Will Hughes

blackNwhites

A rest would do him well, we've got 3 good championship centre midfielders in Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick, so why not use Bryson and Hendrick for a couple of weeks and give Hughes at least Huddersfield off. Then you can put him back in if Bryson's knee still isn't right, and there would be a much better balance within the team as a result of it, and neither players confidence won't be effected. Sam could be said with replacing Coutts with Ben Davies, Coutts hasn't played this many games in a couple of seasons and it's going to take some getting used to much like it is with Hughes. I say rest them both and play a midfield 4 of Davies, Bryson, Hendrick and Jacobs.

Thats what i'd do on football manager anyway 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Scout rating...

Shooting: 7 out of 10

Passing: 8 out of 10

Tackling: 8 out of 10

Heading: 7 out of 10

Pace: 7 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 8 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING:64/80

Current value: £15million

Potential value: £40million 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Zaha had one and half seasons in the Championship and a full England cap, went for 12 mill

The left back from Barnsley went for 3 mill after the same sort of time playing in the Champ as Hughes.

So 10 mill is pushing it, half that would be about right at the moment

The Scout rating...

Shooting: 7 out of 10

Passing: 8 out of 10

Tackling: 8 out of 10

Heading: 7 out of 10

Pace: 7 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 8 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING:64/80

Current value: £15million

Potential value: £40million 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

As a fan watching him every week I would say more like this.

shooting 5 very weak shot on him

passing 8

tackling 4

heading 2 (has he ever won a header when up against another player?)

pace 5

vision 10 (as good as any at seeing the game in my opinion)

current ability 7

potential sky's the limit but anything could happen he is 17

current value 12 million (the amount I feel derby would accept)

potential value if he plays for the England first XI 25 million

you may think that some of my ratings are harsh but I feel they are realistic. feel free to disagree and give reasons why.

shooting 5 very weak shot on him

tackling 4

heading 2 (has he ever won a header when up against another player?)

you may think that some of my ratings are harsh but I feel they are realistic. feel free to disagree and give reasons why.

I agree with all but these. When you say weak shot, do you mean in terms of power? When he has committed to a tackle he gets stuck in and I have seen some brilliant tackles which I would compare to Jack Whilshire. People thought he was a light weight and that he couldn't tackle. The truth is that it's an approach to closing down the opposition that only intelligent players have. He never dives in unless he can win possession (not just make a tackle) and dictates the speed of players who he is one on one with.

With 50/50 situations and the ball is in the air he doesn't pull out of a header and gets stuck in. He has won headers but his problem lies in the fact that he isn't very good at jumping and his headers are weak.

I agree with you about his vision completely. He seems to read the game very well. He has been poor in the last few games and we have seen him give possession away cheaply. However I actually largely blame this on team mates. When he asks for the ball, he is aware of players around him and who are his potential outlets. Give the ball to him 2 seconds after he asks for it and all that has changed.

If only we had two of him.

all I meant with his shot is that he has no way near enough power to score goals as a cm. I'm not talking Steven Gerrard or Paul scholes but even placed shots his dont have enough power to trouble goalkeepers. he is only 17 in 2 years time he will do but right at this moment there is no way he will score more than 2 or three goals a season. one fluky goal vs Watford and a very good finish against milwall so far

all I meant with his shot is that he has no way near enough power to score goals as a cm.

I have seen several powerful shots that have been blocked. I am sure you will see more efforts soon. Plus he will get more goals when he plays in a more advanced midfield position. Against Blackpool he was making a lot of forward runs and on about 3 occasions if the final pass to him was better he would have been one on one with the keeper.

After reading this thread yesterday, I made a mental note today of Hughes's heading and tackling.

Hughes contested 7 headers today - he won 6 of them cleanly.

Hughes tackled an opponent 16 times today. 2 fouls and 12 (TWELVE!!!) times he won the ball cleanly.

I suggest you re-write your statistics, Shabash.

Hughes was a lot better today. Still not back to his best passing game but he put in a lot of tackles something which hes also got in him.

Hughes is 3 years younger than Zaha. In 3 years if through some miracle Hughes was still playing with us in the Championship (obviously that wont happen as we'll be promoted by then 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> ) he's be the best player in the championship comfortably.

This guy will play for England.

The improvement he's made in 6 months is staggering and if it continues he'll be some player.

If that is the case I 100% stand corrected Eddie.

I was at the game and I completely forgot to look.

In fairness I created that post on the back of a awful performance vs Blackburn. It was a bit of a reverse from Hughes today as there were no penatrative passes from him today but he put himself about more which is what you need to do to compensate for a dip in form.

Just to confirm I am one of the biggest Hughes fans he will be one of the best championship cm's in 2 or 3 years.

Archived