Sam Rush on Radio Derby on Monday 25 th feb.

maydrakin

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are currently 11,000 short of capacity. 1/3 of the stadium seats are un-used. Next season it will be even higher, possibly 13,000.

The only way you make money like that is if you have enough demand and alot of free space. We may gain 2,000 fans a week but we'd lose a hell of alot in revenue.

We offered tickets for 11 quid other week and sold very few, 14 quid Friday and I doubt we will be over 25k. 230 quid st for next year as well, it's not off the pitch that is stopping people coming.

We all know...

The only way attendances will rise, atmosphere will improve and the 7 million pound losses will be reduced is by playing in the premier league. Simples getting there and balancing it, is what Sam

Rush has got to do. Very very difficult especially considering we already have one of the higher attendances in the league we can't expect the number to rise unless there is a consistent playoffs chance right throughout next season.

Not strictly true, the crap atmosphere has a lot to do with it, but then I guess that's indirectly linked to on the pitch because there's nothing to play for.

The atmosphere is always going to be linked to how the team performs, but it cannot be held responsible for the low attendances, surely?

Saying that, the atmosphere at some of the away games in that awful season in the Prem was pretty good, and the team was the worst I have ever seen in almost 50 years of watching DCFC.

Indeed – who can forget laughing through the tears as we sang "let's pretend we've scored a goal"...

The problem Rush has is that he is trying to overstate the quality of our team in order to appear positive (constant painful marketing-speak references to "box-office players")

The old maxim that if you say something in public enough times, then people eventually start to believe you. Don't forget he's saying that to appeal to the stay-at-home fans, not realising how much of a fool it makes him seem to the ST holders/regulars who know full well that we have a lot of promise but are quite some way from a team that will make the play-offs let alone win the league.

It's quite obvious from the ST renewal pricing debacle and subsequent embarassing u-turn that he is only interested in the 5k-10k of people who have stopped going. He took the 15k ST holders for granted. A lesson harshly learned

Indeed – who can forget laughing through the tears as we sang "let's pretend we've scored a goal"...

The problem Rush has is that he is trying to overstate the quality of our team in order to appear positive (constant painful marketing-speak references to "box-office players")

The old maxim that if you say something in public enough times, then people eventually start to believe you. Don't forget he's saying that to appeal to the stay-at-home fans, not realising how much of a fool it makes him seem to the ST holders/regulars who know full well that we have a lot of promise but are quite some way from a team that will make the play-offs let alone win the league.

It's quite obvious from the ST renewal pricing debacle and subsequent embarassing u-turn that he is only interested in the 5k-10k of people who have stopped going. He took the 15k ST holders for granted. A lesson harshly learned

This is the third season on the spin that i have not gone to a game. People on here have said that it makes no difference but once the numbers rise above a certain level then it starts to bite the venture capitalists where it hurts.

I have said for the last two seasons that supporters should pay game by game and starve the Americans of the summer funds used to pay off their loan. If you renew without question then you have no right to complain and surprise surprise you get taken for granted.

There is no guarantee that we will get better owners than this but i for one am prepared to take the chance because this tenure is going to kill our club with apathy.

I don't want to hear or see Mr Rush unless its to explain why the club have embarked on a serious spending spree to fund a promotion push.

This is the third season on the spin that i have not gone to a game. People on here have said that it makes no difference but once the numbers rise above a certain level then it starts to bite the venture capitalists where it hurts.

I have said for the last two seasons that supporters should pay game by game and starve the Americans of the summer funds used to pay off their loan. If you renew without question then you have no right to complain and surprise surprise you get taken for granted.

There is no guarantee that we will get better owners than this but i for one am prepared to take the chance because this tenure is going to kill our club with apathy.

I don't want to hear or see Mr Rush unless its to explain why the club have embarked on a serious spending spree to fund a promotion push.

Their loans are going up,not coming down.I'm afraid we've now reached the stage whereby any shortfalls due to action you advocate could be more than met by player sale/s.You can't hurt the ownership group without corresponding pain for the fans.

The most ridiculous post I have seen yet.

You want more spending on players but aren't prepared to contribute to it yourself.

Also why would we pay game by game when it would cost us probably twice as much?

I have just had a very interesting conversation with Mr Sam Rush who very kindly took time out of his schedule to ring me and talk to me about the issues I raised with him a few weeks ago.

I asked him to be upfront and frank with me about the situation and if he could tell me abou the plans for the summer.

He explained to me that there was a plan to strengthen in the summer in our key positions whilst he couldn't tell me the name of the obvious players he would tell me the positions we will be strengthtening.

He explained that there would be a left back, a central defensive cover, a centre midfielder and a striker who will be coming in to strengthen the 4 key areas.

I for one am happy with this as long as these areas are strengthened.

I asked him if Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick were going to be sold to maake this happen..

He told me that they will not sell the main players and will only sell to strengthen the side. I said would the pair of them go at the same time without replacement which has happened before.

He assured me that we will not be selling both players and we will only be selling them if it will benifit the club.

I feel alot more positive about these issues going forward.

I feel sorry to tell the Clough haters that Nigel will not be going anywhere and that Sam Rush is commited to the Coaching staff. There maybe a few back room changes but no Coaching staff changes as quoted by Sam Rush.

By the way he was also willing to tell me why Jason Shackell went. He said the reason for this sale was that he was not a role model or club captain and all these theories that where raised were untrue and it was Clough that said he was not good enough and didn't have the right attitude to be at Derby County.

Onwards and upwards DCFC keep the faith...

Archived