Our Fans

TomCumming

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should put a home pub in the plaza but a million quid says they wont. It probably wouldn't suit the posh people who work on PP, and if they did build one it'd be shut on matchdays.

I know what you mean about the songs not being right from the start. Someone on here must have a solution to how we can all contibute even if we dont get to all games.

I know the guys at Everton used to drink together all the time, but would invite non regulars in once a month to contribute. Bit before Twitter and Facebook agreed but I went once and some of the suggestions were crap, some hilarious and a few brilliant. If we can get the humour back I think more people will join in. There is obviously a hardcore group of youngsters at PP that really try, but I think we need to give them some encouragement and the benefit of our wisdom. They will probably laugh at us and say bugger off your over 35 so your too old, but hey we were all young once lol.

NOT AT ALL DUFFIELD RAM!! The older generation that are interested in atmosphere will always be welcome in my eyes! Good job you didnt mention over 30 or otherwise I would be in that bracket! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Kind of what badlands just mentioned as well.

Should put a home pub in the plaza but a million quid says they wont. It probably wouldn't suit the posh people who work on PP, and if they did build one it'd be shut on matchdays.

Agreed.

I have been suggesting a big marquee behind the south stand for example where fans can go... Charge £1.50 a can of beer and hey happy days. Could get a good 500 / 1000 in there. Obviously will never happen but you see my point.

The pubs around PPS are not catered for the vocal supporters of Derby. Its more for the families and fans that wish to have a sit down meal etc

Cant really imagine filling Frankie and Bennys and singing your hearts out can we? Surely not! LOL!

I think a lot of the people who love the drum, and copied, generic songs like the Dale Cavese and We Love You are fairly young lads who dont understand what the pride and banter in the stands is all about.

I mean, didnt Palace sing 'We Love You' at our place then a week later we're singing it? What the f*ck is that all about, it's just embarassing. There's certain unwritten rules, and stuff like that is top of the list.

Nobodies prepared to start and persist with new, original songs that get discussed/written about on forums etc. I do appreciate it's difficult, but that's modern football these days. You need to almost create a PR campaign for one song, once about 20-30 people can sing it then it should catch on.

Nick pal, what about speaking to police about claiming one of the away pubs for next year, like the Florence Nightingale or something ?

Like the idea of the Florence. Thats the kind of pub we should be aiming for.

I can ask but they will say no I am sure. Problem being:-

A. We will be vocal and could be mistaken for wanting to cause trouble

B. We would have to get to the stadium and I imagine being in an area where away fans are not good idea for them

I do like this idea though and no harm in asking...

At this rate I will be getting planning permission and building a bloody pub myself, old school style!

Cheers Nick, 41 and still life in the old dog yet lol

Personally I would love to meet up with you guys sometimes and put my two penneth in. I think what youve done regarding the singing area and all the hard work re standing is superb I really do.

Badlands is actually my adopted son 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> I have trained the young Jedi well

Like the idea of the Florence. Thats the kind of pub we should be aiming for.

I can ask but they will say no I am sure. Problem being:-

A. We will be vocal and could be mistaken for wanting to cause trouble

B. We would have to get to the stadium and I imagine being in an area where away fans are not good idea for them

I do like this idea though and no harm in asking...

At this rate I will be getting planning permission and building a bloody pub myself, old school style!

Good man.

The Brunswick and Alex defiantly wouldn't want our presence, the waterfall is a nice pub though very family friendly, what about the Vic ?

Also my first post came across as pretty harsh, i have the utmost respect for your work behind the scenes mate.

Cheers Nick, 41 and still life in the old dog yet lol

Personally I would love to meet up with you guys sometimes and put my two penneth in. I think what youve done regarding the singing area and all the hard work re standing is superb I really do.

Badlands is actually my adopted son 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> I have trained the young Jedi well

Happy to meet for a beer pal of course.

Thank you. Safe Standing is probably the campaign I am heavily involved in. I have another trip to Germany towards the end of the season for some more promotion work so looking forward to that. Dortmund I believe.

I think this whole safe standing business will make a difference but lets not kid ourselves that like 3/4 years away. Progressing very well though and glad that Derby are supporting it and part of it!

HAHA! Both for a beer then!

Haha!

Nothing more than tongue in cheek! Then again it was planned for like 3 weeks prior to the match! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yes much more important things to think about.....

3 weeks planning and you'd spelt it wrong?! You're not fit to bring a flag, you're not fit to bring a flag......

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Good man.

The Brunswick and Alex defiantly wouldn't want our presence, the waterfall is a nice pub though very family friendly, what about the Vic ?

Also my first post came across as pretty harsh, i have the utmost respect for your work behind the scenes mate.

Yes VIC could be worth a shot....

Hey don't worry about that! We all have an opinion....

Thanks mate, appreciate that...

Nick any use speaking to the club about turning the Starbucks back into the sports bar for a drinking hole?

I doubt they will but good idea all the same.

All off to Roy Mac's bar are we? Heard its gonna be a £1 a pint!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> That be a good place!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I think this south stand move will get things going again. Hopefully you lot and the corner will try and out do each other, could even goad the north stand into a "we are derby" now and again?

I'm more of an classic song fan but each to their own, sometimes fans won't even join in with them!

A pub or tent would be great Sam....

I think this south stand move will get things going again. Hopefully you lot and the corner will try and out do each other, could even goad the north stand into a "we are derby" now and again?

I'm more of an classic song fan but each to their own, sometimes fans won't even join in with them!

A pub or tent would be great Sam....

Hope so and if good banter could be had between the 2 different areas and wind each other up cheeklily then the better for the noise volume.

I know Private, I am a mix of both to be fair...

Archived