Bale

mcsilks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on recieving that news Frank Ribery blows a Bananas of relief as Bayern pull out of their $150mill deal for their number one summer target and world's current best player

They weren't after Sammon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hazard should have won something. He's better than Mata (who is class obv) and he's actually made Chelsea attack at pace along the floor. They haven't done that since Robben.

One of the signings of the summer. Him and Oscar look great buys for that horrible club. Combined with Mata they are actually very frightening in the final third. Any manager that goes there next hasn't got a lot to do really.

Except move Luiz to DM ffs!!! Never a CB!

Hazard for me.

I must be the only one that thinks he's overrated, yes he's good, but certainly not world class, I'd rather have the like of Van Persie, Aguero and Tevez in my team over Bale.

He has a worldclass left foot, but his right foot is pretty poor, if you manage to get him off his favoured left, which a team managed to do successfully a couple of weeks ago when they played Tottenham I think it may have been Leeds or Man Utd, but he was ineffective for the whole game as he could only play it inside.

A worldclass player needs to have two good feet, Bale doesn't.

Just my opinion mind.

So Maradona was not World class? he was as one footed as they come

Please don't compare Bale to Mardona

I didn't, I was challenging your statement that a world class player had to be two footed, maradona was not two footed, in fact he went to some crazy extremes to use his left foot but he was unquestionably world class

I think that because Bale has been booked for simulation this season this should have had some bearing in the outcome of the decision

He was voted for by the players.

That award says a lot in my book - it carries far more weight than the 'Footballer of the Year' award which is voted upon by the London-biased journalists (which Bale will also win)

But Player of they year voted by the players is also quite biased.. As I'm sure players just vote for who they prefer rather than how good a season the player had..

that's why Iniesta won player of the year last year in Spain (or they year before?) instead of Ronaldo when clearly Ronaldo had the better season.. The guy just isn't as 'liked' as others..

Bale hasn't had a better season than Suarez IMO.. But there is now way in hell that other players are going to vote for Suarez whilst Bale seems like a likeable person.

But Player of they year voted by the players is also quite biased.. As I'm sure players just vote for who they prefer rather than how good a season the player had..

that's why Iniesta won player of the year last year in Spain (or they year before?) instead of Ronaldo when clearly Ronaldo had the better season.. The guy just isn't as 'liked' as others..

Bale hasn't had a better season than Suarez IMO.. But there is now way in hell that other players are going to vote for Suarez whilst Bale seems like a likeable person.

Suarez lost his right to win awards when he broke the law. What kind of message would it send out to kids when a player gets suspension after suspension and then wins an award only days after his biting attack.

Bale is a role model. A model professional (now that he has eradicated the feigning injury from his game). He is deserving of the award as would RVP have been had he won it.

Apart from when he dives

There have also been occasions when he has clearly NOT dived - and yet he's been booked for diving. It cuts both ways.

He's a better player than Ronaldo.

I'm starting to wonder if ill ever see Ronaldo look worthy of his praise again. Every time I see him over the last year he's not been Real's best player.

Want to see him at his best

I'm starting to wonder if ill ever see Ronaldo look worthy of his praise again. Every time I see him over the last year he's not been Real's best player.

Want to see him at his best

He's got that label of always disappearing in the big games hasn't he. It's true, don't think I've ever seen him perform on the big stage.

He's got that label of always disappearing in the big games hasn't he. It's true, don't think I've ever seen him perform on the big stage.

He was MOTM in the Champions League final in 2008 and scored the opening goal..

He scored the winner in the Copa Del Rey final in 2011

He scored the winner at the Nou Camp to practically seal the title for Real Madrid

He scored both goals in the CL semi final at home to Bayern Munich.. He's top goalscorer in this years CL

He destroyed Holland at the Euros in 2012 and was forever a threat against Spain in the semi-final.

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest he doesn't do it on the big stage... He has proven that he has many times.. People just have unrealistic expectations of him and Messi.. People say Messi is overrated because he failed to score against one team or gave the ball away a few times.. Ronaldo failed to score against so and so therefore he doesn't do it on the bigstage..

And Bale being better than him? What because he scored a few long range belters in consecutive games.. Comon man get a grip!

He was MOTM in the Champions League final in 2008 and scored the opening goal..

He scored the winner in the Copa Del Rey final in 2011

He scored the winner at the Nou Camp to practically seal the title for Real Madrid

He scored both goals in the CL semi final at home to Bayern Munich.. He's top goalscorer in this years CL

He destroyed Holland at the Euros in 2012 and was forever a threat against Spain in the semi-final.

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest he doesn't do it on the big stage... He has proven that he has many times.. People just have unrealistic expectations of him and Messi.. People say Messi is overrated because he failed to score against one team or gave the ball away a few times.. Ronaldo failed to score against so and so therefore he doesn't do it on the bigstage..

And Bale being better than him? What because he scored a few long range belters in consecutive games.. Comon man get a grip!

Ronaldo was ***** last night.

I've seen Ronaldo have many good games. You raise an interesting point.

If somebody scores a goal, does that mean he's had a good game? I guess it doesn't, which is why Bale isn't one of the top 10 players in the world.

Neither is Ronaldo.

I get it now.

Archived