Bale

mcsilks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what I mean is... always seems to be right place, right time.

That season Bayern got to the final of the champions league, he had 1 shot every 10 minutes... in all competitions, that doesn't happen by luck.

Yeah, I agree with that. Just think he spurns so many chances to be classed as a genius. Great positional awareness, aye.

There are thousands of players in the Spanish Kindergarten League better than Bale.

However, he is the best player plying his trade in England at the moment.

A player can have half a dozen decent games in this country, and that's all it takes for the media and the fans to get a massive erection over a player.

Bale had one good season of running very quickly in straight lines and then kicking the ball either very well at the goal or very well across the box to a striker. That's a skill that I'm not belittling, because that's difficult to do in the Prem - but it's fairly simple stuff. In recent games, individual brilliance from him has won him matches. No denying that, and he's becoming a top player.

But it's getting over-the-top. All the papers will no doubt be linking him Barca but I would put good money on them not even being interested. And if Pep wants to put the Barca way into practise at Bayern, he won't be going there either. I could see him fitting in a Mourinho side, but I doubt Ronaldo would want him there.

But those calling him the best in his position are probably basing that purely on watching MOTD. I can't fully comment because I don't watch Reus or Ribery often enough, but either on their day are much more intelligent players who I'd sooner put in my side, and I'd assume they'd be decent in your run-of-the-mill Bundesliga fixtures.

A player can have half a dozen decent games in this country, and that's all it takes for the media and the fans to get a massive erection over a player.

Bale had one good season of running very quickly in straight lines and then kicking the ball either very well at the goal or very well across the box to a striker. That's a skill that I'm not belittling, because that's difficult to do in the Prem - but it's fairly simple stuff. In recent games, individual brilliance from him has won him matches. No denying that, and he's becoming a top player.

But it's getting over-the-top. All the papers will no doubt be linking him Barca but I would put good money on them not even being interested. And if Pep wants to put the Barca way into practise at Bayern, he won't be going there either. I could see him fitting in a Mourinho side, but I doubt Ronaldo would want him there.

But those calling him the best in his position are probably basing that purely on watching MOTD. I can't fully comment because I don't watch Reus or Ribery often enough, but either on their day are much more intelligent players who I'd sooner put in my side, and I'd assume they'd be decent in your run-of-the-mill Bundesliga fixtures.

Bale doesn't just run in straight lines. That's coming from somebody who isn't 'basing that purely on watching MOTD'. He's the dominant force for Spurs, regardless of the opposition. AVB is utilising his skills perfectly atm.

I must be the only one that thinks he's overrated, yes he's good, but certainly not world class, I'd rather have the like of Van Persie, Aguero and Tevez in my team over Bale.

He has a worldclass left foot, but his right foot is pretty poor, if you manage to get him off his favoured left, which a team managed to do successfully a couple of weeks ago when they played Tottenham I think it may have been Leeds or Man Utd, but he was ineffective for the whole game as he could only play it inside.

A worldclass player needs to have two good feet, Bale doesn't.

Just my opinion mind.

A worldclass player needs to have two good feet, Bale doesn't.

Just my opinion mind.

Does dribbling with the ball past two, three players not require two good feet?

He's stronger with his left but can play with his right foot.

Let's put this into perspective. He's the shining light in a side that is in the Premiership top four. He is the reason they are in the top four.

If he were 'Jonny Foreigner' then everyone would be waxing lyrical over him. They were calling Silva simply unstoppable last season and Bale is doing more for Spurs than Silva did for City.

Tevez has been poor this season. Aguero slightly better.

Bale has 19 goals this season. That's 6 better than Aguero and Bale hasn't been playing in the strikers role.

His assist record is also stunning. Take a look at the ESPN assist tables.

Let's put this into perspective. He's the shining light in a side that is in the Premiership top four. He is the reason they are in the top four.

If he were 'Jonny Foreigner' then everyone would be waxing lyrical over him. They were calling Silva simply unstoppable last season and Bale is doing more for Spurs than Silva did for City.

Bale has 19 goals this season. That's 6 better than Aguero and Bale hasn't been playing in the strikers role.

He doesn't score many goals with his right foot at all, he missed a virtually open goal with his right foot against Newcastle from 6 yards out, surely a 'worldclass' player would of scored that. He always wants it on his left, he is near enough useless with his right, and intelligent defenders would be able to prevent him having such influences on games.

He's not in the same league as Ronaldo, Messi or Ibrahimovich.

And by the way, he only has 1 assist this season...

Having just read this thread, pretty well the only people mentioning 'World Class' are those bleating "...he isn't world class".

So what? Neither is Lampard - the point is, both players are worth their weight in gold because they are basically 20 goals a season midfield players. Comparing Bale to someone like Ibrahimovich is just plain bonkers - you might as well compare him to a centre half or a goalkeeper.

Many people at Derby didn't rate Bruce Rioch.

.........Until the free kick v newcastle. :-)

"We'll sing a song of victory,

We'll sing a song for you and me.

The Villa fans will never mock

when they remember Bruce Rioch"

I used to have a "Bruce Rioch walks on water" car sticker. Alongside my 'King Charlie' one.

I think he's a cracking player.

Ribery

Robben

Shweinsteiger

Ibra (what has he got to do to prove he's great? Play against Stoke?)

Falcao

Pirlo

Hamsik

De Rossi

Eto'o

Yaya

Silva

Aguero

Suarez

Cambiasso

Di Natale

Cavani

Hulk

Neymar

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

Van Persie...... And more

Without naming a single player from Real or Barca. How does Bale compare to these? Some of these have spent considerable time tearing teams apart too. Many have won major trophies. A good few have won numerous major trophies. Then there are good players like Hazard who people are really starting to pay attention too now that he has left France. El Sharaawy another rising star.

I think most people would take Messi, Xavi (ignore his age), Ronaldo and Iniesta over any of these? Bale imo can't even be compared. Players like these four are like superstars. Highly decorated. They perform when it matters. Messi and Ronaldo probably do get over hyped. It's like everything they do is 'magical'. But you have to agree, they are the top dogs. They stand head and shoulders above some great players.

(Asking how Bale compares was a genuine question btw. Not meaning to sound condescending)

Bale is becoming increasingly dominant in games, he has come on a huge amount since last season, i'd say he's more influencial for Tottenham than Gerrard is for Liverpool right now.

He can shoot, he has a great set-piece ability, he can cross/center well and he can run by people. He's certainly not a world beater yet, but he could certainly become one of the 'better' players in the world, if not the best.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Bayern, or Real if not them. Robben is likely to be off from there, or atleast that's the rumour. Ribery can be very hit and miss, imagine Bale on the left and Muller on the right with Mandzukic/Gomex upfront, with Schweinsteiger and possibly Reus knocking about behind them too. That'd be absolutely devastating.

Archived