Rowett minimum expectations for 17/18

Day

Rowett Expections  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, cannable said:

What he did at Brum was a totally different job to what he needs to do with us. 

Don't agree ,, what he did at brum was build a team that worked for each other ,, made the most and more out of the resources available to him and over achieved , for me that's what good managers do at any level , if he mirrors those qualities with us with access to supposed better? players at the club and spending power to bring better? players in then he will take us up no problem ,

anybody can buy players , anybody can see players performing well for other clubs and think they are just what we need ,,,,,,,not everyone can take 11players and put them onto a football pitch so motivated and organised that they perform to their potential and better ,, that's the job rowett did at brum and by all accounts burton too and that's what's he's been employed to do at Derby ,, end of 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've put 11th to 15th, though I would expect us to be in the top half of the table. The main thing I want to see is for most of the high paid players that aren't doing anything for us to go and for us to sign some cheaper players with lots of potential and a lot to prove, a bit like some of the signings Nigel Clough used to make. I'd then like to see us go for promotion the following season.

The main thing though is for us to give Gary Rowett the time he needs to sort our team out, and not just sack him if we lose a few games in a row.

13 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Top six.

Even with a reduction of the squad the core players plus the return of Martin, Thorne and Forsyth will be more than enough to challenge at the top.

GR uses different formations which will help stop teams sitting back against us, I've got a good feeling about next season.

Unless Martin now decides he's OK with the idea of agreeing to move to Fulham. Pretty sure the new contract didn't effect the fact they have an agreed fee, it just made it more likely that Martin would decline the move. 

mumblemumble
22 hours ago, cannable said:

What he did at Brum was a totally different job to what he needs to do with us. 

He took a team in relegation form, low on confidence and turned them into a team chasing promotion without spending much money?

Looks similar to me.

1 hour ago, mumblemumble said:

He took a team in relegation form, low on confidence and turned them into a team chasing promotion without spending much money?

Looks similar to me.

Here he's got to rebuild a side that has been twisted and mutilated with the ideas, signings and sales of four/five managers in eighteen months. 

He can go three or four ways in this rebuild. He'll have money to spend from generated player sales.

14 hours ago, archied said:

Don't agree ,, what he did at brum was build a team that worked for each other ,, made the most and more out of the resources available to him and over achieved , for me that's what good managers do at any level , if he mirrors those qualities with us with access to supposed better? players at the club and spending power to bring better? players in then he will take us up no problem ,

anybody can buy players , anybody can see players performing well for other clubs and think they are just what we need ,,,,,,,not everyone can take 11players and put them onto a football pitch so motivated and organised that they perform to their potential and better ,, that's the job rowett did at brum and by all accounts burton too and that's what's he's been employed to do at Derby ,, end of 

Rowett has to decide what system he wants to employ going forward and then sell and replace as required. Big earners, star players… whoever.

Not read the thread yet so hope I don't repeat anything already posted.

I went play offs because listening to Rowett, I believe he sets high standards for himself. He's ambitious and I don't think he'll take too much nonsense. I think he'll be privately disappointed if we don't make them because I believe he knows he's got the tools to do the job. Now, whether he's allowed to...

Hopefully between now and the end of the season he'll weigh up who's here for the long term and who's surplus to requirement and he's allowed to buy and sell for us to move onwards and upwards.

I wish him luck with injuries, I think we've had our fair share this couple of seasons. COYR ?

7 hours ago, SecretDave said:

I've put 11th to 15th, though I would expect us to be in the top half of the table. The main thing I want to see is for most of the high paid players that aren't doing anything for us to go and for us to sign some cheaper players with lots of potential and a lot to prove, a bit like some of the signings Nigel Clough used to make. I'd then like to see us go for promotion the following season.

The main thing though is for us to give Gary Rowett the time he needs to sort our team out, and not just sack him if we lose a few games in a row.

IMO there's no way Rowatt will be here the whole season if we look like being 11th to 15th. Mel's 'trigger finger' won't allow it!

Makes me laugh/ despair

we all sit here and to a man i bet we pretty much all agree that this side needs pulling apart and starting all over

yet at the same time it appears the majority will be sitting at PP next season and if we're not in the play off mix then rowett will start feeling the same heat as previous, dare i say it theres a boo or two cos we're not smashing sides as a finely oiled cohesive unit or the football isnt as good as when mac was here first time round which will no doubt get banded about if things dont hit the ground running.

mel gets itchy and here we go again

ok perhaps over dramatising it, but u know what im saying

good things comes to those that wait

(Granted weve been waiting for what seems like ever but u get the jist lol,) 

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Makes me laugh/ despair

we all sit here and to a man i bet we pretty much all agree that this side needs pulling apart and starting all over

yet at the same time it appears the majority will be sitting at PP next season and if we're not in the play off mix then rowett will start feeling the same heat as previous, dare i say it theres a boo or two cos we're not smashing sides as a finely oiled cohesive unit or the football isnt as good as when mac was here first time round which will no doubt get banded about if things dont hit the ground running.

mel gets itchy and here we go again

ok perhaps over dramatising it, but u know what im saying

good things comes to those that wait

(Granted weve been waiting for what seems like ever but u get the jist lol,) 

Reminds me of when Jim Smith took over from Roy Mac.

We'd spent loads for our division, then Jim came in, trimmed it, spent a underwhelming amount of money on players we'd not heard of, and took us back to the big league!

Archived