Sam Rush on Radio Derby on Monday 25 th feb.

maydrakin

Very solid gesture from our CEO there and another reason why I just don't buy that they''ve not got our absolute best interests at heart.

I think they've been pretty transparent as a group, since they realised they wasted millions on Jewell they've been open and communicative about the direction we (need to take) are taking. I actually think we mostly just choose to ignore what they're saying.

The CEO ringing up a fan personally makes me feel very good about the group as a whole. The fact that Andy Appleby replies to every single email to him is also not lost on me.

Last years summer window was a classic example of the board not being able to win. We were told early what was happening yet still had the uproar of them apparently selling our best player ever. (EVER)

Thanks for posting that, I hope the fact it's on the forum doesn't stop Sam from being as open as he was with you in the future and I'm looking forward to the summer to see who's coming in.

There's about 6 posters who could and will spin it negatively. Will it be who I expect?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Sam Rush me?

Only cause he also rang you and told you goatee's are coming back in fashion, you can now regrow yours.

It's much better than that Tom cruise look you had a last home game ;-)

I wonder if the investors/board have decided that they now need to give Clough a make or break season?

Either that or maybe they are continuing with the strategy of backing their man with one "marquis" type signing and a couple of players to strengthen overall each summer. I don't think there's been a murmur from the board that they are thinking in terms of one last chance for Clough.

It wouldn't make sense for them to give him cash for "one last chance" especially if they're not convinced he's good enough to spend it. Jewell wasted enough of their money for them to be tight for a lifetime.

Either that or maybe they are continuing with the strategy of backing their man with one "marquis" type signing and a couple of players to strengthen overall each summer. I don't think there's been a murmur from the board that they are thinking in terms of one last chance for Clough.

It wouldn't make sense for them to give him cash for "one last chance" especially if they're not convinced he's good enough to spend it. Jewell wasted enough of their money for them to be tight for a lifetime.

Regardless of what they think of Clough they must now be beginning to see that we're not a club who will continue to fill the ground no matter what.

They will now understand that large attendances are directly related to on-field success.

I have just had a very interesting conversation with Mr Sam Rush who very kindly took time out of his schedule to ring me and talk to me about the issues I raised with him a few weeks ago.

I asked him to be upfront and frank with me about the situation and if he could tell me abou the plans for the summer.

He explained to me that there was a plan to strengthen in the summer in our key positions whilst he couldn't tell me the name of the obvious players he would tell me the positions we will be strengthtening.

He explained that there would be a left back, a central defensive cover, a centre midfielder and a striker who will be coming in to strengthen the 4 key areas.

I for one am happy with this as long as these areas are strengthened.

I asked him if Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick were going to be sold to maake this happen..

He told me that they will not sell the main players and will only sell to strengthen the side. I said would the pair of them go at the same time without replacement which has happened before.

He assured me that we will not be selling both players and we will only be selling them if it will benifit the club.

I feel alot more positive about these issues going forward.

I feel sorry to tell the Clough haters that Nigel will not be going anywhere and that Sam Rush is commited to the Coaching staff. There maybe a few back room changes but no Coaching staff changes as quoted by Sam Rush.

By the way he was also willing to tell me why Jason Shackell went. He said the reason for this sale was that he was not a role model or club captain and all these theories that where raised were untrue and it was Clough that said he was not good enough and didn't have the right attitude to be at Derby County.

Onwards and upwards DCFC keep the faith...

WLR, I'm not doubting what you are saying, but a few days ago you had a realible source that said something completely different, are you now saying he isn't so reliable? I see you have good connections at the club, speaking to Clough, theo, and now rush, all seem to say something different, which one do you now feel is telling the truth?

Regardless of what they think of Clough they must now be beginning to see that we're not a club who will continue to fill the ground no matter what.

They will now understand that large attendances are directly related to on-field success.

I'm sure you're right there. They will notice the crowds are getting lower.

Perhaps they thought scoring an average of two goals a game at home while playing some decent stuff and doing it with a team of kids might just reignite the Derby public's passion enough to get them coming to home games. I understand away from home we're poor but they're not trying to sell away game season tickets. The product at home has been worth watching this season.

In an ideal world Clough would get a similar budget to last summer but without the major players leaving before he get to spend it. A decent signing or two might just boost the numbers, a strong finish to the season would help as wel..

There's a core of supporters that will go no matter what, that must be clear to them as well, as we see on here day in day out they'll try and eke out any slight positive no matter how badly we're doing.

The ones who go when we're doing well, the income from them doesn't really make that much difference to the turnover.

So if you think about it, why should they spend millions on players to attract the extra 3k (?) a week floating fans?

Might as well just carry on treading water knowing you're going to get c. 20,000 a week.

I'm sure you're right there. They will notice the crowds are getting lower.

Perhaps they thought scoring an average of two goals a game at home while playing some decent stuff and doing it with a team of kids might just reignite the Derby public's passion enough to get them coming to home games. I understand away from home we're poor but they're not trying to sell away game season tickets. The product at home has been worth watching this season.

In an ideal world Clough would get a similar budget to last summer but without the major players leaving before he get to spend it. A decent signing or two might just boost the numbers, a strong finish to the season would help as wel..

Agree entirely, unfortunately a slump in form coupled with price rises have come at the same time, throw into the mix that our season is all but over and they will do well to drum up much interest between now and August without making some signings

There's a core of supporters that will go no matter what, that must be clear to them as well, as we see on here day in day out they'll try and eke out any slight positive no matter how badly we're doing.

The ones who go when we're doing well, the income from them doesn't really make that much difference to the turnover.

So if you think about it, why should they spend millions on players to attract the extra 3k (?) a week floating fans?

Might as well just carry on treading water knowing you're going to get c. 20,000 a week.

I still think there are another 2 or 3k to leave before we are down to our hardcore of fans

From the people I know ranging from all ages I think our attendeces next season will be down quite a bit. Most of them are not renewing there season tickets and will just pick there matches. Sadly most have said they are really bored and have lost the spark of going which is sad. I've told them you don't need to pay anyway just get your kids into the derby county in the community or the academy as there are loads of tickets, you just have to sit in the north stand

I agree attendances are set to drop again... but Uncle Sam, will heal the souls of the doubters this summer by backing Nigel & next season we will be flying high....then ta da magically the missing flock will return to the church of the Ram...so sayeth the Lord....lalalalalala rejoice better times are coming.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

The problem is our gates are only dropping in line with other clubs and football in general. It doesn't yet look like a protest situation to the owners.

If ST's do drop dramatically next season it may have an impact on the clubs plans.

Of course, if the team puts together a promotion challenge next season the floaters will end up paying premium rates as they drift back.

Look as I have said before, I don't really care if you doubt what I'm saying that is down to the individual.

I have told you what my connection said. Out of that he was right about the back room staff, Theo and the Hughes and Hendricks scenario he may be wrong that both are going or maybe he's right only time will tell. As I have said to a few members privately on her that I only say what I'm told.

I have said what my connection said and also what Mr Rush said. Both are true accounts and to be honest I'm chuffed to bits that the CEO of Derby rang me and took a real interest in what I had to say.

Now I need to go to bed as its my daughters first birthday tomorrow. So I will be missing the game but my fingers will be crossed and any questions will be answered when I'm back

Cheers guys

Archived