Our Fans

TomCumming

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT AT ALL DUFFIELD RAM!! The older generation that are interested in atmosphere will always be welcome in my eyes! Good job you didnt mention over 30 or otherwise I would be in that bracket! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Kind of what badlands just mentioned as well.

The older generation are the ones who created the atmosphere at the BBG in the 70's and yes we were under 30 years old at the time. I'm 51 and still try and join in. You will never get the atmosphere like it was years ago. The only time it gets going is when Leeds are are in town. It was even piss poor against Forest recently

I have 3 fans who sit in front of me. We have a sweepstake every game about what time they will stand up and go for a beer before half time. The earliest this season so far has been 36 minutes. And they are always late back as well. I've won a few quid on them so far this season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not sure if that was aimed at me.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, more in general.

If only it was as simple as the rest of you're post says. It should be, but it isn't.

I don't think it makes a difference what songs we sing for the most part, especially when there's only 300 or so that can be bothered to go and watch!

The older generation are the ones who created the atmosphere at the BBG in the 70's and yes we were under 30 years old at the time. I'm 51 and still try and join in. You will never get the atmosphere like it was years ago. The only time it gets going is when Leeds are are in town. It was even piss poor against Forest recently

I have 3 fans who sit in front of me. We have a sweepstake every game about what time they will stand up and go for a beer before half time. The earliest this season so far has been 36 minutes. And they are always late back as well. I've won a few quid on them so far this season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ha ha, me and my mate have got a tradition, nay superstition, that bang on 40 minutes we go down for a beer and a ciggie, would be weird to disrupt this, but we're always back for 2nd half kick off!!

I'm going to try playing on my phone and checking the Premiership scores during matches. Might come 10 mins late and go 10 mins early. If I'm honest then ill only open my mouth to moan. Oh, I will sing "We pay your wages, play 442" though. Love a good whinge.

For the big games ill sing a bit. You know, "Chelsea's a sh1thole..." And "We'll sing on our own" (after being out sung for 20 mins)

I don't do away games. Can't be arsed. I could afford it but I've done my bit for DCFC. Those tight investors won't get my money.

Keep the goal music. I've got my celebration dance routine nailed.

And turn the volume up before kick off. I love JLS.

..... Yours truly

.......... The modern Derby fan

I bet there were 60 year olds in 1974 moaning about the modern songs, and how they missed the atmosphere when George Jobey was manager and Hughie Gallacher was banging them in.

The owd timers have to accept that if some kids want to sing Dale whatsitsface then we're better off with that than complete silence.

Anything that makes a noise from the stands is fine by me. Here's a thing, what if everybody on here reading this makes a mental note that next time "Come on Derby" or something else that won't scare the little old ladies kicks off, they promise to have at least two bashes at joining in. Doesn't take much to get critical mass and the whole stand joins in. Mob mentality. Anyone sitting thinking they won't/can't for whatever reason, ultimately hasn't got the right to expect their comment to count for much.

I try fairly half heartedly, but it never seems to get going round me.

I hereby promise to sing an extra few lines worth, even when I'm on my own...

I've been saying they need some kind of bar behind the East stand (now south stand), the concourse is far too cold and impersonal (and crap beer) to enjoy having a drink in there.

I'm surprised someone's moaning about the fans trying to enjoy themselves at away matches.

That's what it's all about isn't it? Well it's what I used to go for.

I couldn't imagine anyone going to watch the football the way it's been for the last few years away from home.

I was thinking about it the other day the PR team at Pride Park are ******* awful... Honestly would sack every single one of them, as they're clearly not 'football people'

Get in someone who knows what the fans want, pre match and media wise because at the minute it is run by ******* idiots!

Oh and as for the fans - what can you do, the hardest thing in the world is trying to come up with a good complex song and having enough people to not only start it off but for it to carry and others to enjoy... Generic songs are often used because of well that, they are generic.

I would hate to see us sing 'forever blowing bubbles' (which has been done, trust me) 'marching on together' or 'Delilah'

We're a club with not much of an identity in terms of fans, not recently... I sit in the south. East corner and some of the chants I don't even know... That is quite bad, but you have to all pull in the same direction, that doesn't happen anymore.

I was thinking about it the other day the PR team at Pride Park are ******* awful... Honestly would sack every single one of them, as they're clearly not 'football people'

Get in someone who knows what the fans want, pre match and media wise because at the minute it is run by ******* idiots!

Oh and as for the fans - what can you do, the hardest thing in the world is trying to come up with a good complex song and having enough people to not only start it off but for it to carry and others to enjoy... Generic songs are often used because of well that, they are generic.

I would hate to see us sing 'forever blowing bubbles' (which has been done, trust me) 'marching on together' or 'Delilah'

We're a club with not much of an identity in terms of fans, not recently... I sit in the south. East corner and some of the chants I don't even know... That is quite bad, but you have to all pull in the same direction, that doesn't happen anymore.

People singing 'forever blowing bubbles' when we play Millwall is up there with the most infuriating things ever to occur in a football ground watching Derby.

You just have to hang your head in shame.

Archived