Theo Robinson

loweman2

Am sure i will not be alone in saying that Theo despite scoring 8 goals this season is still a wasted Resourse in the field. Mind you he does score some brilliant goals but 90% of his goals come only after the hard work done by players around him and he just taps that in.

He aint a poacher if ppl call him that, Poachers stay quite in the game and convert almost all chances that come there way, Theo Wastes 2-3 chances that come to him and scores only after loads of chances are thrown at him, that is complete wastage.

He does not have a Plan B if things arent going, Credit he keeps pluckin away till the end but smart strikers change the way they play when they clearly know it isnt working for them. All he does is run around and get offside and get 1 chance converted out of maybe 3-4 that comes his way.

Ppl will stop clamouring for theo if tyson was instead played, Am sure the conversion ratio would have been better and ofcourse support Sammon better. Ward is even better option to tyson.

A decent Deal recieved when he is in this form, we should sell him off and buy a player who supports sammon better and links up well with Midfielders, cos i think we have loads of chances to score more if the top 2 play well.

You're missing the point. Funny how the only player in our whole squad that our midfielders can find is Theo.

A strikers' game is as much about positiong and finding space as it is ball control and finishing. In terms of finding space and the best position for our wingers to aim for, Theo Robinson would be one of the legends of the game if his other attributes matched them.

Whenever Coutts, Jacobs or Ward run down the by line and drill a ball in to the box, then Theo is always there, pretty much without fail, and that's why he scores so often.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're missing the point. Funny how the only player in our whole squad that our midfielders can find is Theo.

A strikers' game is as much about positiong and finding space as it is ball control and finishing. In terms of finding space and the best position for our wingers to aim for, Theo Robinson would be one of the legends of the game if his other attributes matched them.

Whenever Coutts, Jacobs or Ward run down the by line and drill a ball in to the box, then Theo is always there, pretty much without fail, and that's why he scores so often.

Theo gets alot of stick of fans for being a 'poor footballer' but i agree he is nearly always there to tap the ball in the back of the net. he may not be able to do 'magical' things, but he is getting goals, even if he does miss '2-3 chances' a game. We're always talking about 15-20 goals a season, Theo is that guy!

Yes thats the fact, He is a goalscorer agreed but he has his faults which are the very basics which will stop his growth. He is just riding on confidence from his goals but the lack of technical ability will soon show.

Championship is physical but has its fair share of mistakes in the field which happen quite frequently. You need a striker who can take the chances that come your way and let the midfield come in at attacking positions. Theo cannot do that cos he is poor in holding & does not take advantage of mistakes.

Sell him off when he is hot property to bring in an attacker who can hold the ball, Links with the midfield and forces mistakes on the opposition.

For gods sake try a foriegn player. 1mil in your hands you can bring twice the player that is theo.

You mean like he did against (can't remember - was it Blackpool?) when he picked up the loose pass near the half-way line, held off 2 or 3 defenders and slotted it through the goalkeeper's legs?

You mean like he did against (can't remember - was it Blackpool?) when he picked up the loose pass near the half-way line, held off 2 or 3 defenders and slotted it through the goalkeeper's legs?

Also the Leicester goal, great ball put him through, he held off the defender and smashed it in.

They are two goals we would never have seen him scored last season. He's getting better!

Point 1, disagree mostly the ball goes towards Sammon first.

Point 2, of course he is, he's a striker, where else is he going to be?

I disagree with the posters who say he needs loads of chances before he scores. I think his conversion rate is much better than that. I can't remember him regularly missing 3-4 chances before he hits the net; sure the odd on or two, but there's nobody in our team who I'd rather see the ball fall at (inside the box that is).

Archived