Sam Rush on Radio Derby on Monday 25 th feb.

maydrakin

From the people I know ranging from all ages I think our attendeces next season will be down quite a bit. Most of them are not renewing there season tickets and will just pick there matches. Sadly most have said they are really bored and have lost the spark of going which is sad. I've told them you don't need to pay anyway just get your kids into the derby county in the community or the academy as there are loads of tickets, you just have to sit in the north stand

My son has been over for a few games, because of the age of his kids we couldn't really buy tickets in advance so he ended up paying full whack for Wolves and Bolton as well as missing kick off vs Bolton due to the hundreds queueing to pay on the night in the ticket office.

As a ST holder I had no idea how many paid on the day. This is not counting those who have paid online/phone who just pick up tickets at the seperate kiosk.

I'm sure there are freebies around like any club but their seems to be a shed load of people who decide to go at the last minute and pay whatever the ticket office price is.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look as I have said before, I don't really care if you doubt what I'm saying that is down to the individual.

I have told you what my connection said. Out of that he was right about the back room staff, Theo and the Hughes and Hendricks scenario he may be wrong that both are going or maybe he's right only time will tell. As I have said to a few members privately on her that I only say what I'm told.

I have said what my connection said and also what Mr Rush said. Both are true accounts and to be honest I'm chuffed to bits that the CEO of Derby rang me and took a real interest in what I had to say.

Now I need to go to bed as its my daughters first birthday tomorrow. So I will be missing the game but my fingers will be crossed and any questions will be answered when I'm back

Cheers guys

Thanks for posting the details of your conversation with Goatee Man.

Just out of interest – what prompted him to call you? Had you sent in a complaint or something?

The Shackell thing ties up with what Glick hinted to me last year, which was that a certain player's agent was stirring things up telling him he could earn more elsewhere, so the player promptly demanded a pay rise to stay at Derby. Glick said that Nigel did not appreciate this behaviour at all, and it's not the sort of attitude you'd want to see from a senior member of the team.

I think it's pretty clear how much Nigel has learned the importance of loyalty from his Dad

My son has been over for a few games, because of the age of his kids we couldn't really buy tickets in advance so he ended up paying full whack for Wolves and Bolton as well as missing kick off vs Bolton due to the hundreds queueing to pay on the night in the ticket office.

As a ST holder I had no idea how many paid on the day. This is not counting those who have paid online/phone who just pick up tickets at the seperate kiosk.

I'm sure there are freebies around like any club but their seems to be a shed load of people who decide to go at the last minute and pay whatever the ticket office price is.

Wish I had known as I had 2 spare tickets for the bolton game from Derby In the Community, every kid who attended got 2 adult tickets free.

Wish I had known as I had 2 spare tickets for the bolton game from Derby In the Community, every kid who attended got 2 adult tickets free.

Maybe you could have advertised that fact?

Maybe you could have advertised that fact?

To be honest I didnt think about coming on here, I offered them out to all my mates who dont go. They like to give them out for the night matches more which is funny as the kids cant really go on a school night

Archived