Bale

mcsilks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just missed an open goal then scored a cracking free kick.

Looked like poor goalkeeping at first, probably was partly, but it was Ronaldo-esque. Horrible bounce right in front of the keeper. God knows how you time your dive to save those. Horrible!

Ronaldo's goal to freekick ratio actually isn't even that good.. It's average IMO..

He usually has at least 3 attempts on goal a game from freekicks perhaps more and more than likely they won't hit the target...

It's just when he does hit the target the pure pace and swerve of the ball gives him a higher chance of scoring than one that tries to place it in.. But he rarely hits the target..

I've got to admit Ronaldo and Bale have awesome ball striking ability.. Both can absolutely launch the ball.. I love the likes of Iniesta, Xavi and Messi but even I've got to admit that none of those 3 can generate the power that Bale and Ronaldo can.. Ronaldo has immense strength in his legs and I imagine Bale is similar.

The way that Ronaldo makes the ball bounce at pace right in front of the keeper amazes me. Even in open play, like v Man City when Hart was criticised. I just don't see how a keeper can deal with them effectively. The way he hits the ball is extraordinary. If he hits the target you know there's going to be either a spillage or a goal that a keeper "should" of saved.

I didn't realise he fluffed so many free kicks.

I have a join date of 09 Feb 2009 (1461 days ago) with a post count of 3676.. An average of 2.52 posts per day

You have a join date of 01 Oct 2010 (860 days ago) with a post count of 2974.. An average of 3.46 posts per day

Whilst I've been in the game longer, you have spent more time posting during the day so I wouldn't say that I have much more experience than you.. I think you're definately in the top 10 for football knowledge on these boards, but your still quite a way off my level..

Ribery is better than Bale. IMSO (the S stands for superior)

The real question to this point is how many times did you post here between your join date and sage's join date, as you were posting on the DET forum? If it was less than 702 then your will have a greater post per day count than sage, but at a guess that will just mean that you have shared more of your, self-proclaimed, superior footballing knowledge over a shorter time scale?

• 2 weeks later...

I won't compare him to Messi because they're different players, but I'll compare him to Ronaldo because they're basically the same. He's better than Ronaldo at the moment, he's probably the best player in the world at the moment. Everything he does looks dangerous, and those goals he's scoring are brilliant. They aren't flukes, he does it almost every time.

Laughable..

No he's not..

He's in fantastic form.. But so was Papiss Cisse last season.

He's not better than Ronaldo, not even in better form.. He's scored in about 6 games consecutively.. Against Lyon, WHU, Norwich, WBA etc.

Best player in the world at the moment? Messi by a feckin country mile.

Laughable..

No he's not..

He's in fantastic form.. But so was Papiss Cisse last season.

He's not better than Ronaldo, not even in better form.. He's scored in about 6 games consecutively.. Against Lyon, WHU, Norwich, WBA etc.

Best player in the world at the moment? Messi by a feckin country mile.

At this very second. Messi was poor t'other day.

Papiss Cisse is a great goal scorer, but can't play football. Since the rest of the team in the earlier part of the season were off form, he wasn't involved. Bit like a rich mans Theo.

Bale has changed position, he occupies any part of the pich behind the striker. Thankfully for Spurs, he's a natural.

At this very second. Messi was poor t'other day.

Papiss Cisse is a great goal scorer, but can't play football. Since the rest of the team in the earlier part of the season were off form, he wasn't involved. Bit like a rich mans Theo.

Bale has changed position, he occupies any part of the pich behind the striker. Thankfully for Spurs, he's a natural.

At this very second he's probably the only one playing football..

How can people compare and make judgements after 6 games? Really, is that what the PL has come to.. A good run of form and you're suddenly the best in the world?

People last year said the same about David Silva,, They said he's just abit below Messi etc..

Bale is a good player with excellent striking ability.. He's always had good striking ability and a mean freekick..

But WOW.. People are deluded.. Ozil is so much better, so is Ribery, so is Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi..

How can people compare and make judgements after 6 games? Really, is that what the PL has come to.. A good run of form and you're suddenly the best in the world?

People last year said the same about David Silva,, They said he's just abit below Messi etc..

Bale is a good player with excellent striking ability.. He's always had good striking ability and a mean freekick..

But WOW.. People are deluded.. Ozil is so much better, so is Ribery, so is Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi..

It's not just 6 games though is it. Since he's moved position he's been prolific, before that he was offering an attacking threat and damaging world class defences.

It's not a delusion dude, not everything British has to be balked at.

Why are they deluded? Surely they just disagree with you?

Archived