Bale

mcsilks

I'm willing to make a prediction: that no-one in my lifetime will ever achieve what Messi did this season (i.e. score against every other single team in the league in successive games). 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good article - reminiscent of Old One-Eye before he went senile and dribbled on his keyboard, sustaining a near-fatal electric shock and having to give up writing good stuff for a while.

Ronaldo was ***** last night.

I've seen Ronaldo have many good games. You raise an interesting point.

If somebody scores a goal, does that mean he's had a good game? I guess it doesn't, which is why Bale isn't one of the top 10 players in the world.

Neither is Ronaldo.

I get it now.

Ronnie wasn't sh!te last night.. He just wasn't in the game.. Ozil was terrible last night, he kept giving the ball away. Messi likewise against Bayern, he kept giving the ball away but he was clearly injured and being man marked by 2 players..

It's not the fact that someone scores a goal means they have a good game.. Theo and Sammon have proved this.. But in the games above Ronaldo was dangerous all night..

But people need to realise that Ronaldo isn't a dictator.. He's not a Xavi or Xabi Alonso or a Schweinsteiger or a Carrick etc.. The guy is just a pure explosive player.. His job is to recieve the ball and create/score.. 6 times out of 10 he'll probably give the ball away or do a simple pass but he's got the ability only with around 5 other players in the world to score a goal out of nothing against anyone.. Of the other 4/10 he'll score or create a goal.. That's not bad at all to think that if you give the ball to Ronaldo 10 times in the final 3rd a goal will come from it..

Ronaldo will never look like he's having a good game unless he's recieving the ball and terrorising the defence.. Obviously he's not a robot, he's not going to do it everytime he has the ball and the same goes with Messi.. It's why people have unrealistic expectations of them.. But his percentages of creting/scoring is better than anyone else bar Messi and that's why he's worth the pricetag and is miles ahead of the rest..

Bale is a similar player to Ronaldo.. But the key difference is Bale is more like a 1/20 guy whereas Ronaldo is an 4/10 guy when recieving the ball in the final 3rd..

I'm willing to make a prediction: that no-one in my lifetime will ever achieve what Messi did this season (i.e. score against every other single team in the league in successive games). 

Steady.......

Sat 03/11/12 PRD Barcelona 3 - 1 Celta de Vigo Didn't score

Sat 29/09/12 PRD Sevilla 2 - 3. Barcelona Didn't score

Sat 22/09/12 PRD Barcelona 2 - 0 Granada Didn't score

Sun 02/09/12 PRD Barcelona 1 - 0 Valencia Didnt score

The bloke's useless.

Archived