Derby County v Charlton

Boycie

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't surprised Bris, he knew all about him.

That's because I have seriously good footballing knowledge.. I'm modest so I won't say I have the best on these boards but I'm in or around the top 3..

As for Derby.. Pride Park has seen 25 goals in 4 games.. I bet no-one else has a record even close to that..

That's because I have seriously good footballing knowledge.. I'm modest so I won't say I have the best on these boards but I'm in or around the top 3..

As for Derby.. Pride Park has seen 25 goals in 4 games.. I bet no-one else has a record even close to that..

You changed your mind on Coutts yet Bris?

I must have been the only one in the ground not wanting Coutts to shoot at the end. Much safer running it into the corner.

No, I'm with you on that one.

We should of just kept the ball mind. There were a few desperate punts that landed straight back to Charltons players, just keep the ball!

Yes, you certainly had that negative Coutts sussed out.

Fielding - 6.

Keogh - 8.

O'connor - 5.5.

Brayford - 7.

Hughes - 7.5.

Bryson - 7.5.

Hendrick - 5.5.

Ward - 8.

Sammon - 6.5.

I thought Hendrick was crap tonight. I don't understand how we've rated him so differently, haha.

spot on for me, apart from Hughes, IMO he didn't have the best of games. Regards our defence and goal against record we are all mostly talking about. I rate our back line, just feel our midfield (defensively) isn't good enough, great going forward but it leaving a strain on our defence

Didn't go last night, but it sounded like a really good performance, albeit a little hairy towards the end. I suppose it shows both our ability to play great football and to be resilient and to hold out. I'm now looking forward to going to the Burnley game, and I get a chance to see Hughes, Coutts and Sammon in action.

Interesting to see that we're 3 points off relegation and 2 points off the playoffs, shows you how tight the league is. Blackpool, Blackburn, Hull, Brighton and Cardiff look to be pulling away at the top, and it's important to keep winning to keep up with him. Roll on Saturday!

Fielding - 6.

Keogh - 8.

O'connor - 5.5.

Brayford - 7.

Hughes - 7.5.

Bryson - 7.5.

Hendrick - 5.5.

Ward - 8.

Sammon - 6.5.

I thought Hendrick was crap tonight. I don't understand how we've rated him so differently, haha.

Now I know we're brilliant - we won this match with 9 men 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Wasnt there but it's getting a bit frustrating Clough installing that 'hang on' attitude despite us dominating games. Whether we're 1-0 up or 5-0 up we shouldnt be trying to see games out. That's 3 games out of the 7 this season that we've had comfortable leads and allowed sides back into the game.

My main criticism of Clough for this entire time here is his mentality in the later parts of games, and despite numerous warnings over the years he still doesnt seemed to have learnt anything. If he's gunna install this 'see the game out' attitude, it should be through keeping possession, not getting it into the corners with 10 minutes left.

Dont get me wrong, im loving the 3-2 scoreline, but it should be us being 2-0 down and coming back to win, not letting sides back into the game when cruising.

Wasnt there but it's getting a bit frustrating Clough installing that 'hang on' attitude despite us dominating games. Whether we're 1-0 up or 5-0 up we shouldnt be trying to see games out. That's 3 games out of the 7 this season that we've had comfortable leads and allowed sides back into the game.

My main criticism of Clough for this entire time here is his mentality in the later parts of games, and despite numerous warnings over the years he still doesnt seemed to have learnt anything. If he's gunna install this 'see the game out' attitude, it should be through keeping possession, not getting it into the corners with 10 minutes left.

Dont get me wrong, im loving the 3-2 scoreline, but it should be us being 2-0 down and coming back to win, not letting sides back into the game when cruising.

Im not Cloughs biggest fan, but he plays the percentages game and he got stick before when it didnt work, last night it did, so he should get praise for it IMO as it worked.

We were 3 nil up and cruising, it took a wonder goal, and some bad defending to get them back in it, but this happened within a 2 minute spell, Im not sure what NC could have done about it.

As for us being 2 nil down, i dont understand that bit, sorry ?

It's quite obvious that some consider being 2-0 down and winning 3-2 is better than being 3-0 up and still winning.

Last night I don't think we were cruising at all - we just kept on playing our game at a high tempo and attacking whenever we could.

In spite of what some people say we haven't "sat back" at all (in the home games) - we have allowed ourselves to be pushed back later on in games but that's entirely different - the opposition will always have a good spell at sometime in the game.

Theres a guy sits in front of me complaining last night that we were sitting back, when we were defending a free kick from half-way inside our own half. And he was moaning that it was 'just long ball' when Frankie was clearing the ball up field.

I think in the end he went home disappointed that we won.

It's quite obvious that some consider being 2-0 down and winning 3-2 is better than being 3-0 up and still winning.

Last night I don't think we were cruising at all - we just kept on playing our game at a high tempo and attacking whenever we could.

In spite of what some people say we haven't "sat back" at all (in the home games) - we have allowed ourselves to be pushed back later on in games but that's entirely different - the opposition will always have a good spell at sometime in the game.

Theres a guy sits in front of me complaining last night that we were sitting back, when we were defending a free kick from half-way inside our own half. And he was moaning that it was 'just long ball' when Frankie was clearing the ball up field.

I think in the end he went home disappointed that we won.

There are plenty like that, aren't there. Incredible.......

It's great how opinions differ, some people thought Hendrick was great where as I thought he was very wasteful and sloppy tonight. Not as slick as he normally is on the ball.

A good win, cruising at 2/3 up and then a wonder goal from no where. Fuller did seem to get them going once he came on, a few decent off the line clearances and some poor finishing made sure the come back didn't come off!

Thought we could have had a few more, Sammon in the first half 1 on 1 has to do better, could of had one in the second half after a poor clearance. I thought him and Ward looked alot better than saturday.

My ratings for what it's worth:

Frankie - 6. Didn't really do anything. Few good clearances but a quiet night bar picking the ball out of the net again.

Roberts - 6.5. Mr steady again, had a tough last 20 against a tricky player though.

Keogh - 7.5. Leader of men, sets a great example of passion and a desire to win the ball back. Some solid tackles.

O'connor - 6. Quite shakey at times, didn't win many headers at all which is a big flaw to his game at centre back, probably why Bucko replaced him.

Brayford - 6.5. Looked lively, him and Coutts are a good pairing down the right. Some very nice football in the first half.

Will Hughes - 7.5. Quality in spells, links up play brilliantly. Very unselfish for our second goal.

Bryson - 7. Busy as ever, got stuck in and made some good ground for his goal.

Hendrick - 6. Ok performance. Very sloppy with some of his passing and dwelling on the ball, some good runs throughout though.

Ward - 8. Better from wardy, deserved his goals tonight as aswell as putting a shift in he was quality throughout. Great accuracy for the first.

Sammon - 7. Good performance, on another day will score one or two if he plays like that. Good link up, thought him and Ward looked good for a change together.

Nige - 7. Persists with our best team, looked good for 75 minutes until a screamer swung the game. Made the correct sub at the correct time despite people calling for theo. (Why, seriously?). Thought we were alot more comfortable in the last 5 than the previous home game that went tits.

Sloppy and scrappy towards the end but the 3 points is the most important.

pretty much agree with those scores. would have given them all an extra point apart from the last 20 mins. first game this season so feel i can finally contribute. Overall very good passing team, and thats the point. ive seen that we play as a team. have not seen that really since the billy davies days of 1-0's. very exciting team, lots of creativity and chances. some lovely 3-4 touch passes. Despite Charlton being absolutely awful for 65 mins, we actually can do better than this. Also saw a lot of final balls so astray, several poor passes and giving the ball away. several wrong options, and so many missed chances. Really deserved to be 4-0 up at half time at least. Would have settled for 3-0 final score at half time, thought that was the least we deserved. AT LAST! for the first time in 2 years we finally have a centre forward who knows what to do and how to play in that position. thought he was excellent. a great buy. shame we didnt get him for £600k like we should have done. Keogh was cool. several good tackles. was bullied a bit by fuller at the end though. after 60 mins I thought this team can get promoted. now i realise that we will lose quite a few as well as win a good proportion. 8th-12th likely. The attitude seems good, they work well for each other. lets credit nigel and his team for developing this culture. I think this is a better side than last season.

Im not Cloughs biggest fan, but he plays the percentages game and he got stick before when it didnt work, last night it did, so he should get praise for it IMO as it worked.

We were 3 nil up and cruising, it took a wonder goal, and some bad defending to get them back in it, but this happened within a 2 minute spell, Im not sure what NC could have done about it.

As for us being 2 nil down, i dont understand that bit, sorry ?

Im only going on what i've read on the message boards, but i read that last night and against Wednesday we began to sit back and let the opposition back into the game once we had a comfortable lead. If that's not right then i apologise, but Clough has always looked to defend leads late on in games and has paid the price at times. If tonight was a one off i wouldnt care, but it's the third time already this season, i know we won the game, but without efforts being cleared off the line it could have been a different story.

Archived