Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a name for this fixture. What about El We-don't-care-ico?

Networker got it spot on, all we do before this game is go on about how much we hate Leicester fans for hating us when we don't hat them. So we do hate them.

But it's not some bitter local rivalry entrenched into many generations of fans. It's more like having to visit the family member you think is an ******** every Christmas.

El clasico del centro

I just have top say a few things.. People go on about there not being a rivalry, 8 pages before the game has even kicked off means there is something there.. The more you deny it, the more obvious it is.. It's like when someone says your 'gay' in school.. The simple answer is to say No and walk away if it's not true.. Or just laugh and do nothing else.. By keep denying it and talking about and so on it becomes more and more obvious and more and more people jump in..

If there wasn't a dislike between the clubs why bang on about them.. Why this thread.. Why call them 'Fester' and laugh at them.. I didn't see 8 odd pages before the Brum game or childish names being thrown their way.. I ddin't even see a single post laughing at their ridiculously girly accent..

Also, there isn't such thing as a bigger club when we're talking about Forest, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Hull, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Palace etc.. Players choose between clubs based on simple things like money, chances of promotion, current staff and first team football.. No-one will ever choose Derby over Hull because Derby won something 40 years ago and get an extra 2,000 people a week in the stadium.. We're all the same.. Any player would choose Wigan over us lot..

Also, I don't need some mug from another team telling me I'm not a fan or supporter because I'm not going to the game.. I've never been to a Floyd Mayweather fight or an Oasis gig but I'm a fan of both.. Criticising numbers is pathetic.. Who gives a t0ss how mnay fans go to Leicester.. What matters is what happens on the pitch, not in the stands..

Anyway as for my prediction.. I think they'll comfortably beat us.

Leicester 2-0 Derby

I have been impressed with Leicester from what I have seen and would make them my favourites to take the Championship title this season. They have spent the money and we can only dream of having a wage bill like theirs must be.

Dyer is in great form at the minute although Nugent is a loss this weekend.

Leicester 2 Derby 0

I hate Leicester. First game I saw was Derby reserves vs Leicester reserves. We won 2-0. First competitive league match was against Leicester, we won 3-2 at the BBG. Galooooooze was playing, got sent off I think.

Since then, I can't really remember us beating them. Mikel Beck scored his first goal against them at Filbert street, maybe it was his only goal?

"Oh Leicestershire, is full of s@*!, oh Leicestershire is full of s@*!..." etc...

Anyway, Derby 2-1 Leicester.

Theo FGS.

El clasico del centro

I just have top say a few things.. People go on about there not being a rivalry, 8 pages before the game has even kicked off means there is something there.. The more you deny it, the more obvious it is.. It's like when someone says your 'gay' in school.. The simple answer is to say No and walk away if it's not true.. Or just laugh and do nothing else.. By keep denying it and talking about and so on it becomes more and more obvious and more and more people jump in..

If there wasn't a dislike between the clubs why bang on about them.. Why this thread.. Why call them 'Fester' and laugh at them.. I didn't see 8 odd pages before the Brum game or childish names being thrown their way.. I ddin't even see a single post laughing at their ridiculously girly accent..

Also, there isn't such thing as a bigger club when we're talking about Forest, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Hull, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Palace etc.. Players choose between clubs based on simple things like money, chances of promotion, current staff and first team football.. No-one will ever choose Derby over Hull because Derby won something 40 years ago and get an extra 2,000 people a week in the stadium.. We're all the same.. Any player would choose Wigan over us lot..

Also, I don't need some mug from another team telling me I'm not a fan or supporter because I'm not going to the game.. I've never been to a Floyd Mayweather fight or an Oasis gig but I'm a fan of both.. Criticising numbers is pathetic.. Who gives a t0ss how mnay fans go to Leicester.. What matters is what happens on the pitch, not in the stands..

Anyway as for my prediction.. I think they'll comfortably beat us.

Leicester 2-0 Derby

Bris, did you see that film last night 'Gaylords Say No'???

Not a big game for myself personally but shameful we've only sold the 800 quoted, despite it being on the box I'd have expected around 2,000! Hopefully we sell a lot on the gate and make it a decent atmosphere. Can't see much other than a defeat. 3-1, nothing like going to a game with optimism..

Interesting read this thread. Personally i think the Leicester rivalry largely depends on age. I'm 20 and i consider them rivals, however at the moment it is a nothing game.

Go back to the late 90's and early 2000's and i used to look forward to those matches as much as playing forest. In recent years the increasing amount of games between us and forest, along with some tasty occasions with Stoke, means the Leicester rivalry has become irrelevant in my eyes.

Having said that i would love to see it go back to being a half decent rivalry at least, all it needs is some controversy, bad tackles, the players and staff hating each other and , dare i say it, some aggro between the fans.

Anyway onto my prediction: 2--2 Theo FGS.

Whatever anyone says about whether there is a rivalry or not is irrelevant when we are talking about your away 'support' tomorrow.

Saying it's on TV and most Rams fans expect you to lose? Is that really what determines whether you go to an away game or not? Pathetic support, pathetic excuse. Pride Park & The King Power are 32 miles apart. PATHETIC!!!!

As a fellow fox said earlier in the thread, it looks dangerously like nobody on here cares about Derby County.

I ask you this - what message does this apathy send to your players? Leicester took nearly a thousand to Southampton last season on a Monday night. This was the Southampton who were flying at the time. Nobody expected a win, and it was on TV. You get my point?

WAKE UP RAMS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!

Archived