shock horror another team rates us...

Damon1985

Can I just point one thing out with regards to losing streaks and how you can be a good team despite it:

There was a Premiership team that only picked up 9 points all season, but they were still the most awesome football team the world has ever seen. FACT.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=4]« Reply #18 Yesterday at 12:33pm »

One thing Dean Hoyle might have come away from that shambles with is Derby showing that nurturing young talent can produce a team capable of holding their own in this league. Prem is a whole different ball game but that was a good young side put out by Clough yesterday, don't think any were over 25 and a lot were through the youth system at Derby. [/size]

[size=3]Read more:[url=http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=81131#ixzz2JwlSe4SX]http://downatthemac....1#ixzz2JwlSe4SX[/size]

[size=3]Good points well made fella[/size]

Gazza Roberts will be made up with statements like this! Only as young as the woman you feel...

[size=4]« Reply #18 Yesterday at 12:33pm »

One thing Dean Hoyle might have come away from that shambles with is Derby showing that nurturing young talent can produce a team capable of holding their own in this league. Prem is a whole different ball game but that was a good young side put out by Clough yesterday, don't think any were over 25 and a lot were through the youth system at Derby. [/size]

[size=3]Read more:[url=http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=81131#ixzz2JwlSe4SX]http://downatthemac....1#ixzz2JwlSe4SX[/size]

[size=3]Good points well made fella[/size]

Good point about the age but only 3 came through our youth system

Can I just point one thing out with regards to losing streaks and how you can be a good team despite it:

There was a Premiership team that only picked up 9 points all season, but they were still the most awesome football team the world has ever seen. FACT.

*cough* 11 *cough* 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Albert..

Did any of those sides go 12 games without a win?

Did any of those sides after 23 games of the season after the initial '6 game start where anything can happen' take less points than games? And doing so with a GD of -24..

Did any of those sides look like they were sliding down the table rather than moving up it?

Did any of those sides get hammered in consecutive away games 6-1, 4-0 and 3-0?

I appreciate the effort you piut into your posts and I like the way you illustarte them too.. I have no problems with that.. But you're posts still aren't denying the fact that Huddersfield are a rubbish NPC side on the slide who for the majority of the season are playing like relegation fodder..

We're now getting very specific. This is into the "were they wearing Green sweaters" territory. The point you were making was about terrible form and them being useless. This clearly isn't the case with many other sides in terrible form for periods of roughly the same amount of time. This is why I mention you "shifting the goals", because you seem to change the target of your argument to keep it sharp. Again, those sides mentioned are just from memory, I'm sure if I went looking I could find some really terrible form for sides who finished in the midtable, or if we're going down to just surviving, I already know one who's form could have left them a division below.

I don't know Bris, I actually enjoy your posts. You use just enough facts to keep things interesting, and you seem to offer some negativity with just enough basis in reality to keep it interesting. I just wish you didn't shift the focus of your arguments so much. That said, I guess that's how arguments perpetuate themselves on the internet.

I don't know Bris, I actually enjoy your posts. You use just enough facts to keep things interesting, and you seem to offer some negativity with just enough basis in reality to keep it interesting. I just wish you didn't shift the focus of your arguments so much. That said, I guess that's how arguments perpetuate themselves on the internet.

I have not read all (ok l'll be honest, any) of the posts on this thread but loved this. Perfectly defined and for the record I like Bris on here as well, was dull when he took a "sabbatical".

I have not read all (ok l'll be honest, any) of the posts on this thread but loved this. Perfectly defined and for the record I like Bris on here as well, was dull when he took a "sabbatical".

I like Bris on here too, as i liked YR, Stan, Elvis and a few others,

trouble is, when i get to like someone, they tend to disappear..

strange that..

Huddersfield under Mark Lillis as caretaker:

Huddersfield 1-1 Leicester

Huddersfield 1-0 Palace

Derby 3-0 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 0-0 Cardiff

3 of the top 5 couldn't beat them, but we steamrollered them. Surely we must be the best team in the Championship?

Err, I was going to list their shocking away form and make the counter argument that we only had to turn up to beat them and the result should be disregarded etc...you can prove anything with stats etc...but...

Turns out they've had a tricky run away, and haven't lost away to a team outside the top 6 since October - except us. Hmm.

Archived