Derby County v Charlton

Boycie

I wouldn't say we sat back, we were just very wasteful in the last 15 that meant Charlton put abit of pressure on us. It's not as if we couldn't get our our own half, we had the ball in the corners 3/4 times that killed plenty of time, Charlton didn't really get in our 18 yard box in all honesty, especially the last 5. They had a couple of corners and freekicks which brought on the on-line clearances but open play wise we did ok.

I didn't understand the Theo chants, he's not going to help us defend better. (He was eventually brought on a few mins later and within 60 seconds got caught stupidly offside, Nigel was going mental). People shouting "You're clueless clough" when replacing O'connor with Buxton too? Great sub, won everything in the air and helped soak up plenty of pressure.

I think Nigel obviously has learned from the Wednesday game, we can defend much better when our defensive line is further up the pitch, not on our 6 yard box.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Brayford gets 7 and Hendrick and Oconner 5.5 Roberts no score and Coutts after flu no score ? 5.5 for Hendrick and Oconner very harsh . We outplayed them for most of the game

I think it's obvious that leaving Roberts and Coutts out was a mistake. But i stand by what I said last night. I though Hendrick was poor and O'Connor got subbed because he was poor so there's no arguing that.

I'll update this then...

Fielding - 6.

Roberts - 7.

Keogh - 8.

O'connor - 5.5.

Brayford - 7.

Hughes - 7.

Bryson - 7.5.

Hendrick - 5.5.

Coutts - 7.

Ward - 8.

Sammon - 6.5.

SUB: Buxton - 10.

I thought Hendrick was crap tonight. I don't understand how we've rated him so differently, haha.

(Edit: Roberts missing, Coutts missing, Hughes lowered.)

Roberts and O'Conner not so good last, Hughes more effective in the middle, wasted on the left IMO

Would like to see Hoghanson or whatever his name is at left back, Roberts panics when he gets the ball and his man marking is poor

Good win though even if we made it hard work, Charlton were poor and will struggle this season if last night is anything to go on

Just seen the highlights, anyone else think Ward dived for the pen? Didn't even go for the ball once in the box 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Went down easy but the defenders a bit too close for comfort, you can tell from the defenders reaction that maybe he shouldn't have been too clingy. For me it shouldn't be a penalty but in this day and age it unfortunately is.

Im only going on what i've read on the message boards, but i read that last night and against Wednesday we began to sit back and let the opposition back into the game once we had a comfortable lead. If that's not right then i apologise, but Clough has always looked to defend leads late on in games and has paid the price at times. If tonight was a one off i wouldnt care, but it's the third time already this season, i know we won the game, but without efforts being cleared off the line it could have been a different story.

we didn't sit back.

No. But we did run towards the corner with like 10 mins left.

Exactly my point.

If we had completely shut them out and saw the game out well, then at least you could say we were good at shutting up shop. But didnt they have at least one shot cleared off the line? Didnt sound very convincing on the radio.

no.

that would be boring

believe what you want i couldn't care less - and i suspect deep down you're happy with how you feel about a game you didn't see so it would be a waste of your time.

Why ask then?

I have no feelings about what i've read, i cant get to home games very easily so look on here and match reports to get a grasp of games. I very rarely comment on games that i havent been to, but to let a third team this season back into the game when leading comfortably was something worth discussing, maybe cos i needed us to complete my treble.

I've read numerous people say how nervy the last 15 minutes was, how we looked to defend and how the players dropped back to defend.

I find it hard to believe that a side that had to clear two shots off the line 'saw the game out well', but as you said, you were there and i wasnt.

Archived