Chris Martin (Norwich Fan)

NorwichLad

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd been saying for a while that our midfield needed a Ronnie Willems type footballing forward in front of them to link it all together.

Hopefully this is the man. I think we'd see the best of the big lad too if he had that type with him. Wardy goes wide.

I agree. Ward is a good player, but not a link man, and god knows we have been appalling at linking midfield to Sammon. Personally I would like to see Jacobs and Ward used wide, and any two of Coutts, Hughes, Bryson or Hendrick in the middle (depending on who is fit!). I really like the look of that - but leaves us a little short of attacking options from the bench. Guess Bennett will be the bench striker?

I agree. Ward is a good player, but not a link man, and god knows we have been appalling at linking midfield to Sammon. Personally I would like to see Jacobs and Ward used wide, and any two of Coutts, Hughes, Bryson or Hendrick in the middle (depending on who is fit!). I really like the look of that - but leaves us a little short of attacking options from the bench. Guess Bennett will be the bench striker?

I'd like to see this too, we've got Conor Doyle too so there is some cover

Hope he's better than the last player we signed from Norwich, and the last few "martins" we've had have been terrible.

On a serious note, a lot better than Theo, just not in Norwich's plans now they've gone onto bigger and better things and could be a great signing on a free transfer. I'm assuming hes on a reasonable wage due to Norwich being in League One not long ago. Would think Tyson and Theo would both have to leave the club before we could bring him in though.

Wouldn't be surprised if we started next season with Sammon, Ward, Martin, Bennett & Ball

Ermm is everyone here missing one clear factor as to whether he will play....

Ward has scored 10 in 15 he should play up front surely. Chris Martin will not beat that record, well realistically. So I don't think we will see this in the starting 11

Sammon Martin

Ward Hendrick Bryson Coutts

Even though that looks appealing you HAVE to play ward up front it would be silly not to.

Good thing about this loan signing is he'll want to impress to earn a deal and will hopefully provide a spark for us, if we could get 2/3 more players in this situation, the season could still be alive.

We'll hopefully finish top half and in a strong position for next year ideally, the season is alive whether a playoff challenge is or not.

As for the playoff challenge though, I did a statistical analysis of the Championship a while back, and made a system to vaguely predict the likelihood of us making the playoffs. It was calibrated to the middle of the season though, so I'm not sure if it'll still be accurate. For what it's worth, it gives us a 0.47% chance, or odds of 423-2. It's not happening...

Martin offers a service at the minute only Sammon can offer, I wouldn't dislodge Ward either - he is a goal scoring threat..

I'd still go with Sammon and Ward, bring Martin on for the last 30 minutes for Sammon.

Didnt you read the Norwich fans post, he said Martin has got good technical ability, the complete opposite of Sammon.

Archived