Management of injuries...

TroyDyer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people have said 'bizarre'.

which in itself is bizarre...

It's bizarre how many times the word bizarre has been used.

Just thought i'd point it out cause it's bizarre.

I would say you're very Bizarre then.

its like Harpers in here!

Geower

I was stating I thought players were risked, and rushed back. I wasn't moaning, just stating an opinion.

You actually can't say anything on this forum unless it's "WE'RE GOING PLACES"...

Bizarre.

hey everyone stop getting at troy! This board is about opinions. don't bother posting if you can't have a proper debate. all troy is trying to do is uncover potential problems to help clough and the team with a rigorous analysis of our out of control injury problems. just because almost every reply ripped to shreads his pathetic and desperate 'point', there is no need to get aggro, its only an opinion.

troy, i think you should ignore the aggro replies and reply back to the other 100% of posts which showed your opinion to be absolute garbage. or preferably just go away. For good.

If it's any consolation, jimbobrams posts were even worse. when he quoted troy's garbage post i almost wept for him.

In the past there have been reports of players being patched up and sent out with pain killing or cortisone injections.

It was interesting to hear that hughes had been offered that option and declined.

I remember arthur cox wanting Kevin Wilson to play with a broken wrist until the player got the PFA involved.

I think it is part and parcel of being a professional footballer.

Leicester was a massive game. If we'd lost that then we were really in the poo.

Obviously nigel regards jamie ward as a very important player and wanted him out there, knowing he could only last an hour.

The gamble seemed to pay off.

As for the forum - it does get a bit overly sensitive at times to anything which can be interpreted as criticism of our nige.

All forums have their thought police who patrol the threads looking for heretics to be dragged out, tarred and feathered.

But it also has a few people who can make me laugh, dazzle me with science, tickle me wotsit, and remind me of the good old days.

Now......let me go back to dreaming about kevin hector......

I see Jamie Ward has pulled out of the NI squad, after feeling his hamstring against Leicester.

Does anyone else feel that the management of injuries at Derby is quite frightening. Players seem to be patched up, and thrown out to play, before their injuries are fully healed. 

I think that is a massive risk, and very short sighted given that the players will end up being out even longer. 

Clough said because of Hughes age, he couldn't just send him out there to play through it. But surely they shouldn't be doing that with any of the lads?

Might explain why we have had an almost constant 'injury crisis' over the years. 

Just my thoughts of course. 

Jamie Ward has pulled out of every NI squad bar 1 this season, so I am surprised they even bother calling him up.

In the past there have been reports of players being patched up and sent out with pain killing or cortisone injections.

It was interesting to hear that hughes had been offered that option and declined.

I remember arthur cox wanting Kevin Wilson to play with a broken wrist until the player got the PFA involved.

I think it is part and parcel of being a professional footballer.

Leicester was a massive game. If we'd lost that then we were really in the poo.

Obviously nigel regards jamie ward as a very important player and wanted him out there, knowing he could only last an hour.

The gamble seemed to pay off.

As for the forum - it does get a bit overly sensitive at times to anything which can be interpreted as criticism of our nige.

All forums have their thought police who patrol the threads looking for heretics to be dragged out, tarred and feathered.

But it also has a few people who can make me laugh, dazzle me with science, tickle me wotsit, and remind me of the good old days.

Now......let me go back to dreaming about kevin hector......

can you remember gary linaker winning the golden boot in the 86 world cup with a broken wrist. I agree with you about the posters on here but sometimes there are threads thrown in to stir things up and the poster knows what they are doing. i do not believe a player or manager would risk playing if not fit enough especially a hamstring problem.

can you remember gary linaker winning the golden boot in the 86 world cup with a broken wrist. I agree with you about the posters on here but sometimes there are threads thrown in to stir things up and the poster knows what they are doing. i do not believe a player or manager would risk playing if not fit enough especially a hamstring problem.

Good point regarding lineker.

I suppose the fact it was the world cup might have had a bearing.

Actually i was surprised at the time that kevin wilson stopped playing because he was in tremendous form for the first real time in his career.

ZAC     ZIGGAR ZAGGER ZIGGER ZAGGER OY OY OY

It never, EVER had 'OY OY OY' in it. 

Just :

<my weak feeble voice>: "Zigger Zagger Zigger Zagger"

<The popside in all its glory>:   "Kevin Hector"

Actually I did have a mighty gob

Actually i was surprised at the time that kevin wilson stopped playing because he was in tremendous form for the first real time in his career.

I remember Florian Albert playing on for Hungary during the 1966 World Cup with a broken or dislocated arm.

No subs in those days.

was that just before we sold him to ipswich? he got off to a flyer then we sold him.

was that just before we sold him to ipswich? he got off to a flyer then we sold him.

Yeah we sold him just after he recovered i think.

His unexpected and sudden emergence as a player was one of only three times when i recall that happening.

1. Dave Langan

2 kevin wilson

3 lee carsley

Archived