Derby County v Middlesbrough

Day

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The British leagues are possibly the only ones in the world where that attitude is acceptable..

Theo is only ever going to be a goalscorer.. He doesn't have the all round play to go with his game.. The guy is limited, and a midtable NPC club is probably his limit.. If we are to improve he'll have to get used to being a regular on the subs bench or move on..

Assuming we played well (I don't know) then there isn't much more we can ask for.. It doesn't matter if we played Middlesbrough or Peterborough at home as anyone can beat anyone in this league.. I don't think we should be any more happy beating a team that has lost 4 of their last 5 away games and as many away games in total as us this season.. We should all just be happy with 3 points and an apparent good performance..

You take a look at Hull, Boro, Cardiff etc. and we've matched them.. What does that tell us? It tells us that once again there isn't a standout team in the NPC and they're all average.. There isn't a single team in this league that would get over 25 points in the PL this season..

A thread about our recent victory with Middlesbrough and the first thing you do is comment on this country's football culture. At least you're consistent!

How does the fact we've matched the good teams show they're average? Could it not show how good we are sometimes? Or does every time we win have to be because it's a poor league, and every time we lose because we've been poor?

The top 8 or so teams have broken away from the rest of the pack. We were 11th, yet 6 points off the top 6 - normally, that's what you'd expect in April, not December. We hadn't won in three yet we'd lost one place.

There are sides like Leicester with incredible squads that probably would stay up in the Prem and, for that matter, most of the world's top flight leagues.

We're having a good season. We're probably not going to make the play-offs, but we're in touching distance and we're competitive.

Why would you like to see that? That front 6 has average written all over it

I've avoided the bris flogging to date but this is a strange comment.

In the context of where we are, coutts, bryson and hughes are all very good.

We're having a good season. We're probably not going to make the play-offs, but we're in touching distance and we're competitive.

Yes......what he said.

I've avoided the bris flogging to date but this is a strange comment.

In the context of where we are, coutts, bryson and hughes are all very good.

I think Bris is right, as long as we compare to the likes of the top Spanish and our own Premiership teams.

However, only Bris is doing that and I can't understand the relevance of it. Let's compare ourselves to Championship teams for now and worry about Barcelona in a few years time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

So good that they've managed to supply a whopping 11 goals away from home in 12 games?

Our midfield is strong Bris, far too good for Boro yesterday. The only weak link in the front 6 is Sammon I think.

The goals we have scored are surprsisingly high considering we dont have natural goalscorer in the squad. Other teams convert a much higher proprtion of their chances.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but Boro were filthy! I don't like players getting booked but how they only got 3 yellow cards is beyond me. Oh, and their number 10!! Haha! The hissy fit when his own physio came on!!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51514000/jpg/_51514305_nickybailey

[size=6]****[/size]

Yes I thought Boro were very lucky not to get more bookings , they seemed to be fouling all the time. As Mowbray said they were just not at the races struggling with the pace and trickery of our youngsters.

I'm making a habbit of visiting the opposition's forums post-match. Here's what the folk of oneboro.co.uk had to say:

Ok back from the game and I will just simply say Well played Derby!

They did not allow Boro to do anything today until the untimely intervention of Miller coming on and how I wish he could have been on sooner.

They outfought and out muscled us throughout the whole game and we were never allowed to start anything from midfield that looked promising and we were lucky to be only 2 behind at half time and if they continue to play like that I see them getting into the play off positions.

At one time I thought it was going to be another Blackpool away and though recent away games we have been unlucky today was not one of those games we deserved what we got because we were outplayed most of the game.

No use finger pointing it is a team game and no one came through that match with any degree of praise save Miller alone and as said it was too little too late.

Was told today that Boro winning away on New Years Day has happened only once in the last 113 years so no real surprises today.

The team better learn from this as there is a slight feeling of deja vu to last year where once again we could not take any advantage of other teams results in and around us.

Would suggest that Juke be used next week in the FA cup game because he needs to find his form and pdq but I promised not to finger point.

Disappointed yes but we were never ever in the game due to a good Derby performance so praise due to them

Anyone else find it annoying how they put us in the ground today in the lower tier! Also the atmosphere was one of the worst I have been to in along time bar the 10mins in the second half and the abuse people were shouting at Thomo at times was a joke! Bailey was at fault for the first goal as he gave the ball away twice which lead them to end spreading it wife and winning a cheap free kick which wasn't taken in the right place! Second goal Williams didn't clear the ball well enough good finish and 3rd Steele was at fault for!

Sounds like the ref and his assistants have had a mare too. Even the Derby fans were chanting "You don't know what you're doing" at one point.

Also, here's the classic "if only we didn't have injuries" comment that is a running theme on almost every forum!

Just can't get my head around it.

EVERY year it happens, and it hasn't just been with Mogga. I am sure that no other team gets the amount of injuries that we do.

Has to be the training ground, surely?

I like hearing what oppo fans have to say.

Cheers me duck

Love the injuries quote! I can remember people really slagging off the training at Derby causing all the injuries! It was down to Nige's back room staff that players were pulling hamstrings or having their skulls fractured.

Archived