Theo Robinson

loweman2

Three good chances to score tonight and fluffed them all, luckily for him his centre back and the substitute didn't, yes he has scored seven goals but the chances he gets it should be more, tonight was totally different from Saturday theo and the fish cancelled each other out I felt, they both wanted to play a central role and they stifled each other, another clean sheet though and another three points in the bag !! Come on you rams !!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three good chances to score tonight and fluffed them all, luckily for him his centre back and the substitute didn't, yes he has scored seven goals but the chances he gets it should be more, tonight was totally different from Saturday theo and the fish cancelled each other out I felt, they both wanted to play a central role and they stifled each other, another clean sheet though and another three points in the bag !! Come on you rams !!

Robinson could be a 50 goal a season striker in this division if he put his chances away - gets in the positions time after time!

Sometimes he'll put 2 of the 3 chances away, othertimes, he'll have 10 and still won't get one.

My solution to the Theo conundrum is as follows…

Some think that ‘goalscoring Theo’ (many-less), ‘technical ability Theo’ (good–poor), and ‘hardworking Theo’ (very sweaty–can’t be arsed) somehow fit on a single dimension. They obviously can’t.

Instead each of these separate dimensions operate independently in time and space. His ‘Messi goal’ on Saturday was that rare occasion when higher levels of ‘goalscoring Theo’ and good levels of ‘technical ability Theo’ were operating at the same time - and quite coincidentally.

Of course, we all know he scores ‘very sweaty’ on the ‘hardworking Theo’ dimension most of the time - but that has little to do with his success in sticking the ball in the net or his ability to control a football.

No doubt people will try to link ‘hardworking Theo’ with ‘goalscoring Theo’ as if they are causally related. That would be a mistake - although I have no doubt that a very sweaty Theo helps the team effort overall.

One day I intend to represent all this in a graph…with equations 'n' stuff.

I thought last night his 1st touch had improved no end - pity his 2nd touch was usually a pass to a Barnsley player!

Exactly this, I've never seen him trap balls like he did last night, It's a shame the 5-10 yard pass afterwards wasn't accurate.

Dont think it was very easy for Theo last night. Barnsley were very deep and did not let either strikers have a lot of room to do anything. Hence I think a lot broke down around them (poor passes, or keeping the ball for too long trying to create room). Both Sammon and Theo were getting a lot of ball with their back to goal and would quickly get three Barnsley players around them, leaving them little they could do. Hence it was a frustrating night for them but as previously said, they did a job for the team with the work they put in.

The only time there was space was for Tyson's goal, when Derby began to attack less and invite Barnsley on

Exactly this, I've never seen him trap balls like he did last night, It's a shame the 5-10 yard pass afterwards wasn't accurate.

His first touch may appear to have improved [on last night's showing], however, little else in his repertoire has, his distribution was abysmal and his brain cell obviously wasn't working when it came to making decisions on whether to shoot or pass to someone in a better scoring position.

My estimation that he will never make a footballer whilst he has a hole in his backside remains constant.

But when his name is read out how many of us think "well we can score here"?

I don't know how he does it. How he always gets chances. He's just got something about him. He's probably wasted more chances than a lot of more complete forwards have had. Why? How?

He gets on my nerves. But when he's out injured I just automatically expect goals harder to come by.

I think everybody, fans, players, manager.. all feel a little bit more hopeful with Robinson in the side.

I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't impressed when Theo first arrived at the club. I thought he was hopeless and wouldn't add anything to the side.

But he has proven me wrong.

At the end of the day, he scores goals and that alone is enough for me but you can see he's working hard and trying to improve in other respects too.

He has weaknesses and inconsistencies in his game but name a striker at this level who doesn't?

His first touch may appear to have improved [on last night's showing], however, little else in his repertoire has, his distribution was abysmal and his brain cell obviously wasn't working when it came to making decisions on whether to shoot or pass to someone in a better scoring position.

My estimation that he will never make a footballer whilst he has a hole in his backside remains constant.

Whilst I agreed with your verdict on his performance last night it's wrong to say he'll never make a footballer, he doesn't really need to.

As I've said before he's such a frustrating player to watch and support but come May when he's scored 15+ (I actually think he will this year) we can look back at all the points his goals have won us and look past his downfalls. He's not the finished article, infact is he even an article?! , but the lad knows where the net is. I'll give him that.

Whilst I agreed with your verdict on his performance last night it's wrong to say he'll never make a footballer, he doesn't really need to.

As I've said before he's such a frustrating player to watch and support but come May when he's scored 15+ (I actually think he will this year) we can look back at all the points his goals have won us and look past his downfalls. He's not the finished article, infact is he even an article?! , but the lad knows where the net is. I'll give him that.

I've been watching DCFC since 26th January 1946 so I, possibly, have seen a few more 'footballers' than you and I stand by my assessment of him, it is a matter of opinions after all.

one question - do you actually record yourself on FIFA? or did you just record the instant replay

never even tried it before dav but when that goal went in i just had to fathom out how to upload it for others to witness just what FIFA 2013 believe theo is capable of, it was on the ipad so pretty straight forward, i am not normally this sad but as i pull theo to pieces on the forum and then he scored a goal like that ( i know its not real by the way) i just allowed myself to wonder "is it possible ??" and posted it on here as there are some forum members who think it is just a matter of time before theo is banging them in like this every week, dont worry there wont be any more........... i dont think

• 2 weeks later...

Theo missed another two good chances today to score, contributed very little as usual, if he had played 90 minutes we would not have won the game today, he needs to have a couple of games on the bench and let Tyson have a start, he has got much more positional sense and if we are playing with two wingers then we need the forwards making runs into space not running around like a headless chicken,

He was the weak link again on saturday, he had a couple of good chances to score and blasted at least 3 over the bar from long range, and i dont mean slightly over either. He might have scored a few goals but a half decent striker would have scored double considering the chances he has had.

He has pace and his positioning and ball control have been better this season. His biggest problems are that he is always tripping over his own legs, he consistently overhits passes and keeps attempting to shoot from outside the box, with embarrasing results. He leaves us very vunerable to counter attacks which is where we have been struggling over the past couple of weeks.

I'm not usually negative about our own players but i have called better opposing players than him a 'donkey' over the years.

Archived