Theo Robinson

loweman2

Ok Shearer he aint but his late equalisers against Wolves and Blackburn have been something we have lacked in the not too distant past, if we were a goal down with 10 minutes to go 18 months or so ago, I felt that was it, game over, and let's face it, Hoddle reckoned Andy Cole needed 5 chances to put 1 away so Theo's 1 in 3 is suddenly looking not quite so bad. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get frustrated watching the lad but it's unfair as I'm not sure what I actually expect from him. I know his first touch and passing ability is awful but I still get angry when he fails to make a 4 yard pass. I need to stop it really and accept he's one of those lovable players that are ***** but chip in with the goods despite his lack of ability.

I can't help but laugh when he scores. The chap's unreal.

He's not the answer but he's all we have on the goalscoring front. He'll miss sitters now and again but he does chip in with his fair share of important goals so can't be too harsh.

Tyson-Theo is not the way forward in my opinion. Too similar which unfortunately for us means two poor footballers in both of the striker spots.

Agreed otherwise but you can't compare Tyson and Theo. Tyson sometimes looks like he knows what he's doing but he won't score. Theo is opposite...

But I like seeing Theo in a Derby shirt scoring, it's not all about winning you know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

But honestly, I think all of our forwards are just as frustrating and equally as good/**** as each other, so not really bothered who starts or who finishes because it's poor Cloughie who's gotta make the decision 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

At least we've got options until we can buy a Premier League standard striker.

Here's one for you, Robinson and Davies scored the same amount of goals last season yet some people were gutted that Davies went even though they admit he was work shy but because his goals were usually belters he was branded the better player why? Granted theo is frustrating but that is because he gets in good positions working away gets us of our feet to fluff it or make the wrong pass but he's on it for the whole 90 not out the game then score from 30 yards like lazy Davies

he is terrible...... in every aspect of his game apart from 1 in every 3-5 chances, 5 yards out from goal. but he scores. but he's crap....but he scores.but he's crap. i'd rather see tyson sammon. there is strength and pace there..... they havent played much together but maybe there is even goals too. tyson has surley got to prefer not being the target man. he was last year... and that didnt work. the big golum can do that work now

How many decent strikers/attacking players has Clough brought in if any? I would say none. Ward is good but too unstable. I liked Cywka but where is he now? Porter was a flop. Don't want comment on situation with Maguire. Tyson deal was just a stupid move in every aspect. Sammon is a flop in the making. Many things already said about Theo.

Looks like you can't buy it on the cheap when you want to get some really good attacking players like Hulse and Commons (they wasn't that great but they sky above our current players).

How many decent strikers/attacking players has Clough brought in if any? I would say none. Ward is good but too unstable. I liked Cywka but where is he now? Porter was a flop. Don't want comment on situation with Maguire. Tyson deal was just a stupid move in every aspect. Sammon is a flop in the making. Many things already said about Theo.

Looks like you can't buy it on the cheap when you want to get some really good attacking players like Hulse and Commons (they wasn't that great but they sky above our current players).

You know that attacking players aren't always strikers right... Cywka certainly wasn't a striker.

As for Porter, he was looking great until his injury trouble.

Commons was a free transfer from forest. It's just getting the right player and giving them time to do the business.

Totally agree with you about lack of finance and that Nigel is unilkely to be able to keep on buying excellent players on the cheap.

Thought Sammon was utter tripe on Saturday. Looks in desperate need of a goal, short on confidence, and struggling with the pressure that comes hand in hand with the fee we spent on him.

Theo on other hand may run around like a lost golden retriever but at least has a knack for popping up with random goals - goals that his play doesn't seem to justify!

The most important and most dificult thing to do in football is scoring goals. I don't care if he's **** for 89 minutes of a game, if he earns us points either by scoring an equaliser or a winner I've got no problem with him at all...

When everyone is fit Ward will be ahead of him in the pecking order but he's perfectly ok for a back up...

Honestly believe that Theo is the best ever crap footballer. It's weird that he can be that bad at football and keep grabbing goals or look as if he's about to score.

Whatever you say about Theo - he was just as effective as Jordan Rhodes on Saturday.

The thing with Theo is that he's getting better - true that when he arrived on loan he looked like the proverbial headless chicken, but he's far more focussed in what he does now and appears to be listening to the coaching staff.

I don't actually think he's anywhere near as bad as some make out and could quite easily get 15 goals a season given the opportunity to play - more than you would predict for most of our other strikers.....

Just makes me laugh that we're arguing his merits despite the fact he was joint top scorer last season and is joint top scorer so far this season despite not being an ever present in either. Despite doing a lot of things wrong, he's obviously doing somethings right...

Just makes me laugh that we're arguing his merits despite the fact he was joint top scorer last season and is joint top scorer so far this season despite not being an ever present in either. Despite doing a lot of things wrong, he's obviously doing somethings right...

Yep, he's scoring goals.

Honestly believe that Theo is the best ever crap footballer. It's weird that he can be that bad at football and keep grabbing goals or look as if he's about to score.

Whatever you say about Theo - he was just as effective as Jordan Rhodes on Saturday.

I know which one i'd rather have in my team though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived