Bale

mcsilks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha, You have much more internet experience than me, that's for sure. Enjoying your fishing.

I have a join date of 09 Feb 2009 (1461 days ago) with a post count of 3676.. An average of 2.52 posts per day

You have a join date of 01 Oct 2010 (860 days ago) with a post count of 2974.. An average of 3.46 posts per day

Whilst I've been in the game longer, you have spent more time posting during the day so I wouldn't say that I have much more experience than you.. I think you're definately in the top 10 for football knowledge on these boards, but your still quite a way off my level..

Ribery is better than Bale. IMSO (the S stands for superior)

Ribery is better than Bale, I didn't even think that was worth the discussion.

Bale and Di Maria would be more comparative.

Was Ribery as good as Bale at 23?

I'd suggest there wasn't too much difference.

Bale has improved remarkably. He's now arguably the best player that plays in one of the best leagues in the World. Certainly in the top two or three.

He has age on his side.

I have a join date of 09 Feb 2009 (1461 days ago) with a post count of 3676.. An average of 2.52 posts per day

You have a join date of 01 Oct 2010 (860 days ago) with a post count of 2974.. An average of 3.46 posts per day

Whilst I've been in the game longer, you have spent more time posting during the day so I wouldn't say that I have much more experience than you.. I think you're definately in the top 10 for football knowledge on these boards, but your still quite a way off my level..

Ribery is better than Bale. IMSO (the S stands for superior)

Flattery will get you nowhere and neither will your spelling. Maybe one day I will tell you what I do and used to do for a living. I only post on this forum, which was my point. I know you like to fish, I mean post on various forums.

Flattery will get you nowhere and neither will your spelling. Maybe one day I will tell you what I do and used to do for a living. I only post on this forum, which was my point. I know you like to fish, I mean post on various forums.

A mystery celebrity on this board?

I'm gunna go for Ian Dowie.

I'm actually an English teacher so my spelling should be better..

What other forums do I post on? I had an accounton Valladoli's forum, a betting forum and I once made about 3 posts on Sunderland's forum about 4 years ago.. That's about it...

As you can see from my post count, I don't really have time to post on forums.. My social life is so booming that it's difficult to fit everything in..

Go on Sage, what do you do? Please share I'm intrigued.. You can even do it in a PM if you like, I'm no gossip queen..

What other forums do I post on? I had an accounton Valladoli's forum, a betting forum and I once made about 3 posts on Sunderland's forum about 4 years ago.. That's about it...

As you can see from my post count, I don't really have time to post on forums.. My social life is so booming that it's difficult to fit everything in..

Go on Sage, what do you do? Please share I'm intrigued.. You can even do it in a PM if you like, I'm no gossip queen..

I'm an exotic dancer.

I think Bale is developing into a superb player. The move to Tottenham has been fantastic for his development. Playing with top internationals for a team with a philosophy of fast, fluid, attacking football really complements him. He's always been technically very good but I think he is starting to beef up and add power and pace to his weaponry.

As an out-and-out winger, I think it's a close call between him and Hazard as the best in the Premier League. I think it's difficult to draw comparisons with other players in his position on a wider scale because he hasn't had the same level of exposure to top-level football as the likes of Ribery, Robben and Di Maria. Even players like Gotze, Reus, Gaitan and Rodriguez get more big game exposure playing for the top clubs in Germany and Portugal respectively.

If Tottenham were qualifying for the Champions League or reaching major finals most years or Wales could make a serious tilt at qualification for a major tournament, I think people would be talking more and more about Bale as one of the top players in the world.

For now, he is fine at Spurs but he will reach a point, just like Modric did, where they will have to match his ambitions. He'll crave more frequent opportunities to show what he can do on a bigger stage. I don't think now is the time but I could definitely see him leaving or outgrowing Spurs in 12-18 months, with his development as burgeoning as it is.

Is that the Sunderland forum that had to close 3 years and 11 months ago because all the members left?

Archived