next 3 games....plus

nfb

It will be interesting to see where we are after these 3 games , as Blackburn(h),then ipswich/pboro (a) are, or should be all winnable by our standards and theirs so far this season, but imho we still need a bit more 'bite' in the last 3rd of the pitch,whether its shots from outside the box (NC permitting 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> ) or more clinical finnishing, but i hope to get all 9 points....

In fact November with Pool/barnsley/millwal/palace/brum, are all also game we could get 3 points in...

Setting us up,hopefully with some confidence for December which is a much tougher month 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Cant wait for Christmas......

Onwards and upwards

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does anyone think we will get anything against Blackburn? They have probably the strongest squad in the division, and will probably heave a decent manager in charge by then who they will all be looking to impress, I would say that anythign more than a good beatign by them is a decent result.

ipswich....away....new manager? nil points.

Peterbrough away.....started to win a couple, could be tricky.

Realistically, I would say that 1 point max from 3 games.

Every game is winnable.. Why are people picking and choosing games that are winnable and loseable when everyone knows that anything can happen..

Derby 5-1 Watford

Huddlesfield 2-3 Watford

Huddlesfield 1-0 Derby

Blackburn 1-2 Boro

Barnsley 1-0 Boro

Blackburn 2-1 Barnsley

Hull 1-3 Peterborough

Peterborough 1-2 Leeds

Leeds 2-3 Hull

We could easily thrash Blackburn 4-0 or get thrashed by them 0-4.. I wouldn't be suprised either way.. No-one would have thought Peterborough would go to Hull and cruise it 1-3.. And we're playing Ipswich, a team that hasn't won for 8 games, well given we're such a generous team we'll probably hand them their first win..

I will always be disappointed with less than 5 points every 3 games as less than 5 points every 3 games isn't playoff form.. I want to see us promoted, not being happy with a point away at an average NPC club with very little quality.

Still another 9 days til blackburn match but at least we've got the san marino match to keep us entertained. its like derby having to play a dcfcfans.co.uk XI to qualify for the fa cup. some really dull matches on saturday. Boring international mismatches should be left to rugby. roll on the 20th. 3 games in 7 days then nowt for a fortnight.

You target points from teams that will be in your mini group in the table, I'm sure Adkins and Southampton fans don't look at games like Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea as winnable, they will be looking to pick up points from the likes of Norwich, QPR, Villa, Wigan etc.

Not expecting points from Ipswich or Peterborough buts its fair to predict that these games will be easier than the Blackburn game, obviously not every game goes according to what's on paper.

Bookies do the same by offering different odds on each team and that's why we know anything can happen because the bookie takes our money every bloody weekend.

I think in The Championship it's difficult to predict results on a game by game basis. Over 46 games it's more likely you can pick top, mid and bottom sides but literally anyone can beat anyone in a one off game. I would be happy with 5 or more points from the next 3 games, 4 is probably par and 3 or less would be disappointing but who knows?

Also, it's very hard to predict how we're going to play against different players. In we came up against Newscastle, for example, we all know their strengths and we'd be laying bricks about how Buxton and Keogh would deal with Ba and Cisse's movement, and how Cabaye would tear our midfield apart, and how Tiote would destroy Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick.

However, if I were to ask you to name 5 players from every team in the Championship I know pretty much no one could do it. There are some teams, like Leicester, who we just can not beat, and there are other teams, like Leeds, who can not beat us. The respective weaknesses of both sides has more of an effect on the game than league position...

But, as has been said, you need to be taking around 5 points every three games, and that's always always possible.

We've just taken 5 from 3, but if Theo had scored his sitter at 'Boro we'd only need to take one win from the next three to continue top 6 form. Taking 5 points from 3 games sets you up for a points tally of 77.

Archived