shock horror another team rates us...

Damon1985

Thought Derby played very well yesterday but Huddersfield didn't have much to throw back at us to be fair. However if could have been 3-3 as they hit the post twice and one glorious chance sailed over the bar.

It's good to hear other fans decent comments about our club for a change, rather than reading the bile that gets spouted by Forest fans

Sammon hit the post too, so we won 4-3. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That chip from outside the box clipped the post - we were right behind it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

Some in this thread make it sound like we should be unhappy that we won 3-0 and are up to 9th with a measely one game in hand over the team in 7th, being 2 points behind them.

Some One person in this thread make it sound like we should be unhappy that we won 3-0 and are up to 9th with a measely one game in hand over the team in 7th, being 2 points behind them.

FTFY

I'm delighted that we won and positive remarks are far better than reading negative remarks..

But I'd feel alot better if those positive remarks came from one of the top 6 rather than a side that's been relegation fodder since September

Huddersfield were extremely inept so little kudos to be gained in listening to flattery from one of their fans

Just got to hammer Hull next then Bris?

Yes..

We've had some strange games with them over the past 6 years or so..

I remember during PBs season we lost there 2-1 despite absolutely battering them.. And obviously last season we won 1-0 there despite being terrible for the majority of the game..

They've also picked up their fair share of points at PP too..

Either way Koren or Fryatt is bound to score so to get maximum points we'll have to score at least 2..

I'm delighted that we won and positive remarks are far better than reading negative remarks..

But I'd feel alot better if those positive remarks came from one of the top 6 rather than a side that's been relegation fodder since September

So their team are playing rubbish means that they know nothing about football? So that must mean you are not really a Derby fan as you have a far superior football knowledge than everyone here.

So their team are playing rubbish means that they know nothing about football? So that must mean you are not really a Derby fan as you have a far superior football knowledge than everyone here.

Their team playing rubbish makes their opposition look like they're playing well..

It's just logic really.. If you were midtable in the PL you'd rather get praise off Arsenal fans than Aston Villa fans

Their team playing rubbish makes their opposition look like they're playing well..

It's just logic really.. If you were midtable in the PL you'd rather get praise off Arsenal fans than Aston Villa fans

They will still know how good a team is, they can compare to other teams that beat them. West Ham beat us 5-0 at PP yet Liverpool only beat us 2-1 but could we not tell that Liverpool would finish higher?

TobyWanKenobi

If we lost 3-0 to a top half side, we (some) would spend their time slagging off our team rather than complimenting the effective play of the other team.

It seems that we could learn something about sportmanship from these fellas.

Huddersfield hit the post twice, tis true, but one of those was off side so doesn't count

Three statisticians went deer-hunting. After an hour or two crawling through the undergrowth, they finally saw a deer - a magnificent stag.

The first statistician took aim and fired his rifle, and the bullet missed the deer by about one foot to the left.

The second statistician took aim and fired his rifle, and that bullet also missed the deer, this time by about one foot to the right.

The third statistician leaped to his feet, crying 'we got it!'.

Three statisticians went deer-hunting. After an hour or two crawling through the undergrowth, they finally saw a deer - a magnificent stag.

The first statistician took aim and fired his rifle, and the bullet missed the deer by about one foot to the left.

The second statistician took aim and fired his rifle, and that bullet also missed the deer, this time by about one foot to the right.

Theo took aim and the deer thought 'Phew,that's a lucky break'. (sorry Theo,only joking mate).

As I can't get to sleep,I thought I'd try and dream something up to rival yours.

A schoolteacher entered a wildlife park (you know,the usual things-kangaroos,goats,zebra,etc) and walked up to a kangaroo and her joey,that had his front paws tucked in his pouch.Brandishing his stick in the direction of joey,he barked "You boy,get your hands out of your pockets". Taken aback,joey turned to his mum and said "What's that strange creature saying,mum".Mum replied "Take no notice son,it's talking to that kid behind". Joey turned round and said "But mum,a goat hasn't got any pockets". "I know son,and if it keeps looking at me like that,he won't have any balls either".

The angry teacher rounds on the mother and says"Don't you dare do that.The only reason I came here today was to get a game of billiards". Mother kangaroo eyes him coldly and says "Just as well pal,because if you were expecting to get a jump from me today,you'd be short of a cue ball as well".

What are you talking about.. You've clearly illustrated my point..

I said Huddersfiewld are poor and you're trying to deny it.. I'm telling you that they've gone a quarter of the season without winning, and for the past 23 games, half of an NPC season, thy've accumulated only 22 points which leaves them as a bottom 4 club..

What the hell has Watford got to do with anything, a team that finished oin the playoffs and lost only 12 games all season.. As many as Huddersfield have done now after 30.. Did Watford go 23 games, half of the season, accumulating only 22 points and playing like relegation fodder? No, they didn't..

And Forest in 2010-11... Is this the same side that finished on 75 points? Making the playoffs.. And losing only 11 all season... Did they have a winless run of 12? Did they go 23 games collecting on 22 points playing like relegation fodder? Did they lose away games 3-0, 6-1, 4-0 etc.. No, they didn't..

And Preston who finished on 80 points? the team that lost 6 games all season.. Did they play like relegation fodder for 23 games.. Or go 12 games without a win..

Albert what are you on about? How are any of these related to Huddersfield collecting only 22 points from 23, going 1 win in 14 and being battered 6-1, 4-0, 3-0 etc.. in recent games.. They're terrible..

That's the whole damn point, you're missed the whole damn point. A bad run of games does not make a bad side in and of itself, a whole season does. All those quoted runs were by clubs who did well overall, and it was just to show that good clubs can have bad times of it. It's not as simple as "Huddersfield are rubbish", but I guess when you're moving the goal posts in a discussion as much as you seem to like doing, this is probably about where it was always going to go.

Bris, you don't post facts, you take small irrelevant points, spin them with your opinions and repeat them ad nauseum as though repeating an irrelevant point will suddenly make it relevant. When challenge, or when points are put in context you just realign your "argument" such that you were "right all a long". It gets very tedious after a while.

That's the whole damn point, you're missed the whole damn point. A bad run of games does not make a bad side in and of itself, a whole season does. All those quoted runs were by clubs who did well overall, and it was just to show that good clubs can have bad times of it. It's not as simple as "Huddersfield are rubbish", but I guess when you're moving the goal posts in a discussion as much as you seem to like doing, this is probably about where it was always going to go.

Bris, you don't post facts, you take small irrelevant points, spin them with your opinions and repeat them ad nauseum as though repeating an irrelevant point will suddenly make it relevant. When challenge, or when points are put in context you just realign your "argument" such that you were "right all a long". It gets very tedious after a while.

I'm not moving any goalposts... I said Huddersfield are rubbish and you're trying to deny it using little bad runs of previous clubs that have made the top 6..

I've clearly pointed out that you're thinking is flawed because Huddersfield aren't just in a bad run of form.. A bad run of form would be over 6, 8, 10 even 12 games.. Huddersfield have been rubbish for over half the NPC season, having collected only 22 points since September in 23 games..

Why are you trying to deny they've been rubbish? They got off to a flyer and since then have played like a bottom 4 club over the past 5 months of the season, 23 games.. That's a fact, why are you trying to deny a fact?

Game 7 of the season... Blackpool 1-3 Huddersfield.. They just collected 14 points from 7 and were in second place..

Since then.. They've gone on to collect 22 points from the next 23 with a record of...

Played 23 W5 D7 L11 GD -24

And you're saying that isn't rubbish Albert?

I'll even do a wager with you.. I garauntee that if you take away the first 7 games of the season Huddersfields record over the rest of the 39 games sees them in the bottom 5.. What do you think? No money involved or anything daft, just admit you're wrong and I'm right or vice versa

Archived