Chris Martin (Norwich Fan)

NorwichLad

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently he stops the ball dead with his first touch something derby fans aren't used to seeing up front.

Wait until the first time he doesn't.

The south-east corner booooooneheads will have his guts for garters.

Do we really want yet another unprolific forward at the club??? Surely Sammon is enough of this type forward, Martin has had one decent season in championship 1 & since then his record is dire. Unless he's coming in to replace Sammon which I doubt, lets try to get somebody in with an eye for goal, after all, the last time I looked it was the outscoring of the opposition that was the key to winning matches.

Do we really want yet another unprolific forward at the club??? Surely Sammon is enough of this type forward, Martin has had one decent season in championship 1 & since then his record is dire. Unless he's coming in to replace Sammon which I doubt, lets try to get somebody in with an eye for goal, after all, the last time I looked it was the outscoring of the opposition that was the key to winning matches.

Theo's got a (glass) eye for goal.

I'm surprised you're not ranting about letting him go to Huddersfield on loan.

He's made one sub appearance. Give the bloke a chance.

Your right I need to give the guy a chance just p***es me off when I see a team like Wednesday signing a proven striker at this level on loan (Lita & hes doing the business for em) whilst we sign the unproven.

You mean Leroy 'the offside trap' Lita?

He was offside about 5 times in the first half against us, much rather have Martin.

Not sure we should give him many more chances. We don't usually. If he hasn't done it within 45 minutes [preferably less], surely it's time to move him out and try someone else...............

Like florest do, with managers, you mean ??..

To the guy who said do we really need another striker like Sammon...

Nathan Tyson and Theo Robinson have gone out on loan.

So we have to get someone in on loan. Martin is an alright striker better than some of the other rubbish we have had in the past. Lets not judge him until he plays, from the start if games would be nice too.

Mason Bennett will be the saviour!

I think next season once hes finished school and hes training full time he'll progress much quicker.

If id said to you this time last year that Hughes will play almost every game this year you'd of ripped me to shreds and i wouldnt be suprised if we see Bennett do something similar

Mason Bennett will be the saviour!

I think next season once hes finished school and hes training full time he'll progress much quicker.

If id said to you this time last year that Hughes will play almost every game this year you'd of ripped me to shreds and i wouldnt be suprised if we see Bennett do something similar

It's bad (but good) that Bennett is looking an increasingly irresistible option. He's so young. But the recent striking options (Sunu, Moore, Priskin, Sammon, Theo, Tyson etc) he's going to get his chance far earlier than you'd want. We really struggle to buy or develop a fully fit very effective forward lately. Nigel might have to dust his boots off soon.

It's bad (but good) that Bennett is looking an increasingly irresistible option. He's so young. But the recent striking options (Sunu, Moore, Priskin, Sammon, Theo, Tyson etc) he's going to get his chance far earlier than you'd want. We really struggle to buy or develop a fully fit very effective forward lately. Nigel might have to dust his boots off soon.

Yeah striker is a position Clough has really struggled with. It just seems that the kind of striker we need is just out of our price range and we have to gamble on a player with a flaw whether its their control, injury record, finishing, effort. Martin seems to follow this trend. It looks like he might have the raw ability but hes not really done it yet at a good level.

The premiership and top championship teams seem to want to have 5/6 top quality strikers and thats just pushing their value up even higher. Blackburn and Leicester probably have 5 or 6 strikers who'd walk into our first team.

Probably wouldn't have come the but 500k for Frazier Campbell. Great signing for Cardiff.

http://nowhitenoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/breaking-bad-508.jpeg

He is on so much money there that he can even hire the guy from breaking bad to store it in his warehouse and count it... that'll be his weekly wage, in all seriousness though he'll be on 4/5 times more than any other player here.. rack of stacks!

Archived