Theo Robinson

loweman2

Theo Robinson isn't a good footballer, however, saying that... he is deceptively clever, right place, right time... and despite never really looking convincing, he makes it work and scores goals.

the most fascinating player in modern football, along with Balotelli - he'll be playing for England before you know it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I hate this saying, 'not a good footballer', the guy has 7 goals or so, he has pace, enough smarts to get into the right positions and scored 12 last season despite missing a few months through injury. He IS a good footballer.

What people mean to say is he has poor technical ability, people shouldn't be saying he isn't a good footballer as that's a ridiculous statement. If he truly wasn't a good footballer in his position, he wouldn't score or go close, wouldn't find himself in the right positions and wouldn't be able to lead a line. Theo can do all these things.

So he is therefore a 'good' footballer, at the very least he's a useful one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Gary Lineker a good footballer?

You bet he was, yet he repeatedly put balls into the back of the net by being in the right place tp receive decent crosses.

He would often ask why he got the credit for the goals when all he was doing was what he was being paid for!

From what I have seen of our Theo he is definitely cast in the same mould.

I just hope we can keep hold of him.

Sadly I doubt it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Was Gary Lineker a good footballer?

You bet he was, yet he repeatedly put balls into the back of the net by being in the right place tp receive decent crosses.

He would often ask why he got the credit for the goals when all he was doing was what he was being paid for!

From what I have seen of our Theo he is definitely cast in the same mould.

I just hope we can keep hold of him.

Sadly I doubt it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I think I'm right in saying that Lineker never scored a goal outside of the 18 yard box in his entire career. Yet he's still one of the best strikers England has ever produced. Just to clarify I DON'T belive Theo to be in the same class...

I think we should acknowledge that even though Theo isn't a good 'footballer', he is a good goal scorer.

I think I'm right in saying that Lineker never scored a goal outside of the 18 yard box in his entire career. Yet he's still one of the best strikers England has ever produced. Just to clarify I DON'T belive Theo to be in the same class...

I think we should acknowledge that even though Theo isn't a good 'footballer', he is a good goal scorer.

we'll what about van Nistelroy? If I remember right, he scored one goal (just) outside 18 yard box for ManU. Good striker thought, real goalscorer.

Guestion, is what he did wrong last Saturday? He didn't look poor player at all. Once he shooted when should have passed. (Very early, attacking from left). And that wasn't too bad mistake, nothing wrong striker being greedy.

Robinson scores goals. Play him up top, through the middle, in and around the box.

If you do, he's an effective footballer.

If you play him on the left where he needs to dribble, cross, link up - you won't see the best of him, and he'll be ineffective.

I think it was a worthwhile exercise sticking him out wide as Cloughy did because he has the raw attributes to at least make it worth giving it a try. But it didn't work, so keep him up top.

we'll what about van Nistelroy? If I remember right, he scored one goal (just) outside 18 yard box for ManU. Good striker thought, real goalscorer.

(Q)uestion, is what he did do wrong last Saturday? He didn't look poor player at all. Once he shooted when should have passed. (Very early, attacking from left). And that wasn't too bad mistake, nothing wrong striker being greedy.

Nothing that's the point, he may not be Messi or Ronaldo or Rooney or Aguero but he does know where the goal is so I have no problems with him whatsoever...

I have no problem with displays like saturday, unfortunately they don't come round too often for him though. His all round game was good saturday which it hasn't been all season really. If he can put more performances like that in and become abit more consistent then he might start to lose the tag of "**** footballer" etc.

He's the best poor player in the world.

That means he's better than the poorest best players.

Luke Moore - Rubbish good player

Theo - good rubbish player

If that's not proof then I don't know what is. I've dealt a cold hard fact there.

Is Robinson one of the fan favourites? He seemed to get a particularly bigger cheer when he came on against Charlton?

Yes, he is a lovable rogue! despite all his short comings he scores the goals, sometimes in comical fashion (search his goal against hull last season)

By my calculations, Theo has scored 7 goals in roughly 663 minutes of football this season, which is 7.37 games. So, 7 goals in 7.37 games - that's pretty good, if only Clough played him every game, he could be our first 40 goal a season player!!! It does mean that, doesn't it?

(By the way, Wikipedia (not where I got the above from) has Ronaldo as one of his middle names!! Is that a hack?)

Think with Theo we share his frustration and we all want him to do well. Almost everyone refers to him by first name when they talk about him and I think it's hard not to be taken in by his charm.

By charm, I mean doing good things he never means to do and getting almost everything wrong that he tries to do.

it's just dead frustrating watching a player who has a worst first touch than your average bin man. gets t'goals though. i used to get pissedawf playing with those types of players too. he's got us some points though. but how the f*ck do you get a chance as a youngster with a first touch like that.... must have been lightening quick when he was lil theo

Archived