Theo Robinson

loweman2

I know which one i'd rather have in my team though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'd probably rather have a Porsche than my Fiat Panda if I'm totally honest with you, but my Panda does its job. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Also, transfer fees imply that Rhodes is 40 times better than Theo. To justify his price tag, Rhodes has to score 480 goals this season. I hate to write off seasons prematurely, but I think he's going to struggle to achieve that.

Theo is better value for money. Like my Panda.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd probably rather have a Porsche than my Fiat Panda if I'm totally honest with you, but my Panda does its job. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Also, transfer fees imply that Rhodes is 40 times better than Theo. To justify his price tag, Rhodes has to score 480 goals this season. I hate to write off seasons prematurely, but I think he's going to struggle to achieve that.

Granted yes, but you pay for that extra bit of quality, that bit that seperates you from the rest. Similar to your panda and a ferrari, a new ferrari will cost 20 times more then a new fiat, it might not go 20 times faster, it might not got from 0-60 20 times faster, but what Rhodes did on Saturday was be given half a chance, and thats all it was to be fair, and he scored an absolute great goal. People seemed to be very surprised when Rhodes didn't even make contact with the ball from 6 yards out when one of there players put the ball in, such as the class of the player and the reputation he has.

It would be nice to have a player in our team that can do something Rhodes can do, and that is change a game in an instant, we had one in Commons, but for one reason or another he left, and we have become a team that only scores goals in the 10 yard area, which I have no problem with a goal is a goal, but if we play a team, that has a stubborn defence, and plays with there backs to the wall, which I feel Ipswich will do tonight, we'll be only collecting draws.

We've always had a 'hero' in our team through the years, whether it be Hector, Kinkladze, Idiakez or whoever. Someone that we can say, 'Ooh i hope he plays' or 'I'm absolutely devastated he's injured' much like when Idiakez got injured for the first leg off the play off semi-final, i was devastated, because he could change a game in an instant. We don't have any players that can do that, and it certainly isn't Theo Robinson.

Granted yes, but you pay for that extra bit of quality, that bit that seperates you from the rest. Similar to your panda and a ferrari, a new ferrari will cost 20 times more then a new fiat, it might not go 20 times faster, it might not got from 0-60 20 times faster, but what Rhodes did on Saturday was be given half a chance, and thats all it was to be fair, and he scored an absolute great goal. People seemed to be very surprised when Rhodes didn't even make contact with the ball from 6 yards out when one of there players put the ball in, such as the class of the player and the reputation he has.

It would be nice to have a player in our team that can do something Rhodes can do, and that is change a game in an instant, we had one in Commons, but for one reason or another he left, and we have become a team that only scores goals in the 10 yard area, which I have no problem with a goal is a goal, but if we play a team, that has a stubborn defence, and plays with there backs to the wall, which I feel Ipswich will do tonight, we'll be only collecting draws.

We've always had a 'hero' in our team through the years, whether it be Hector, Kinkladze, Idiakez or whoever. Someone that we can say, 'Ooh i hope he plays' or 'I'm absolutely devastated he's injured' much like when Idiakez got injured for the first leg off the play off semi-final, i was devastated, because he could change a game in an instant. We don't have any players that can do that, and it certainly isn't Theo Robinson.

Didn't Theo change a potential loss to a draw with a goal from a tight angle?

Rhodes was very average, Keogh had him in his back pocket. Was a good goal he scored but nothing spectacular.

From where I sat I thought Rhodes and Robinson both had poor games but both scored, nothing more nothing less.

You can't really just go off goals.

I really like Robinson, but Rhodes will come for the ball, bring other players in to the game, provide a few assists along the way - and he'll do all of those things alot more than Robinson will.

I thought he (Rhodes) looked good on Saturday. What £8m buys you, amongst other things, is the absolute confidence that when the ball leaves his boot it will end up as a goal, which it did. The same happened with Robinson, but it's not as sure a thing - I'm thinking of the one on one he had away at Sheff United when he was on loan, but there's plenty of examples. His game, however, has unquestionably improved.

The good thing is that I don't think we're as reliant on an out and out striker as a team like Blackburn are. We've got 10 goalscorers so far, and quite literally they're all over the pitch, and I think that's important.

Still waiting for at least one "exellent" striker. Not Tyson, Maguire or Robinson. Jury is still out on Sammon but not impressed so far.

No money for an "excellent" striker so Clough bought Robinson, Tyson and Sammon. Two of them scored tonight and one of them made both goals, which made me laugh out loud 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• 2 weeks later...

We all know he's one of the worst technical players ive ever seen at the rams (he is improving as his second goal proved) but if the boy starts the boy scores. Started 7 this season and got 7 goals. The lads only 23 and could be a big player this season. He's also becoming a fans favorite (despite the groans)

Theoooooooooooooooo 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I thought he had a much better game yesterday and he and sammon looked a lot more comfortable with each others positioning sammon played a lot deeper than usual and theo was not left out on the wing, he played a lot more down the middle, that along with couts playing well and linking up with Brayford down the right wing made all of the difference and created a whole lot more chances, got it tactically right this time.

Theo always struck me as a 'right man in the right place' kind of striker, which is why his second goal yesterday brought so much pleasure. Skinned one bloke, shimmied the other with a neat shoulder drop then stuck it through the keeper's legs. It was a quality goal that had, say, Jordan Rhodes scored, everyone would be saying 'that's what you pay £8 million for".

Theo always struck me as a 'right man in the right place' kind of striker, which is why his second goal yesterday brought so much pleasure. Skinned one bloke, shimmied the other with a neat shoulder drop then stuck it through the keeper's legs. It was a quality goal that had, say, Jordan Rhodes scored, everyone would be saying 'that's what you pay £8 million for".

His goal away to doncaster last season was better. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Theo finds himself in the right place time and time again. If Kevin Phillips does it, we all claim good footballing knowledge. If Theo does it, we claim it luck.

He has how many goals to his name? 7? For a player who hasn't been starting every game and for many of his 'appearances' this season hes had the last ten minutes to do anything.

If Theo played like he did on saturday on a pretty constant basis then he wouldn't be in this league. The problem is that he's currently too raw and on another day he'd have scuffed the first chance and probably lost the second dribble to a poor touch. I'd play him almost all season, shift Hughes to the middle, drop Hendrick and play Ward on the left when fit.

Theo scores goals, and he's still young. You can't keep him out of the side in my opinion unless the goals have dried up entirely and he simply needs a few games off.

Theo finds himself in the right place time and time again. If Kevin Phillips does it, we all claim good footballing knowledge. If Theo does it, we claim it luck.

He has how many goals to his name? 7? For a player who hasn't been starting every game and for many of his 'appearances' this season hes had the last ten minutes to do anything.

If Theo played like he did on saturday on a pretty constant basis then he wouldn't be in this league. The problem is that he's currently too raw and on another day he'd have scuffed the first chance and probably lost the second dribble to a poor touch. I'd play him almost all season, shift Hughes to the middle, drop Hendrick and play Ward on the left when fit.

Theo scores goals, and he's still young. You can't keep him out of the side in my opinion unless the goals have dried up entirely and he simply needs a few games off.

Perfect 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

I think Theo will never sort out his moments of blind stupidity and awfulness. You're either a player who misses sitters or you're not. He's had years of academy football and first team football, thousands of hours of training, and what he's got left to develop are is complex stuff of Championship football. He's beyond the stage now of learning how to stick the ball between the sticks from 6 yards every time without fail.

I also don't think the goals will ever dry up. Theo doesn't seem to have any confidence issues, and never lets a bad miss get him down. How many times has he missed a sitter and then gone on to score? How many times has he cost us vital two points on a Tuesday night, and then come on a Saturday and scored and played a blinder?

I could probably write a two thousand word essay on Theo. No, actually, make that a dissertation. He fascinates me.

Theo Robinson isn't a good footballer, however, saying that... he is deceptively clever, right place, right time... and despite never really looking convincing, he makes it work and scores goals.

the most fascinating player in modern football, along with Balotelli - he'll be playing for England before you know it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived