shock horror another team rates us...

Damon1985

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the likes of Leicester, Hull, Boro, Leeds and Watford also timewasted whilst thrashing them during their woeful run of about 1 win in 13...

Any team is going to look like Brazil when playing Huddersfield.. They're dire.

You can't say that, it could be construed as being negative which is a cardinal sin around here

I wonder if the likes of Leicester, Hull, Boro, Leeds and Watford also timewasted whilst thrashing them during their woeful run of about 1 win in 13...

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, Bris (sounds familiar?)

Are you suggesting that Derby timewasted yesterday? I didn't see any evidence of that - and I was at the game.

????????????? wtf you on about now?

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, Bris (sounds familiar?)

Are you suggesting that Derby timewasted yesterday? I didn't see any evidence of that - and I was at the game.

No I'm not suggesting that...

I was just pointing out the irony in a few of those comments from the Huddersfield fans regarding us looking good and us not time wasting like the other sides.. For a team that's won only once in about 13 and lost previous away games 6-1, 4-0, 3-0, 3-0 and 2-0 aswell as a 2-4 home loss against Leeds I'm sure any team looks like Brazil in comparison to them and I'm sure the likes of Watford, Leeds and Leicester did lots of timewasting whilst knocking 6 and 4s past them..

It's funny, there is clearly a massive difference between the two sides as they're dire and they've only won once in 13, but looking at the league table there is only 4 points difference between us..

All the teams in the middle are so average.. We're 10 points off the final relegation place and 10 points off 5th.. Birmingham are having a shocking campaign and we're apparently doing well yet there's only 4 points between the sides..

...this the same Huddersfield who are sitting midtable and are as close to us as they are to the relegation places? The same Huddersfield that were top 6 after the first time or so games?

Yes, they aren't in great form, but they aren't that terrible. Playing well against something (and what some of their fans think of some of our players) surely means something.

...this the same Huddersfield who are sitting midtable and are as close to us as they are to the relegation places? The same Huddersfield that were top 6 after the first time or so games?

Yes, they aren't in great form, but they aren't that terrible. Playing well against something (and what some of their fans think of some of our players) surely means something.

They're awful.. Started off the season with a little momentum and since then have been shown up for it since.. It happens to a few teams every year..

I'd be suprised if they don't finish in the bottom 6.

You don't go 12 games at this level without a win if you're not a poor side.. This is such an average league full of average teams and players so if you can't win for 12 games that's saying something.

They're awful.. Started off the season with a little momentum and since then have been shown up for it since.. It happens to a few teams every year..

I'd be suprised if they don't finish in the bottom 6.

You don't go 12 games at this level without a win if you're not a poor side.. This is such an average league full of average teams and players so if you can't win for 12 games that's saying something.

...you really have no clue do you...

So, you're saying that isolated runs make a team good or bad, not results over the whole season?

What makes a bad team, is a team out of their depth if they lose what... 4 in a row? How about failing to win in 9 or 10 odd games? At what point do you think it "says something" when a team loses several games in a row or fails to win for a prolonged period of time?

...you really have no clue do you...

So, you're saying that isolated runs make a team good or bad, not results over the whole season?

What makes a bad team, is a team out of their depth if they lose what... 4 in a row? How about failing to win in 9 or 10 odd games? At what point do you think it "says something" when a team loses several games in a row or fails to win for a prolonged period of time?

Erm.. Go and show me another team that has failed in a quarter of season..

Any team can have little runs or whatever.. A little burst of 3 wins in 4 or something..

Huddersfield picked up 14 points in the first 7 games.. I put this down to momentum..

Since then they've picked up 22 points in 23 games... For over half a season they've been on relegation form.. The only reason they're in midtable is because they got off to a flyer due to momentum or maybe another reason.. Since then, they've been terrible, played like a relegation team, 1 win in 14 or something, and been hammered in a few games.. Their GD is -18, the joint worst in the league, and they're dropping like a stone..

If they stay up this season, it will be down to the first 7 games.. Because since then they've been relegation fodder

Erm.. Go and show me another team that has failed in a quarter of season..

Any team can have little runs or whatever.. A little burst of 3 wins in 4 or something..

Huddersfield picked up 14 points in the first 7 games.. I put this down to momentum..

Since then they've picked up 22 points in 23 games... For over half a season they've been on relegation form.. The only reason they're in midtable is because they got off to a flyer due to momentum or maybe another reason.. Since then, they've been terrible, played like a relegation team, 1 win in 14 or something, and been hammered in a few games.. Their GD is -18, the joint worst in the league, and they're dropping like a stone..

If they stay up this season, it will be down to the first 7 games.. Because since then they've been relegation fodder

Just hypothetically, would you say teams that put together runs like this are out of their depth:

1. 1 win in 14

2. 9 without a win with 1 win in 12

3. 1 win in first 6 games with 4 straight losses

4. 4 straight losses to open the season

5. 9 without a win with only 3 wins in their first 16

Just hypothetically, would you say teams that put together runs like this are out of their depth:

1. 1 win in 14

2. 9 without a win with 1 win in 12

3. 1 win in first 6 games with 4 straight losses

4. 4 straight losses to open the season

5. 9 without a win with only 3 wins in their first 16

Are these at the beginning of the season? I know in case 3 you're refering to Reading.. That illustrates my point because after the game 6 to game 35 Reading had accumulated the most points in the league.. Basically they got off to a terrible start but since game 6 they were comfrotably the best team in the league... The same can be said about Sunderland losing the first 4 games of the season...

Since game 7, I'd say Huddersfield are pretty much a bottom 5 club.. Tell me if I'm wrong? Having a quick check in the past 23 games Bristol City only have 18 points, Wolves 20, Barnsely 21, Huddersfield 22, Bolton 24, Peterborough 27,

Proves my point.. After the initial 7 game burst at the beginning of the season where anything can happen teams start to show their true potential..

Are these at the beginning of the season? I know in case 3 you're refering to Reading.. That illustrates my point because after the game 6 to game 35 Reading had accumulated the most points in the league.. Basically they got off to a terrible start but since game 6 they were comfrotably the best team in the league... The same can be said about Sunderland losing the first 4 games of the season...

Since game 7, I'd say Huddersfield are pretty much a bottom 5 club.. Tell me if I'm wrong? Having a quick check in the past 23 games Bristol City only have 18 points, Wolves 20, Barnsely 21, Huddersfield 22, Bolton 24, Peterborough 27,

Proves my point.. After the initial 7 game burst at the beginning of the season where anything can happen teams start to show their true potential..

...oh dear... proves your point eh? Of course it does, of course it does...

The others were:

1. Watford 2007-08, that bad run did not come at the start of the season either, but they did make the playoffs

2. This was of course Forest in 2010-11, and it was yet again, not early in the season

3. This was Reading as you correctly identified

4. This was Sunderland in 2006-07

5. Finally, we have Preston in 2005-06, and this was early in the season, although they actually got their 3 wins in their first 7 games before they went for 9 without a win, they also got 80 points, not bad for "failing" for roughly a quarter of the season

Go ahead though, I'm sure we're all waiting to hear how this exactly proves your point, your very liquid, movable point.

Archived