Management of injuries...

TroyDyer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players signed in the summer, together with the likes of Brayford, Buxton, Bryson already here. It's the character they've got that makes the injuries this season look better than in the past. We've signed players who played regularly and consistently.

You don't play 46 league games without occasionally having to "get through" a game carrying a knock or a niggle. Bryson has probably been 70/80% fit for the more than 10 of the games he's played in. Yet he's got through them and I bet he's never once asked to be left out. Keogh will be another he doesn't want to miss a minute. Coutts as well. He wants to play week in week out and doesn't seem the type to cry off with a broken toe nail or a chaiffed nipple.

That's the risk we run with running a small squad though, it's incredibly difficult for 11-14 lads to play week in week out and still maintain a level of performance. I really hope we push the boat out in the summer and bring in another 3 quality players. I hope as well that Nigel realises we've been a bit short of bodies at times this season and is smart enough to up the squad size slightly.

Not to replace what we've got just to make sure we've got enough depth for when the going gets tough.

We're blessed as well in that we dont suffer too much from suspensions, even the 2 sendings off  this season were both questionable.

Injuries are what's done us.

We've got a decent little squad, we just need another 3 or 4 of the same quality or better player .

I was stating I thought players were risked, and rushed back. I wasn't moaning, just stating an opinion.

You actually can't say anything on this forum unless it's "WE'RE GOING PLACES"...

Bizarre.

You can say anything you want and you have been for the last couple of weeks.

What do you expect, you post then no-one answers?

Bizarre.

I was stating I thought players were risked, and rushed back. I wasn't moaning, just stating an opinion.

You actually can't say anything on this forum unless it's "WE'RE GOING PLACES"...

Bizarre.

you asked for other posters opinions. not everyone agrees with you. bizarre

Bizarre.

We are going places though, The Land Of Nowhere.

No I expect replies, but sarcastic, agro ones seem pretty pointless. But fair enough.

Tbh mate it was clearly another snide remark about Clough from yourself, so im not to sure what you expected, especially as the point you made was laughable. 

I honestly don't think it is coaching that means our players get injured.

Other teams have injuries.

In my opinion the underlying problem behind these injuries is the impact they have; when our players get injured we don't have a big enough squad to bring someone of quality in. 

The problem is the squad size not the coaching staff in my opinion.

Archived