Management of injuries...

TroyDyer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not related to us but John Kay ex Sunderland right back, sat up and "imaginary" rowed off the stretcher while he was being carried off with a broken leg. Hard as nails.

Mind you in the same season he got arrested for fighting naked  having lost his club tracksuit while playing poker drunk. The taxi driver didnt kick him out until he knew he could't pay.

Mental and hard everything a proper right back, back then should have been!

I see Jamie Ward has pulled out of the NI squad, after feeling his hamstring against Leicester.

Does anyone else feel that the management of injuries at Derby is quite frightening. Players seem to be patched up, and thrown out to play, before their injuries are fully healed. 

I think that is a massive risk, and very short sighted given that the players will end up being out even longer. 

Clough said because of Hughes age, he couldn't just send him out there to play through it. But surely they shouldn't be doing that with any of the lads?

Might explain why we have had an almost constant 'injury crisis' over the years. 

Just my thoughts of course. 

Oh look! Another anti-Clough thread! This is the last thing I expected from you Troy, what a turn up for the books.

He pulled out because it would be stupid to play an international right now considering he's only just back from a hamstring injury and is no fairly obviously not fit enough to be of all that much use to them right now.

Many, many players are sent out half-fit, sometimes through necessity, others through simply giving them match time at the beginning of a game rather than at the end of one as a sub. It also comes down to what kind of injury, what kind of stamina or limit the player has in regard to his injury, and whether it's just a minor one that may not even flare up.

We do not currently have a crisis, we've had an ok season for injuries this time round, we've only just begun to get them and even then a 'crisis' begins here sooner than other places as our squad is small in comparison with other sides.

I remember Florian Albert playing on for Hungary during the 1966 World Cup with a broken or dislocated arm.

No subs in those days.

Now there was a player.Who was the one who scored that volley?)

Edit,found it myself-Farkas.

Archived