Sam Rush on Radio Derby on Monday 25 th feb.

maydrakin

Capital "N", please Boycie. Tut.

He used a bloody comma after 'problem' too. It would have been far more effective to have used an exclamation mark, and slightly more grammatically correct to have used the much-maligned semi-colon. Also, omitting 'that' between 'agree' and 'I' just rendered the entire message redundant.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds a bit like Alan Sugar....he is also the CEO of a successful global brand 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

In terms of pompous and patronising...when and who to?

In terms of insulting...who?

In terms of hunourless I don't really care...he is here as CEO not a stand up comedian!

I was referring to your prizewinning post - not Sam Rush 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Not strictly related but the talk of Glick vs Rush made me curious as to whether Glick has been as ubiquitous in the Manchester press as he was in his Derby days.

I can only find two Man City press releases with Glick quotes in them – one announcing a deal with Hugo Boss becoming the club’s exclusive fashion and clothing partner of the first team and the other announcing a deal with Jamie Oliver's company to provide the catering at the Etihad Stadium.

Truly a different world...

have derby got an official clothing partner, or do kappa cover our suits as well haha

Also somebody mentioned that the shop has been sold off, have I missed a press release or something never heard that before

i think they are confusing rebranding as Kappa DCFC megastore with selling it off.

i think they are confusing rebranding as Kappa DCFC megastore with selling it off.

No I'm not, I went into the shop last week about a matter and was told it was no longer run by derby, but by kappa.

The club had given me vouchers that were not accepted due to this, they ended up having to invoice derby, what the details are I'm unsure.

No I'm not, I went into the shop last week about a matter and was told it was no longer run by derby, but by kappa.

The club had given me vouchers that were not accepted due to this, they ended up having to invoice derby, what the details are I'm unsure.

Sam Rush also mentioned at the forum that the lack of availability of DCFC merchandise outside the club shop was a Kappa decision. That did, perhaps, point to Kappa having more involvment than merely that of a supplier.

fair enough, but ive also used vouchers that the club have given me jn the shop without issue.

Sam Rush also mentioned at the forum that the lack of availability of DCFC merchandise outside the club shop was a Kappa decision. That did, perhaps, point to Kappa having more involvment than merely that of a supplier.

DCFC merchandise hasn't really been widely available in the past except when we were on Amazon a few years back.

Would it be useful to know the nature of the answers that Maydrakin was seeking from SR?

My email in full was as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the club at the way it has conducted itself over the new season ticket prices.

Firstly, my seat has been recategorised from B to A meaning the cost of my seat has risen by £30 from £425 to £455.

This is apparently to bring the prices in line with the West Stand. I find this to be an unfair comparison, as the viewing experience is not the same.

I would like to suggest that Mr Rush attempts to watch a game from an area similar to my seat (East Stand upper) to see whether he gets the same experience when he has the sun to contend with.

Secondly, and more importantly, my father, who is an OAP has seen his ticket rise by over 34%! Partly due to rebranding and partly due to a stealth increase. I find no reference to the fact that Senior tickets have been subjected to an increase - your literature refers to the age adjustment, but not a general overall increase - and to penalise a group whose earning potential is at the lower end of the spectrum is baffling, especially in the current economic climate.

I currently attend matches with my father. However, if he chooses not to renew, as is his current mindset, my attendance next season will rely on either Derby County or him having a change of heart, as he is far from happy regarding investing far more than he had budgeted for in a product that has been mediocre for far too many years in recent memory.

I find it grossly unfair that Derby County feels able to treat it's customers in such an unfair manner - I imagine a 1 or 2% increase across the board would have delivered a far greater revenue stream than introducing a scheme where certain groups (especially pensioners and the disabled) have to subsidise the "price freeze" on adult tickets.

I have to point out that Derby County's reputation as a club that takes "caring in the community" seriously has taken a downward turn.

I look forward to receiving a satisfactory response justifying/rectifying these policies.

fair enough, but ive also used vouchers that the club have given me jn the shop without issue.

I was also told they could not issue vouchers for the shop, this came from both the shop and ticket office, they were adamant they were two separate entities now, I'm just going on what they told me, maybe I misunderstood all the people involved :-)

I was also told they could not issue vouchers for the shop, this came from both the shop and ticket office, they were adamant they were two separate entities now, I'm just going on what they told me, maybe I misunderstood all the people involved :-)

im losing track of what's what myself and people sseem to get treated differently depending who is serving them

im losing track of what's what myself and people sseem to get treated differently depending who is serving them

As I said I didn't ask then directly like you did, so maybe I got the wrong end of the stick then when they said kappa run it, apologies if I misled you.

Seeing you pull somebody up for not adding to a thread reminded me of your some of your previous threads, I found this a while back about GLD having Derby down as a retail oulet of theirs, dont know what it means, did they mention anything about it when you asked who run the shop ?

[url=http://www.gldgroup.com/retail/derby]http://www.gldgroup.com/retail/derby

Archived