Bale

mcsilks

Is their a better left sided midfielder in the World?

Every time I watch Spurs (which is often as I find them to be the most watchable side) he is by far and away Spurs best player and more often than not the best player on the pitch.

He's wasted on the Welsh. Damn shame.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cristiano Ronaldo?

In a flat 4-4-2 perhaps Bale.. But that's only because the best teams don't play that formation..

He wouldn't get in Barca, Real Madrid or Bayern's first 11 in their more traditional 4-2-3-1 as the left sides midfielder because Ribery, Iniesta, Ronaldo etc. are all better..

Man City should do everything to get him.. He suits the English game

Cristiano Ronaldo?

In a flat 4-4-2 perhaps Bale.. But that's only because the best teams don't play that formation..

He wouldn't get in Barca, Real Madrid or Bayern's first 11 in their more traditional 4-2-3-1 as the left sides midfielder because Ribery, Iniesta, Ronaldo etc. are all better..

Man City should do everything to get him.. He suits the English game

I think he's that good they'd find a position for him.

He played the majority of the second half against Newcastle in the middle of midfield and ran the show.

He wouldn't get in the Barca side tbf. Iniesta plays LW quite often. Villa also there. Plus Bale is suited to one v one with space in behind. Barca's slow tempo would kill his game.

Real have Ronaldo and Di Maria

Bayern have Ribery.

Derby have Ward

But he'd get in most other European sides.

He's ugly as fook and has a terrible celebration that reminds me of my daughter playing with her fingers.

Stupidly fast

Bale does the same celebration as Sammon. A lot of players do that. Dunno why.

Yeah.

"Look what I can do with my hands"

Oooooooh a love heart. Amazing...

Like Grant Holt with his 'Suarez' and do you remember Kalou's?

Nobheads

Nothing will ever rival Malcolm Christie's run over to the corner flag, put his finger up to his chin in a 'duh' way, a slight nod signalling the classic 'Eureka' moment as the neurones fire to establish the connection in his grey matter before sticking the number of fingers up to correspond to the number of goals he had scored in that game.

Unique, but classic nobheadery.

He's really not..

Ask any Bayern fan who their best player is and they'll say Ribery..

He's just not the explosive type like Bale.. Bale is perfect for the PL, the guy needs a high line and space to play in..

Not exactly a neutral view, obviously you feel the need to criticise Derby, England or the Prem at every opportunity, but this isn't even a close comparison.

Not exactly a neutral view, obviously you feel the need to criticise Derby, England or the Prem at every opportunity, but this isn't even a close comparison.

Bayern are currently the second best team in Europe only behind Barca... Ribery is their most influential and best player.. A few iffy games here or there on the international strage is nothing in comparison to his excellent league and CL form..

Yet you think Bale is better? Because he's scored a few goals for Tottenham?

I think Bale is turning into a great player but he's not one of the best in the world.. He wouldn't get into the best 3 clubs' side in the world if they were to pick their best 11.. He'd probably make a good squad player for those as with the amount of games they play it's impossible to play the best team over and over and he'd definately get game time... The best sides have a worldclass 11 and great players on the bench too which they obviously rotate alot.. Bale would fit nicely on Reals bench and play backup to Ozil, Ronaldo or Di Maria and rotate with Callejon and Kaka too.. Likewise at Barca behind Iniesta, Fabregas, Villa, Pedro etc.. And likewise at Bayern behind Kroos, Ribery, Muller and Robben etc..

Duh. There are thousands of players better than Bale playing in the infants school XIs in Spain.

Bayern are currently the second best team in Europe only behind Barca... Ribery is their most influential and best player.. A few iffy games here or there on the international strage is nothing in comparison to his excellent league and CL form..

Yet you think Bale is better? Because he's scored a few goals for Tottenham?

I think Bale is turning into a great player but he's not one of the best in the world.. He wouldn't get into the best 3 clubs' side in the world if they were to pick their best 11.. He'd probably make a good squad player for those as with the amount of games they play it's impossible to play the best team over and over and he'd definately get game time... The best sides have a worldclass 11 and great players on the bench too which they obviously rotate alot.. Bale would fit nicely on Reals bench and play backup to Ozil, Ronaldo or Di Maria and rotate with Callejon and Kaka too.. Likewise at Barca behind Iniesta, Fabregas, Villa, Pedro etc.. And likewise at Bayern behind Kroos, Ribery, Muller and Robben etc..

All opinion and a WUM's opinion at that. I take this post as I take tomato soup. With a pinch of salt.

Archived