shock horror another team rates us...

Damon1985

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so we lost and played bad but I have to say derby outclassed and outplayed us but one thing that stood out for me, and it did in the fixture at home, was the refreshing change that a team play good football without the constant need to time waste, play act and dive when we breathe on them.

Derby did none of that ***** and good on them and nigel clough for playing proper honest football.

Well played.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=81131#ixzz2JmjFdxny

I remember when we played bristol c (insert most championship sides) a few years back at pride park and they played us off the park. Couldn't believe how far behind them we were, things were a lot worse, things are progressing. I'll take that no matter how slow that is!

It's nice to see the clubs gaining a good reputation. Even Nigel's wanted by other fans!

How does a club gain a good reputation when its own fans absolutley slaughter the team, the manager and owners, on forums like this after every draw or loss??

How does a club gain a good reputation when its own fans absolutley slaughter the team, the manager and owners, on forums like this after every draw or loss??

Away from the cauldron of hysterical wrist-slashing and blind-faithing on Derby boards, non-DCFC fans seem to say nice things about us (in real life, not forums, so i take it with a pinch of salt 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> ).

"Clough's doing it the right way", is a common theme I hear from Stoke, WBA, Wolves, Brum fans. OK, they don't see the match by match arguments over tactics among us, but overall they see a club heading in the right direction, slowly and sensibly.

Hopefully more of us will start to see it as well.

Got to love their comments about Hendrick:

hendricks only 21.could nt believe it.saw hughes last year and he looked like a fish out of water(played out wide/late sub) boy does he look the business central though.only 17 too.both got good futures.

Hendricks was awesome, MOTM by a mile. He and Hughes are premier league bound for sure.

Live from my living room.

i fancied hendriks(not that way) but thought he was late twentys.puts a totally different slant on it now.like ward too.my kinda footballer,clever n hard working

Away from the cauldron of hysterical wrist-slashing and blind-faithing on Derby boards, non-DCFC fans seem to say nice things about us (in real life, not forums, so i take it with a pinch of salt 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> ).

"Clough's doing it the right way", is a common theme I hear from Stoke, WBA, Wolves, Brum fans. OK, they don't see the match by match arguments over tactics among us, but overall they see a club heading in the right direction, slowly and sensibly.

Hopefully more of us will start to see it as well.

Spot on Uttox, it's always good to see what outsiders think of derby, and as you say it is generally positive. However, they aren't desperate for Derby to succeed like Rams' fans (and even some of us on this board) are! It does help bring some welcome perspective though.

When I'm talking about Derby to non-Rams, I tend to be more objective and fair than I might be when venting my spleen on here!

"I thought Hughes was fab. I was also disappointed to see ward get mom and not sammon"

Not bad for an "awful" striker

Sammon needs ward to play well. And actually stay with him not this pathetic free role, nobody in the entire championship is good enough to play a free role most premier league teams can't afford to play that sort system either.

Anyhow how on earth did keogh not get man of the match, what does he have to do to get it. Yes ward got a goal and an assist and Sammon had his best game since Birmingham at home on Sky.

Keogh hardly lost a header all game, I saw him cut out some goal saving challenges. He was quality at picking a pass going forward, better than any we have seen under clough, certainly better than our recent comparisons barker and shackell. Also he got a really good headed goal. And he also captained well, upping his own game to make sure we didn't concede shortly after half time as they would have been right back in it. Finally he has an absolute quality ball that's bends down the right just staying in play and because Sammon had support he could use his pace to get onto it and play I off creatin anothe attacking outlet steming from the cb. Oh finally clean sheet too

I'm not getting carried away by yesterday, I didn't even think it was up there amongst our better performances this season and they were very poor.

You can only beat what is put infront of you though.

I was not a happy chappy when I saw Bryson starting out on the left as I think he is wasted out there. Also assumed Ward would be playing the free role again so was pleasantly surprised to see him playing up alongside Sammon and the partnership seemed to work well again just like earlier in the season.

A few good performances but again Hendrick was the stand out player for me.

Archived