Sam Rush on Radio Derby on Monday 25 th feb.

maydrakin

What's so wrong with that?

He's hardly reaking of flair but he's a young player already involved with his national side who has scored some pretty spectacular goals for us.

More towards the other 89 minutes of sideways passing and spineless play. Not saying he's a bad player and that he didn't deserve his call up but I just wouldn't describe him as an exciting player.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what did you expect?

"We're rubbish and skint. I think Clough is a rubbish manager and I want to sack him and his backroom staff, but don't tell him that because we can't afford to. We can't afford to because the people that have recently employed me are tight Yankee bast*rds who don't give a cr*p about the club. Oh and don't bother renewing, we have no intention of signing anyone for any significant money and we're selling our one exciting player to clear off debt."

Well what did you expect?

"We're rubbish and skint. I think Clough is a rubbish manager and I want to sack him and his backroom staff, but don't tell him that because we can't afford to. We can't afford to because the people that have recently employed me are tight Yankee bast*rds who don't give a cr*p about the club. Oh and don't bother renewing, we have no intention of signing anyone for any significant money and we're selling our one exciting player to clear off debt."

Well at least he would be telling the truth.

Just got online at the end there to hear some major kiss ass from radio Derby.

Mr x has just called to say he wasn't sure where we were heading but now is completely convinced that the club is being run properly. Come On You Rams.

Seriously, why did they bother?

He wasn't the most articulate of callers but all he meant was that he sees the team improving, and even if we finished lower down the league than last year then because of the improved football he would see it as some progress - I think. At least he called up rather than sitting on here criticising. Credit to Walter Mitty, at least he called up and made some points too.

I agree to a certain extent.

I think some of our suffering now that's knocking us down the league is down the the depth in the squad. It's here you expect the best squads (not best 11) to begin to put a run or two together.

Hughes form/injury

Bryson injury/form

Buxton injury

Roberts suspension

Coutts form

Keogh form

A few players lacking form or whatever you can carry a bit if they're good. But in a weaker squad like ours we really only have about 12/13 players who perform to a set standard.

The football has been miles better. And if we keep up a bit then we won't finish much lower than last year (if not higher!) and the season will go down as improvement.

For us to finish 17th though, well, I'd expect that to happen only in partnership with some very poor performances for the remaining games. And with there being a good few games left I'd have to say we've ruined a promising campaign and there's more work to do in the summer than you'd expect.

ok. You've sussed me. Didn't bother listening. Never do bother with it. If he had said something interesting you'd all have let me know.

Same here. Plus if I listen and I hear the words 'FFP', 'Pompey' or 'Rangers' I lose my ****.

I'll try asking as well. What questions were you told not to ask? Were they questions you said you wanted to ask or just general advice they were giving to all callers?

Just some stuff that would put him on the spot. What will he be appraised on? What is his philosophy on sport in general? How serious is he taking the opinions of fans? What is the target for Nigel and the coaching staff? Is cost-cutting still the major priority or promotion?

Just general stuff you could script the answer to.

Just some stuff that would put him on the spot. What will he be appraised on? What is his philosophy on sport in general? How serious is he taking the opinions of fans? What is the target for Nigel and the coaching staff? Is cost-cutting still the major priority or promotion?

Just general stuff you could script the answer to.

So there were 5 questions the wouldn't let you ask?

it was always gonna be a PR spin show or he'd never speak to Radio Derby again.

Not as much spin as what Glick or Appleby would give.

I think they must realise now. I was desperate to say that action speaks louder than words and only by backing a manager, would the fans come back.

"the overhaul needed.....is not of players", yet you spent your time asking him about incoming players?

I think my point was that we always seem to be needing players in the same positions.

Well,we don't seem to have been able to find the goalscorer we need,but they do tend to cost a fair bit. Because of Roberts' age,LB was always going to be a priority,and Barker's injury was unfortunate, as it prevented us forming the effective central defensive partnership we need.For those who say we should have kept Shackell,then there'd have been no Keogh (and possibly another).

So to summarise was there nothing of great interest, seems there is more posts trying to point score or trip posters up then debate around the content of the call.

So to summarise was there nothing of great interest, seems there is more posts trying to point score or trip posters up then debate around the content of the call.

If someone says they weren't allowed to ask certain questions, what's up with asking which questions can't be asked?

Archived