Sam Rush on Radio Derby on Monday 25 th feb.

maydrakin

Pompous, patronising, humourless, insulting…and deliberately misses the point.

I think that probably deserves some kind of prize…

http://sasns.scoilnet.ie/blog/files/2009/10/big-prize

Sounds a bit like Alan Sugar....he is also the CEO of a successful global brand 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

In terms of pompous and patronising...when and who to?

In terms of insulting...who?

In terms of hunourless I don't really care...he is here as CEO not a stand up comedian!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, like Tommy G, SR has little to offer if your main interest is what happens on the pitch rather than the building of some poxy shopping plaza.

I remember TG saying before the 11/12 season, probably about ST renewal time, that the owners would provide extra investment/additional money for the squad so Clough could push on the following season. Nothing came of that. Clough got his usual ‘break even’ transfer kitty and the joy of balancing an ever reducing wage bill. After that Tommy G stopped being a bit of a joke (Barker type fees) and became seriously irritating.

As for SR, if the owner’s strategy remains the same, he's just another example of “meet the new boss, same as the old boss”.

I dont think you can be judged wrong on your assessment, sometimes it up to the indvidual to break the stero type that has been doing the job in past years. Its easy to say he listens, but at the end of the day he is still an employee of GSE / Derby and will have the same KPI's to meet.

I see we dont even run the club shop anymore, another thing franchised off for a quick buck I guess....

I dont think you can be judged wrong on your assessment, sometimes it up to the indvidual to break the stero type that has been doing the job in past years. Its easy to say he listens, but at the end of the day he is still an employee of GSE / Derby and will have the same KPI's to meet.

I see we dont even run the club shop anymore, another thing franchised off for a quick buck I guess....

If them KPIs are +20,000 crowds and a top 6 finish then maybe, just maybe, he might ask for more investment to help him meet them.

If them KPIs are +20,000 crowds and a top 6 finish then maybe, just maybe, he might ask for more investment to help him meet them.

Maybe he will, but I'd be very surprised if he took this job without knowing all the facts prior to joining, that would be very unprofessional if the case.

As I said maybe he can change his image (to us sceptical people) over time, but its a bit like having a new political leader, quite often you have to change the image you portray yourself, even if that legacy has been left by others.

Maybe he will, but I'd be very surprised if he took this job without knowing all the facts prior to joining, that would be very unprofessional if the case.

As I said maybe he can change his image (to us sceptical people) over time, but its a bit like having a new political leader, quite often you have to change the image you portray yourself, even if that legacy has been left by others.

I'm sure he had very thorough discussions with the ownership before taking the job.

Which makes me think, why would he leave a job where he was doing very well and was at the top of his profession by all accounts, to take on a job where he would be destined to fail under the conditions in which his predecssor has to perform (for all of those who thought Glick was a failure)

I'm sure he had very thorough discussions with the ownership before taking the job.

Which makes me think, why would he leave a job where he was doing very well and was at the top of his profession by all accounts, to take on a job where he would be destined to fail under the conditions in which his predecssor has to perform (for all of those who thought Glick was a failure)

Depends who said glick was a failure, he may have been in some fans eyes, but not through the people who employ him.

If i took a job that was to keep the consumer at bay whilst cutting costs and product quality whilst spinning story's how it would get better, and that was the role I was brought in to do, then it wouldn't do any harm in future CV's. add to that a few extra 000's in salary and bonuses then it would take a genius to work out why people change jobs.

Wouldn't you move for some extra dollar and a good addition to your CV?

Depends who said glick was a failure, he may have been in some fans eyes, but not through the people who employ him.

If i took a job that was to keep the consumer at bay whilst cutting costs and product quality whilst spinning story's how it would get better, and that was the role I was brought in to do, then it wouldn't do any harm in future CV's. add to that a few extra 000's in salary and bonuses then it would take a genius to work out why people change jobs.

Wouldn't you move for some extra dollar and a good addition to your CV?

Being in the profession that he was in, and having seen Tom Glicks salary, I doubt that money was much of a factor in him joining us.

I am sure he will have fully researched the role and will be aware that he will only be seen as success to people that matter if we get promoted.

Being in the profession that he was in, and having seen Tom Glicks salary, I doubt that money was much of a factor in him joining us.

I am sure he will have fully researched the role and will be aware that he will only be seen as success to people that matter if we get promoted.

You know about the salary, or are you assuming, Im sure observer has the facts given he is willing to back £100 on it, however a senior VP in the USA for the senior reportly earns a lot less than 200k so Im not quite sure what your figures are based upon. Id be interested to know, as I dont know what his salary is or was ?

Why will he only be a success if we are promoted, do you really think that in the role he has undertaken as a CEO people will judge him on promotion if they want to rehire him, Glick didnt do to bad out of it by ending up at Man City did he, unless i missed where we got promoted during his reign ?

As I said people are juding him for certain reasons, but if you know that he has taken a salary cut, his kpi is to get promoted, then thats fair enough enlighten us, maybe you dont agree with them reason's, thats also no problem, but until I see something to change my mind ill stick with my veiw, thanks :-)

You know about the salary, or are you assuming, Im sure observer has the facts given he is willing to back £100 on it, however a senior VP in the USA for the senior reportly earns a lot less than 200k so Im not quite sure what your figures are based upon. Id be interested to know, as I dont know what his salary is or was ?

Why will he only be a success if we are promoted, do you really think that in the role he has undertaken as a CEO people will judge him on promotion if they want to rehire him, Glick didnt do to bad out of it by ending up at Man City did he, unless i missed where we got promoted during his reign ?

As I said people are juding him for certain reasons, but if you know that he has taken a salary cut, his kpi is to get promoted, then thats fair enough enlighten us, maybe you dont agree with them reason's, thats also no problem, but until I see something to change my mind ill stick with my veiw, thanks :-)

Well I know exactly what he was unpaid, unless he was working for free, his salary in the year ended June 2012 was £261k plus £11k pension contributions. Observer has the facts of what, I have obviously missed something.

Glick has gone to Man City in a completely different role to the one he had at Derby. I guess they had seen what he had done on the commercial side of things at Derby and hired him on the back of that.

Sorry, what view are you sticking with? Have not actually seen what your view is of him.

Well I know exactly what he was unpaid, unless he was working for free, his salary in the year ended June 2012 was £261k plus £11k pension contributions. Observer has the facts of what, I have obviously missed something.

Glick has gone to Man City in a completely different role to the one he had at Derby. I guess they had seen what he had done on the commercial side of things at Derby and hired him on the back of that.

Sorry, what view are you sticking with? Have not actually seen what your view is of him.

What has glicks salary got to do with anything? You said you didn't think rush's move was motivated by money, have you anything whatsoever to back this up, observer was willing to bet money, so I guess there is something in the public domain that backs this up?

Are you saying glick didn't get the role because he had even successful? I'm sure rush's last role was the same as what he is doing now, but he still got the job, I think you'll find lots of people move into areas based on other skills, maybe rush sees us as a stepping stone into something else.

I have no view on him, he won't IMO affect the performance on the field, he has been brought in to do a job and I'm sure he will do it to well, in the view of the owners, I just can understand why people would have a downer on him. He is obviously a very clever man to get where he is now, but I work with the investment banking industry so I see a lot of people who have different objectives to what is in the public domain.

Anyway off for a nice meal, ill leave you to debate if he is good or not :-)

In terms of humourless I don't really care...he is here as CEO not a stand up comedian!

Oh, he's got a sense of humour all right. I quite like the bloke, although I haven't spent that long in his company.

Archived