Our Fans

TomCumming

Let me answer the Bryso banner.

Was simply banter between him and me and perhaps just a personal story behind it. Nothing more. Hope that's cleared it up, was tongue in cheek and a bit of fun.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I guess on a forum you have to expect that.

For me fans go to games to watch the football. We all know that. But both should be respected. Fans that wish to sit down and analysis every pass and tackle etc and fans that wish to vocally support the team. Both have been going on for years, we all pay so are entitled to do what we want...

In terms of last night at Hull yes we lost. Gutted. But I cannot control the team on the pitch and came away having had a good time. When I invest as much as I do in Derby County, like many others, I prefer to walk out the ground having enjoyed myself. I wont let the result put me in a mood for the night, that is just my take on life though before I get shot down for not caring what the result was!

Lets not start the old debate of what songs are sung.... Many that criticise this are the fans that don't get involved or are not prepared to do something about it... Well apart from write on a forum... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Nick

What was wrong with the Banner and have you got a picture as I don't even know what the banner was about?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not start the old debate of what songs are sung.... Many that criticise this are the fans that don't get involved or are not prepared to do something about it... Well apart from write on a forum... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Nick

Why can't we start a debate on some of our songs ? Most of them are completely embarrassing man, Dale Cavesa is terrible, 'we love you' not much better, and the use of a drum is cringeworthy.

And, tbh, i have personally tried to get new songs going, and I've also seen many others try to get new/ old classic songs going only to be drowned out by the drum or that lanky lad, the one who always seems to wear a fake stone island cardigan, walking up and down aisles making a fool of himself.

In my opinion this organisation/ultra stuff needs to be outlawed in our away followings.

Because don't we have enough threads on that?

Each to their own on a song, I personally love DV if sung correctly.

We love you song I hate. The Bryso version much better but even then our fans cannot get it right! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

What new songs have you tried pal?

Love the old classic songs tbh but why is there a big thing attached to them? Hardly anyone joins in with them but I dont know why? i.e. We are Derby, Super Derby should be sung by everyone should it not? Guess its like the anthem...

What is wrong with organisation? Sorting travel out etc

Nothing ultra about it. That is a total different kind of support I guess...

Why can't we start a debate on some of our songs ? Most of them are completely embarrassing man, Dale Cavesa is terrible, 'we love you' not much better, and the use of a drum is cringeworthy.

And, tbh, i have personally tried to get new songs going, and I've also seen many others try to get new/ old classic songs going only to be drowned out by the drum or that lanky lad, the one who always seems to wear a fake stone island cardigan, walking up and down aisles making a fool of himself.

In my opinion this organisation/ultra stuff needs to be outlawed in our away followings.

I understand in a way with what you are saying but personally I think that the Drum during the Bristol game got everyone in the crowd going.

Obviously you can't please everyone but at least we attend and try and get some sort of songs going.

See what your saying Franco but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions...

Problem is though as soon as someone does try and do something they can then become a target and blamed for everything because someone doesn't like the drum or a certain song. Its hard.

I will admit I have tried to help and improve things but the amount of criticism sometimes really just makes you think why the hell do I bother?

Leeds Ram, that is absolutely brilliant. Pixxing myself laughing thanks for brightening up a very boring afternoon.

Franco, thats a great idea. Lets all stop moaning (me included) Do any of the guys meet up and discuss new song ideas etc? If so lets publicise it and if not lets do it. All input from different ages would be brilliant.

See what your saying Franco but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions...

Problem is though as soon as someone does try and do something they can then become a target and blamed for everything because someone doesn't like the drum or a certain song. Its hard.

I will admit I have tried to help and improve things but the amount of criticism sometimes really just makes you think why the hell do I bother?

It may just be how football is changing nowadays. I don't really do many away games so I can't comment on what happens. But it annoys me when people complain about music at the grounds because they all have it. And the DNA stuff is an advertising campaign I don't think it's thier to create an atmosphere. And when people moan the grounds too quiet or the away following is too quiet well then you sing louder.

Can't please everybody all of the time Nick, it's just not possible.

Carry on though, first rate effort from you and the lads and lasses, no doubt about it.

Leeds Ram, that is absolutely brilliant. Pixxing myself laughing thanks for brightening up a very boring afternoon.

Franco, thats a great idea. Lets all stop moaning (me included) Do any of the guys meet up and discuss new song ideas etc? If so lets publicise it and if not lets do it. All input from different ages would be brilliant.

I do actually think that's a good idea.

To my knowledge no one meets up except on a match day but to be fair when that's at least once a week surely that's enough...

Thing is even when new songs are sung they are often not sung correctly which just makes them **** from day one.

I.E The Bryso song been going for a while now to the tune of we love you but yet rather than everyone sing his 'name is craig bryson.....' at the end some do the end tune of the original we love you song. Just bear in mind this song has been going a while now... Well actually since Ipswich away this season if I recall.

Ok let's do something.

For a start we need a 'home' pub, somewhere fans can congregate and have a sing song, preferably without the windows getting put through when Stoke et al come to town.

The comments regarding the drum and songs need to be taken on board. Personally i would like to see the drum go, however a compromise of sorts would probably be better. The 'darts atmosphere' reference pretty much sums up our away support at the moment.

It's not rocket science behind creating a decent atmosphere, get everyone in a pub every week, try and get some new songs going, most people will hate but every now and then one will come along which we can use, simple trial and error, nothing personal about it.

I know what you mean about the songs not being right from the start. Someone on here must have a solution to how we can all contibute even if we dont get to all games.

I know the guys at Everton used to drink together all the time, but would invite non regulars in once a month to contribute. Bit before Twitter and Facebook agreed but I went once and some of the suggestions were crap, some hilarious and a few brilliant. If we can get the humour back I think more people will join in. There is obviously a hardcore group of youngsters at PP that really try, but I think we need to give them some encouragement and the benefit of our wisdom. They will probably laugh at us and say bugger off your over 35 so your too old, but hey we were all young once lol.

Archived