agents would have to say about Derby County making money from the name of it's client. You've got to wonder whether a global pop star may just have his image rights pretty securely tied down. I don't know about the marketing team missing a trick but I do think they'd have dropped the club in big doo doo if they'd tried.

HAHA! My phone did explode! They are mad! From my point of view gets the flag more known than what it is so happy days....

Just for the record he tweeted me and I think it received around 3500 favourites and retweets. But when sent out to 10 million followers can only be good for the club.

Yes I agree with that. I am sure he would be happy to market something for Derby....

So then.........

Naked Flagman and Popstar flag calender 2013/2014? Any takers?  :lol:

HAHA! My phone did explode! They are mad! From my point of view gets the flag more known than what it is so happy days....

Just for the record he tweeted me and I think it received around 3500 favourites and retweets. But when sent out to 10 million followers can only be good for the club.

Yes I agree with that. I am sure he would be happy to market something for Derby....

So then.........

Naked Flagman and Popstar flag calender 2013/2014? Any takers? :lol:

errrmm not for me thanks.

You've got to wonder what Nialls management team and one directions agents would have to say about Derby County making money from the name of it's client. You've got to wonder whether a global pop star may just have his image rights pretty securely tied down. I don't know about the marketing team missing a trick but I do think they'd have dropped the club in big doo doo if they'd tried.

I would presume the club would have to go through his agent etc first and he would earn a % of all merchandise sold using his name, like anyone would in his postition.

reading twitter last night after the 1D concert in Notts, Niall made plenty of references to Derby during the performance... He is a good lad

Didn't know this at all, good friend of mine was a friend of his in Mullingar and has never had a bad word to say about him before or after, I actually think he's a great example of how to take everything he's had to take on board at 19!

Will make me happy when I hear one direction from now on so can't complain (I actually think they can sing from listening to some of their accoustic stuff)! Be really awkward when it's me and 5 million teenage girls screaming to have a chat with him now though :p

We need more Irish rams fans!!

Bloomers raving about 1D being in Maccy D's in Uttox last night. Rock n roll!

I had to laugh at a comment on the telegraphs article on it - 'Not news. Not now. Not ever'

I'm inclined to agree, although my daughter probably wouldn't, nor my 5 year old niece, who loves 'Nigel from 1D' :lol:

Archived