Season over

Sexydadbod

Not going to make the play offs because the teams above us are too good and consistent(lots of late goals for our rivals). We don't deserve to make the play offs if we concede 7 goals in 2 games against rubbish teams anyway. We aren't going to get relegated now, might as well try and integrate some more youth players into the team if possible!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G-Ram said:

Not really there is always one team that puts a but of a run together and makes the 6th spot. If we get our act together & put a run together we'd be right back in the mixer 

Sadly, very much doubt that. If we were chasing 1 team then I'd agree but there are too many teams above us we are relying on to lose

Haven't posted in a while but my god we are so inconsistent every ******* year to the point I've resigned myself to feeling like we will never be nothing more than a fringe championship club , heartbreak year after year atleast this time we won't have the agony of losing in the play offs because we are no where near good enough constisently , Leeds and Huddersfield have no where near the facilities and backing we have and they are much better organised teams , so upsetting makes me want to cry being so excited for the year ahead with the possibility of the rams being in the top flight again to be shot back down , could sit here writing all day but what good will it do , I do this every year soppy fan speech over. 

Youth? The youth team has been decimated this season with players being released and put out on loan. Just look at the U23's this season. They are struggling in the top tier after last season's promotion and will be lucky to stay up.

We don't have a lot of youth to call upon right now.

The season was over a long time ago. SMC did miracles when he first came in (dead cat bounce) and raised expectations to dangerous (but welcome) levels. Play offs were always unlikely when he took over and if we'd kept the form up then it would be a possibility but probability always suggested it wasn't going to happen. 

None of this changes the fact we shouldn't be losing from being 2-0 of course. 

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

playoffs were always going to be unlikely considering our starting spot. We needed to go on automatic form right away. 

Time to just shape towards next season. 

Even during our last ten games we have only got 12 pts from 30.

Miles away from a team capable of the playoffs.

Archived