Derby County v Middlesbrough

Day

@dcfcofficial: #dcfc Vs @Boro starting line-up: Legzdins; Brayford, Keogh, O’Brien, Freeman; Coutts, Hendrick, Hughes, Davies; Jacobs, Sammon.

@dcfcofficial: #dcfc Vs @Boro subs: Fielding, Tyson, Doyle, Hoganson, Gjokaj, Robinson, O’Connor.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

OB, Freeman, Hendrick, Hughes and Jacobs all inexperienced. Some of them not in great form (our only striker being one of them). Ben Davies is scraping the barrel as far as being good enough goes.

It just doesn't inspire me. If we get the points today we'll have done very, very well.

@ColinBloomfield: Been told Derby will play 4-4-2 today with Jacobs up front with Sammon. Still no Bryson in team.

Little surprised by this. Robinson might do bug*er all for 89 minutes but he does have a habit of sticking the ball in the back of the net.

I'm always more confident with his name on the team sheet but I can see why Clough doesn't use him.

Surely Jacobs up front is putting a square peg in a round hole though.

Little surprised by this. Robinson might do bug*er all for 89 minutes but he does have a habit of sticking the ball in the back of the net.

I'm always more confident with his name on the team sheet but I can see why Clough doesn't use him.

Surely Jacobs up front is putting a square peg in a round hole though.

I think he is hoping that Jacobs can fill the Ward role in a 4-4-1-1. Hope Freeman has a great game, fingers crossed!

Archived