Derby County v Charlton

Boycie

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing the tricky stuff right and the basics wrong.

Surely that will come in time? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Never dull being a Derby fan ey? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Great win though, thought Jeffy Hendrick and Wardy we're top today.

It was wierd, as soon as Wardy's penalty went in, I had the horrible thought that they were going to sit back a bit and bloody hell I wish they wouldn't prove me right.

But fair play to them, their 1st goal came out of nowhere and was a real belter. There were a fair few of us applauding that..

Last nervy 20 minutes but well done Wardy for being in the right place, right time to stop us bloody drawing. And well done team because they played a lot of great passing football and our 3 goals.

Highlights for me, Rebecca Addlington & Ross Davenport doing a lap of honour and the lovely tribute to Mr Else, rounded off with 3 points. A good night that.

Prefer that to the fluke 1-0 wins we had in August 2011.

Exactly.

If you can score you always stand a chance. Even at 2/3 down you know you could likely pull it back as get tonked. Plus it's exciting.

I reckon it's easier to introduce little ways of tightening up than it is to become creative.

Players enjoy scoring too.

I agree with you Cumbrian. If we can do the hard bit but suffer on the basics.... well, the basics are basic.

Great performance for 75 minutes from the lads. Their wonder goal plus Ricardo Fuller coming on changed the game, but we saw it through. Today again showed we need a 5th midfield player in the 18.

Ratings

Fielding 7 - didn't have much to do, one decent save, good kicking

Brayford 8 - much better today, got forward well in the first half, good crosses

Roberts 7 - Roberts should change his name to Roberts-Seven

Keogh - 8 Imperious again. Got a little ruffled by Fuller late on

O'Connor - 7 - Good tidying up work, made a couple of errors

Coutts - 7.5 - Made the creative difference from Saturday despite not being 100%, good driving runs, tired last 15 mins

Hendrick - 6.5 Better than at Huddersfield, passing was cautious but safe

Bryson - 9 MOM - was everywhere, read the game so well, pressured opposition and scored

Hughes - 7 - Some good stuff but was bullied a little, not always legally

Ward - 7.5 Some great stuff, but still makes bad decisions

Sammon - 7 Worked hard and linked play well but missed two chances

Was too close for comfort in the end but we deserved the 3 points, Hughes and Bryson were brilliant, Sammon put in a good shift but should have scored at least one. It's encouraging that he gets into those positions though. O'connor was poor for me, time to bring back Bucko.

It's great how opinions differ, some people thought Hendrick was great where as I thought he was very wasteful and sloppy tonight. Not as slick as he normally is on the ball.

A good win, cruising at 2/3 up and then a wonder goal from no where. Fuller did seem to get them going once he came on, a few decent off the line clearances and some poor finishing made sure the come back didn't come off!

Thought we could have had a few more, Sammon in the first half 1 on 1 has to do better, could of had one in the second half after a poor clearance. I thought him and Ward looked alot better than saturday.

My ratings for what it's worth:

Frankie - 6. Didn't really do anything. Few good clearances but a quiet night bar picking the ball out of the net again.

Roberts - 6.5. Mr steady again, had a tough last 20 against a tricky player though.

Keogh - 7.5. Leader of men, sets a great example of passion and a desire to win the ball back. Some solid tackles.

O'connor - 6. Quite shakey at times, didn't win many headers at all which is a big flaw to his game at centre back, probably why Bucko replaced him.

Brayford - 6.5. Looked lively, him and Coutts are a good pairing down the right. Some very nice football in the first half.

Will Hughes - 7.5. Quality in spells, links up play brilliantly. Very unselfish for our second goal.

Bryson - 7. Busy as ever, got stuck in and made some good ground for his goal.

Hendrick - 6. Ok performance. Very sloppy with some of his passing and dwelling on the ball, some good runs throughout though.

Ward - 8. Better from wardy, deserved his goals tonight as aswell as putting a shift in he was quality throughout. Great accuracy for the first.

Sammon - 7. Good performance, on another day will score one or two if he plays like that. Good link up, thought him and Ward looked good for a change together.

Nige - 7. Persists with our best team, looked good for 75 minutes until a screamer swung the game. Made the correct sub at the correct time despite people calling for theo. (Why, seriously?). Thought we were alot more comfortable in the last 5 than the previous home game that went tits.

Sloppy and scrappy towards the end but the 3 points is the most important.

My ratings because I'm bored. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> -

Frankie - 7, made saves when he needed too, couldn't do nothing about their goals, that first one was a wonder goal. But he always made himself available for the pass, also, his kicking was top draw. (Apart from a few 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> )

Brayford - 7, steady game, got forward well first half and the link up play between him and Coutts was class, tired the second half though.

Keogh - 8, shows AGAIN why we paid the money we did for him, never put a foot wrong and won an awful lot in the air. We came out of defensive with the ball a lot as well which helped attacking!

O'Connor - 7, Nice steady player, I'm still not convinced on his defending side yet though, backs off his man to much for my liking, but passed the ball well.

Roberts - 7, again the steady man we know and love 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />, thought he got up and down the channels very well tonight, and always offered himself to Hughes when he was in danger.

Coutts - 7, Again played very well, link up play was brilliant first half, tired the second half though. Also, WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT!?

Hendrick - 8, Thought he need this performance today, got his finger out his a*se and worked his socks off, bossed the midfield with Bryso. Hopefully, back to his best after a few average performances.

Bryson - 8, again, similar to Hendrick, bossed the midfield and the run he made for his goal was class, hopefully, many more goals to come!

Hughes - 7, passed well, average standard for young William. Tired second half though, we should of took him off earlier in my opinion.

Ward - 9, best I've seen him play in a Derby shirt. Got the goal, link up play with Fish man was brill, shame he didn't get his 3rd!! Hoping for more performances like today.

Sammon - 7, played well, battled and won a few balls which then created chances. Missed 2 chances where he should really be putting them away. Should come in game time.

So, overall, a very good performance and the link up play was class, just need to stay switched on for 90 minutes, not 68 minutes.

Archived